It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SLP2000: Will GOG be interested in releasing those games? Those are Amiga titles, and GOG already said that Amiga DoTC was all on Cinemaware.
The most important of the Thalion games are the games from the Amber series in my opinion.
Amberstar was released for MS DOS.
After the rights went from Thalion to the next right holder Ambermoon was in the process of being remade and ported to PC. That port was most likely finished (but was never released), if my research is correct. (I'm not talking about the various fan projects with the same goal.)
Post edited September 22, 2014 by Piranjade
I asked Holistic Games about Emperor of the Fading Suns, Machiavelli the Prince, Merchant Prince I and II, Hammer of the Gods. I mentioned GOG and Steam and that there is no way to buy their games online.

And they replied:

"We are working to create new versions and hope to have them available early next year. Please follow back up with us in December Thanks, "

So i guess there's a chance we'll see them on GOG.
SLP2000: So i guess there's a chance we'll see them on GOG.
Would personally really like Hammer Of The Gods here. Still have the CD version, and possibly the map card.
Could anyone contact Activision and tell them if they would be interested in putting Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2 on GoG?
keithdrop: Could anyone contact Activision and tell them if they would be interested in putting Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2 on GoG?
Their community contact info is here:
https://www.facebook.com/oneofswords
https://twitter.com/OneOfSwords
oneofswords@activision.com

I sent them an email a few weeks back but never heard from them, I hope others will try as well. Activision is still sitting on a ton of games but there's another issue. They share ties to a lot of other games, so it might not be worth their effort to find the rights and stuff to games if they won't actually see any money from it. They have rights to stuff like Blood Omen (which is with Square Enix) Hexen II: Portal of Praevus (which is with id), Mechwarrior (which is with Microsoft) and so on. It's kind of a mess. =\
keithdrop: Could anyone contact Activision and tell them if they would be interested in putting Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2 on GoG?
SCPM: Their community contact info is here:

I sent them an email a few weeks back but never heard from them, I hope others will try as well. Activision is still sitting on a ton of games but there's another issue. They share ties to a lot of other games, so it might not be worth their effort to find the rights and stuff to games if they won't actually see any money from it. They have rights to stuff like Blood Omen (which is with Square Enix) Hexen II: Portal of Praevus (which is with id), Mechwarrior (which is with Microsoft) and so on. It's kind of a mess. =\
Thank you for the contact info. I in fact called them before, a few months ago about SoF, but the person that i spoke with didnt know much of anything useful. About those games you mention, I know that they own Heretic and Hexen, too. id/Zenimax only has publishing rights to Heretic 1 and Hexen 1 and 2. That's why you dont see Heretic 2 or Hexen Portal of Praevus on Steam.
keithdrop: Thank you for the contact info. I in fact called them before, a few months ago about SoF, but the person that i spoke with didnt know much of anything useful. About those games you mention, I know that they own Heretic and Hexen, too. id/Zenimax only has publishing rights to Heretic 1 and Hexen 1 and 2. That's why you dont see Heretic 2 or Hexen Portal of Praevus on Steam.
No problem, and good luck!
SCPM: ...
Thing is they still have a lot of Sierra games that shouldn't, afaik, be legally ambiguous (even the classic CoD games), so unless GOG's upcoming office means GOG can do the "heavy lifting" (any extra work they couldn't do before while only in Poland) to bring titles like Freddy Pharkas and co., I fear no new titles from Activision any time soon.

I'm also pessimistic of other big-name publishers since we haven't seen anything for many months; it certainly weirds me that now that GOG has grown so much they still have problems bringing big-name titles, even those DRM-free "back in the day".

In any case, here's this again: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_drmfree_minirevolutions

But I congratulate those still doing research rights, and Piranjade for really getting somewhere after so long. :)
Apparently sometime back Microids and Paul Cuisset put up an abandonware site link to Future Wars: Adventures in Time in one of their Kickstarter posts:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1993213058/subject-13-by-paul-cuisset/posts/910195#comments

And I wrote to Robert Cook regarding the game D/Generation and he wrote back:
"I believe the rights have reverted to me after 10 years, but there is little demand to justify porting or even packaging it up. I believe the original MS-DOS binary files are floating around the web and with a proper emulator for DOS / VGA graphics, it should be playable."
(I thought I mentioned this before but it looks like I didn't)

So I guess that's two more games that can be chalked up as truly abandoned? That is, if they even are the proper owners of those games D:
SCPM: And I wrote to Robert Cook regarding the game D/Generation and he wrote back:
"I believe the rights have reverted to me after 10 years, but there is little demand to justify porting or even packaging it up. I believe the original MS-DOS binary files are floating around the web and with a proper emulator for DOS / VGA graphics, it should be playable."

So I guess that's two more games that can be chalked up as truly abandoned? That is, if they even are the proper owners of those games D:
I can't tell if he's aware of DOSBox or not. Sounds like the main problem here is he isn't 100% sure he has the rights, or has any evidence to show that he does?
tfishell: so unless GOG's upcoming office means GOG can do the "heavy lifting" (any extra work they couldn't do before while only in Poland) ...
Isn't that for movies?
SCPM: And I wrote to Robert Cook regarding the game D/Generation and he wrote back:

tfishell: I can't tell if he's aware of DOSBox or not. Sounds like the main problem here is he isn't 100% sure he has the rights, or has any evidence to show that he does?
I mentioned DOSBox to him, as well as the possibility of producing a freeware license if he would like the game to be made officially freeware, but he didn't respond. I'm sure he would know better than most what the original legal arrangements were, but I don't know if he has, or cares to look for, any proof.
tfishell: so unless GOG's upcoming office means GOG can do the "heavy lifting" (any extra work they couldn't do before while only in Poland) ...
Gydion: Isn't that for movies?
Possibly (though extremely disappointing if that's the only reason), but there are lots of game devs and publishers in California.

http://www.gamedevmap.com/index.php?query=los+angeles&Submit=Search
http://www.gamedevmap.com/index.php?tool=location&query=san%20francisco
tfishell: But I congratulate those still doing research rights, and Piranjade for really getting somewhere after so long. :)
*glows*
I still kind of cannot believe it, and now I have to wait for the final confirmation of the current rights holder. And I'm really afraid that they won't answer me. Or don't have any interest in using or selling the Thalion rights.

Sorry, that I'm not giving out details but I'm waiting for a response from Arek about this "last" rights holder.
As soon as everything is sorted out one way or the other I'll tell you the tale of what happened to the Thalion rights.
Post edited September 24, 2014 by Piranjade
SCPM: Their community contact info is here:

keithdrop: Thank you for the contact info. I in fact called them before, a few months ago about SoF, but the person that i spoke with didnt know much of anything useful. About those games you mention, I know that they own Heretic and Hexen, too. id/Zenimax only has publishing rights to Heretic 1 and Hexen 1 and 2. That's why you dont see Heretic 2 or Hexen Portal of Praevus on Steam.
I seem to remember someone saying that there were issues with SoF and 'Soldier of Fortune' magazine, I don't think it was an officially licensed product but the magazine thinks that it SHOULD have been, or something
May have just been crazy stuff that he reckoned though!
I wonder if it would be possible to re-brand it though, like Bohemia did with Operation Flashpoint / ArmA?