It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SCPM: Want Konami games like Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid on GOG? A Konami rep on NeoGAF encourages everyone to contact Konami directly:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=96263221&postcount=1417
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=96264895&postcount=1427
Konami's also got multiple regional accounts on Twitter and Facebook, so let's make our voices heard! They've got a nice library of PC games, after all:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Konami_games#PC
tfishell: Thanks, will definitely send messages of support! :D EDIT: I don't have a NeoGaf account (maybe somebody else can post there), but I sent a message of support on Twitter and Facebook. Unfortunately there only one email address, but I will send a message there, too.
I still have my retail pc copy of the metal gear solid , it runs awesome even on modern systems all you have to make sure is your graphics card is detected or else you would have to play the whole thing in blurry software mode .
Would be awesome if they released game does not even need a fix to run apart from cd checks.

you might want to check out who the actual publisher is , i believe its microsoft
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid
Developer(s) KCEJ (PS)
Digital Dialect (PC)

Publisher(s) Konami (PS)
Microsoft Game Studios (PC)
Post edited January 07, 2014 by liquidsnakehpks
I don't want people to spam 2K Support, but if this is the best way to let 'em know we want Take 2 on GOG, you can tweet them here:

https://twitter.com/2KSupport

(As always, I'm skeptical of how much difference it will make, but it only takes a few seconds to type and send a message.)
I noticed that this Wikipedia entry
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaltech:_Earthsiege]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaltech:_Earthsiege[/url]
says
"Metaltech: Earthsiege is a mecha-style simulation game developed by Dynamix and FASA Corporation"

Which sounds a little odd as it would have been a direct competitor to FASA's own Mech Warrior series
Does anyone know if this is in any way correct and where this info comes from?
If its true it could be bad for and Metaltech games coming here because MS would maybe have a shout in the rights, although maybe the hold up is with whoever Publishes the Tribes games these days - 'Hi-Rez Studios' apparently!

*edit* Just remembered that the Mech Warrior games are part of the 'Battle Tech' universe, I'm pretty damn sure someone's got confused between BattleTech and MetalTech now - unless anyone knows different?

Thanks

Edit again
Hi Rez studios are here
http://www.hirezstudios.com/
I thought maybe someone who has more experience of making contact in these situations might contact then to see if they DO have exclusive rights to the whole MetalTech universe (Earthsiege series became Starsiege series became Tribes series) and if they'd be interested in bringing the old titles to GOG?

Something else:
OK Mobygames says:
"Earthsiege is not a product of FASA's BattleTech universe (as the MechWarrior games are), though the resemblances are too close for legal comfort. "
Post edited January 10, 2014 by Fever_Discordia
Recently I saw the Yendorian Tales series recommended as a favorite 1st person dungeon crawler. I dug around some info and it seems it is a very obscure indie series of Might and Magic clones, and specifically the last two games seem to be universally liked. I found a copy and after some playing, I have to say it seems as fun as everyone says. A nice and simple UI, smooth gameplay and even a full game guide within the game. Considering these games have now done something of a comeback with MMX being released, I think these would be a good addition to GOG.

I've done a bit of research to find the devs, but the company is now defunct. My best lead so far is the comments section of this Youtube video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkqsQm96STA

Someone claims to be one of the creators of this game, but I don't know how to get into contact with him. I don't have an account with Youtube and for some reason have been unable to make one.
RaggieRags: Recently I saw the Yendorian Tales series recommended as a favorite 1st person dungeon crawler.
Wow, that's a new one on me. Not something I get to say often about Rogue-inspired games. Clearly the series title references the Amulet of Yendor. I'll do some digging around and see what I can find on this game. Thanks for pointing it out!
RaggieRags: Recently I saw the Yendorian Tales series recommended as a favorite 1st person dungeon crawler.
IAmSinistar: Wow, that's a new one on me. Not something I get to say often about Rogue-inspired games. Clearly the series title references the Amulet of Yendor. I'll do some digging around and see what I can find on this game. Thanks for pointing it out!
Yes, it came out of left field for me too, I thought I knew every gridder in existence. It's very similar to the Xeen-era Might and Magic. The iPhone dungeon crawler Undercroft has been very clearly been influenced by Yendorians. It works perfectly with Dosbox, you only need to add some cycles or it'll feel sluggish. For someone who has played Xeen and Isles of Terra, it definitely feels like coming back home. I want to do a full playthrough of this.
RaggieRags: Yes, it came out of left field for me too, I thought I knew every gridder in existence. It's very similar to the Xeen-era Might and Magic. The iPhone dungeon crawler Undercroft has been very clearly been influenced by Yendorians. It works perfectly with Dosbox, you only need to add some cycles or it'll feel sluggish. For someone who has played Xeen and Isles of Terra, it definitely feels like coming back home. I want to do a full playthrough of this.
Great information, thanks! And I'd be curious to hear your impressions after your playthrough. That will help me decide how vigourously to go after these games.
RaggieRags: Recently I saw the Yendorian Tales series recommended as a favorite 1st person dungeon crawler. I dug around some info and it seems it is a very obscure indie series of Might and Magic clones, and specifically the last two games seem to be universally liked. I found a copy and after some playing, I have to say it seems as fun as everyone says. A nice and simple UI, smooth gameplay and even a full game guide within the game. Considering these games have now done something of a comeback with MMX being released, I think these would be a good addition to GOG.

