It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fever_Discordia: ...
tfishell: Thanks for the comments (I will be posting those once I make a new list for them) and the PC Gamer article. :)

Here's a few more:

Pushover, from Ocean Software (Infogrames/Atari)
Quarky & Quaysoo's Turbo Science, from Sierra
Rags to Riches - The Financial Market Simulation, from Interplay
Railroad Tycoon Deluxe, from MicroProse
----- (depends if he bought back these rights, or they lie with Atari)
Rampage, from Activision
Rampart, from EA
Ravenloft - Strahds Possession, from Softgold Computerspiele GmbH
----- (now, Softgold was bought by THQ, but maybe GOG could still get this if Wizards of the Coast and Ubisoft made ----- a D&D agreement?)
Red Storm Rising, from Microprose
Return Of The Phantom, from Microprose
Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender-Bender, from Microprose
Rick Dangerous, from Microplay (Microprose label) and Core Design
Rise of the Dragon, from Sierra
Risky Woods, from EA
Again, Rampage and Rampart were licensed home versions of arcade games by Midway and Atari respectively, both of which would have ended up in the Midway liquidation
Hello?
Do you guys always take the weekend off or something?
I don't mean to dominate the thread but I was just looking into the rights of Simon And Schuster Interactive, publishers of Douglas Adams' 'Starship Titanic', I.M. Mean' and others
They may have just been re-absorbed into the main Simon and Schuster book publishing company
They were part of Viacom, which has been spun off from CBS but CBS has kept S&S
Apparently Viacom also owned Virgin Interactive at one point so maybe they took over S&S Interactive when they came on board?
Anyone know?
Does anyone know how to get hold of anybody involved in Culpa Innata? The censored 'US release' is available on GamersGate DRM-free, but the uncut 'UK release' (which as far as I know never actually got physically released) is only available DRM'd from The Adventure Shop. They list the publisher of the uncut version as being Lezard Interactive, but when I wrote to them I got an extremely late reply saying they didn't publish it. Very confusing.
Fever_Discordia: Hello?
I generally just post in this thread when I have updates to report, or when I uncover a promising title to research. So far no progress on my titles, though I did write back to Mev Dinc last night to see if GOG ever got in touch with him. If not, then I'm going to see about shopping First Samurai around to some other vendors.
SirPrimalform: Does anyone know how to get hold of anybody involved in Culpa Innata? The censored 'US release' is available on GamersGate DRM-free, but the uncut 'UK release' (which as far as I know never actually got physically released) is only available DRM'd from The Adventure Shop. They list the publisher of the uncut version as being Lezard Interactive, but when I wrote to them I got an extremely late reply saying they didn't publish it. Very confusing.
Game is also available on Steam with Strategy First as publisher.
SirPrimalform: Does anyone know how to get hold of anybody involved in Culpa Innata? The censored 'US release' is available on GamersGate DRM-free, but the uncut 'UK release' (which as far as I know never actually got physically released) is only available DRM'd from The Adventure Shop. They list the publisher of the uncut version as being Lezard Interactive, but when I wrote to them I got an extremely late reply saying they didn't publish it. Very confusing.
triock: Game is also available on Steam with Strategy First as publisher.
I guess I'll put it on my list under 'Strategy First' then, assuming that in the line
" Turkish novelist Alev Alatli's series of books Schrödinger's Cat, written in 2000 and 2001, inspired Culpa Innata's storyline."
'inspired' means 'in no way officially licensed'
Thanks!
Fever_Discordia: Hello?
I don't mean to dominate the thread but I was just looking into the rights of Simon And Schuster Interactive, publishers of Douglas Adams' 'Starship Titanic', I.M. Mean' and others
They may have just been re-absorbed into the main Simon and Schuster book publishing company
They were part of Viacom, which has been spun off from CBS but CBS has kept S&S
Apparently Viacom also owned Virgin Interactive at one point so maybe they took over S&S Interactive when they came on board?
Anyone know?
As far as I can tell, the Simon and Schuster Interactive brand is still around, and they published some smartphone games a few years ago. You can try contacting the parent company with a query about whether they still have the publishing rights to their games here:
http://www.simonandschuster.com/about/contact_us

I'm going to wait a few more days, then I'm going to try getting in touch again with some of the people who never replied to any of my queries, by different means.
That's the cut version, I never said that was hard to track down. I was only ever talking about the uncut version which was released by a different publisher and is only available DRM'd through the Adventure Shop. I'm trying to track down the publisher/rights of said version to see if it can be released somewhere else.
Post edited September 01, 2013 by SirPrimalform
SirPrimalform: That's the cut version, I never said that was hard to track down. I was only ever talking about the uncut version which was released by a different publisher and is only available DRM'd through the Adventure Shop. I'm trying to track down the publisher/rights of said version to see if it can be released somewhere else.
OK I see the game here
[url=http://eu-adventureshop.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Culpa-Innata-:-Uncut-Version-1198-45.html]http://eu-adventureshop.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Culpa-Innata-:-Uncut-Version-1198-45.html[/url]

and the FAQ for the site says
"Do you use DRM technology like SecuROM and that kind of stuff?

Yes, some games on this site have DRM (Digital Rights Management) software like SecuROM included as an anti-piracy measure. This is done at the request of the game’s publisher. When a game has a DRM then it will have a limit of ‘initial activations’ (normally 5), you can ask for more from our customer support team. There are even some games on this site that are DRM-free. When a game is DRM-free, you’ll see it in the game’s description."

So you're to assume DRM unless it says otherwise, but have you actually checked with them in case its just an oversight?
Fever_Discordia: So you're to assume DRM unless it says otherwise, but have you actually checked with them in case its just an oversight?
No, I was going purely on the fact that it didn't say DRM-free.
As I feared might be the case, GOG is giving a pass on First Samurai. Not enough commercial potential there, and the Amiga version is the superior one (as opposed to the DOS version which would likely be the one they would have to release here). I will still pursue things with Mev and see if he wants to bring it to another vendor. DotEmu strikes me a place that would be a good fit.
IAmSinistar:
GOG wasn't even willing to put it on a low priority list?

Sorry I've been completely useless to this thread, but between school schooling me and the obligatory debilitating health problems I'm barely keeping above water in actual life.

You guys are awesome.
ShadowWulfe: GOG wasn't even willing to put it on a low priority list?
I don't suppose so, but I can understand their logic. It would be better priced as a $2.99 release, and GOG has a minimum they set at $5.99. And the DOS version isn't a good as the Amiga version, so I can understand them not wanting to offer an inferior version. I'm still hopeful another vendor will want to bring it out, as it's a great game. Though even better as a release if some vendor goes the Amiga emulation route.
ShadowWulfe: GOG wasn't even willing to put it on a low priority list?
IAmSinistar: I don't suppose so, but I can understand their logic. It would be better priced as a $2.99 release, and GOG has a minimum they set at $5.99. And the DOS version isn't a good as the Amiga version, so I can understand them not wanting to offer an inferior version. I'm still hopeful another vendor will want to bring it out, as it's a great game. Though even better as a release if some vendor goes the Amiga emulation route.
Lets hope that team that ported Chaos Engine recently do some more Amiga classics too then!
Fever_Discordia: Lets hope that team that ported Chaos Engine recently do some more Amiga classics too then!
Yes indeed, that would be lovely.