Good luck! It would be great to see Dark Seed and IHNMAIMS here!
And I know what you mean about cold-calling someone, I have several phone numbers for some people but I'm considering that to be the last resort.
As for my end:
VectorCell apparently has the rights to Future Wars - Adventures in Time: https://www.facebook.com/LesVoyageursDuTempsLaMenaceFutureWars
- Asked Jerr O'Carrol about Core Design Ltd.
games they published/developed and he wrote back:
"Thanks for the enquiry. Unfortunately, core was owned eventually by eidos, who I guess still own the rights. Core has not shut down, so as far as I know ownership has passed onto them.
Sorry I can't be of more help."
He followed up with:
"Tell you what, if you can't get any joy from eidos, come back to me and I'll ask around. It's been a long time, and to be honest the rights might have reverted to us for all I know!
- I've messaged Nigel Kershaw on Facebook about Daemonsgate
but haven't received a response yet. He's presently working on the new Broken Sword game. Someone with a LinkedIn account can try him here: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/nigel-kershaw/0/b94/266
- Emailed Andy Riedel about the games he's worked on: Alien Legacy
, SpellCraft: Aspects of War
, and Shadow of Yserbius
. But now that I think about it, I'm fairly certain Alien Legacy is with Activision, like all the other Sierra On-Line games. Hopefully, those Sierra games include Thexder
, and Zeliard
, though those rights may in part lie with Game Arts Co.
- Asked Joseph Ybarra via his Kickstarter profile about Alien Legacy
and Shadow of Yserbius
- Sent AdventureSoft an inquiry about selling Elvira 1 and 2
on GOG. They already have Waxworks here (which uses her likeness) and Personal Nightmare, so I hope we'll get to see more of The Sassy Lassie with the Classy Chassis. ;)
- Sent Sony Computer Entertainment an inquiry/suggestion about Psygnosis
- Sent Sega an inquiry about their older PC titles like Alien Syndrome
, Virtua Cop 2
, and The House of the Dead
No other replies to any of my previous e-mails, and haven't found any of the other contacts I was looking for. In addition to the others, right now, I'm looking for contact information for:
- Kevin Mullard of Millennium Interactive
(now of Mullard Consulting)
- Andrew Spencer of Ecastatica
fame. Though, if Psygnosis had the rights to the game, they're with Sony now.
- David Wightman, who made Baldies
, though I think the rights to the game may be with Panasonic (although their game publishing arm is defunct now).
- Gary Morris (full name Gary Arthur Mark Morris) of Reality Studios, who made Cyril Cyberpunk
- Igor Karev, or at least a response from Tatem Games about Chasm: The Rift
. I've tried contacting them by Facebook, Twitter, and email for months now and I never got a response.
I've found a link to Kellyn Beeck (through his co-workers blog), who made Centurion: Defender of Rome
(though the rights may be with EA). http://dougsharp.wordpress.com/2010/07/09/celebrating-the-end-of-18-years-of-work
Sent Marc Albinet of Hexplore
a message on Facebook.
Sent Véronique Salmeron an inquiry about Eternam
, and Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet
via an email on her personal website.
Also found a Facebook page for Carsten Wieland, who made the game Clif Danger
. He has an e-mail address there but it was dead, I'll be messaging him and will see if I get a reply.
Edited for clarity.