I've done a bit of research to find the devs, but the company is now defunct. My best lead so far is the comments section of this Youtube video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkqsQm96STA

Someone claims to be one of the creators of this game, but I don't know how to get into contact with him. I don't have an account with Youtube and for some reason have been unable to make one.
After some quick searching, it would appear that timzydee is Timothy Smith from the credits section of Mobygames. His email address is his username @yahoo.com if you want to try getting in touch.
RaggieRags: Recently I saw the Yendorian Tales series recommended as a favorite 1st person dungeon crawler. I dug around some info and it seems it is a very obscure indie series of Might and Magic clones, and specifically the last two games seem to be universally liked. I found a copy and after some playing, I have to say it seems as fun as everyone says. A nice and simple UI, smooth gameplay and even a full game guide within the game. Considering these games have now done something of a comeback with MMX being released, I think these would be a good addition to GOG.

SCPM: After some quick searching, it would appear that timzydee is Timothy Smith from the credits section of Mobygames. His email address is his username @yahoo.com if you want to try getting in touch.
Thanks! I think I'll try and do that later, once I've played more of the game.

My main fear is that the good people at GOG will take one look at the game, think "GTFO an old shareware game, never even heard of, must be shite" and that will be that. D:
RaggieRags: Yes, it came out of left field for me too, I thought I knew every gridder in existence. It's very similar to the Xeen-era Might and Magic. The iPhone dungeon crawler Undercroft has been very clearly been influenced by Yendorians. It works perfectly with Dosbox, you only need to add some cycles or it'll feel sluggish. For someone who has played Xeen and Isles of Terra, it definitely feels like coming back home. I want to do a full playthrough of this.
IAmSinistar: Great information, thanks! And I'd be curious to hear your impressions after your playthrough. That will help me decide how vigourously to go after these games.
I'll get right on it after I've finished one of my current games. I have an absolute rule not to play more than 3 games max at the same time. That's all my brain can handle. :-) If the rest of the game is as fun as it seems, I'll start my quest full-on.
Post edited February 06, 2014 by RaggieRags
RaggieRags: I'll get right on it after I've finished one of my current games. I have an absolute rule not to play more than 3 games max at the same time. That's all my brain can handle. :-) If the rest of the game is as fun as it seems, I'll start my quest full-on.
I can understand that. I try to keep simultaneous games to a minimum as well. Though I do have a tendency to get about 80-90% of the way through and then pick up something else. Probably a habit left over from the early console games, where I could rarely beat the final level. :)
Well, I've found the rights to several 'lost' games, but I'm not ready to share that information publicly just yet. I sent an e-mail to Arek, hopefully he'll receive it when he wakes up tomorrow. :) But, spurred by my success, I've renewed my efforts and sent off a bunch of new queries:
- Chasm: The Rift - It would appear from information from an old interview with Igor Karev, that the developers don't have the rights anymore. G.T. Interactive was merely the distributor, the publisher was Megamedia Corporation, now closed. I've sent an e-mail to the former CEO, Raaj Menon asking about the situation.
- Heart of Darkness - Found Eric Chahi's e-mail address so I wrote to him. Hopefully, he still reads mails sent to that address.
Other than those, I've written to Konami about Nectaris and the Castlevania & Contra PC compilation, Games Workshop about Hero Quest, and I'm searching through Looking Glass Studios' court dockets for info on Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri. I'm also looking into how to approach Playmates about their old Playmates Interactive Entertainment brand and titles like Powerslave, and for a lead on Hexplore. I wrote to Playmates before, but it was so long ago, nobody seems to know where to look. =\
SCPM: ...
Nice dude, way to keep going!
SCPM: snip
Excellent work there!
SCPM: Well, I've found the rights to several 'lost' games, but I'm not ready to share that information publicly just yet. I sent an e-mail to Arek, hopefully he'll receive it when he wakes up tomorrow. :) But, spurred by my success, I've renewed my efforts and sent off a bunch of new queries:
- Chasm: The Rift - It would appear from information from an old interview with Igor Karev, that the developers don't have the rights anymore. G.T. Interactive was merely the distributor, the publisher was Megamedia Corporation, now closed. I've sent an e-mail to the former CEO, Raaj Menon asking about the situation.
- Heart of Darkness - Found Eric Chahi's e-mail address so I wrote to him. Hopefully, he still reads mails sent to that address.
Other than those, I've written to Konami about Nectaris and the Castlevania & Contra PC compilation, Games Workshop about Hero Quest, and I'm searching through Looking Glass Studios' court dockets for info on Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri. I'm also looking into how to approach Playmates about their old Playmates Interactive Entertainment brand and titles like Powerslave, and for a lead on Hexplore. I wrote to Playmates before, but it was so long ago, nobody seems to know where to look. =\
Nice one!. Keep going going.
I just stumbled on the homepage of Jim Mishel with contact details
He wrote TriTryst for Virgin and mentions Cinemaware...

http://www.mischel.com/