It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello, sadly I don't have Linux running pc now, but I have read from the user Hoessi666 in the Talisman: Digital Edtion subforum, that it runs well in Wine:
https://www.gog.com/forum/talisman_digital_edition/talisman_and_linux/page1
Hey there,

I'm trying to run Underrail via adamhm's winewrapper. When I run the .sh I get the following error

bash underrail_wine.sh
UnderRail (Wine wrapper)
Using Proton 4.11-13 (win32 prefix)
Using previously downloaded innoextract-1.8-linux.tar.xz in /home/felix/.cache/winewrap/innoextract
/home/felix/.cache/winewrap/innoextract/innoextract-1.8-linux.tar.xz: OK
Checking for icoutils...
Checking for installer and wrapper resource files...
All files found.
proton-4.11-13.tar.xz: OK
Checking for the lnkread archive...
/home/felix/.cache/winewrap/lnkread-20180903.tar.xz: OK
Checking for the XNA installer...
XNA installer not found, attempting to download...
--2021-02-01 21:49:11-- (magic internet word) download.microsoft.com/download/A/C/2/AC2C903B-E6E8-42C2-9FD7-BEBAC362A930/xnafx40_redist.msi
Resolving download.microsoft.com (download.microsoft.com)... 2a02:26f0:d6:49c::e59, 2a02:26f0:d6:48e::e59, 95.100.208.195
Connecting to download.microsoft.com (download.microsoft. com)|2a02:26f0:d6:49c::e59|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2021-02-01 21:49:11 ERROR 404: Not Found.

An error occurred downloading the XNA installer
rm: cannot remove '/home/felix/.cache/winetricks/xna40/xnafx40_redist.msi': No such file or directory

this page won't let me post any links, including those from the terminal output, so I changed the https in the text.
Thanks

Update: I solved the issue by installing winetricks and running winetricks -q xnq40 in the terminal.
Post edited February 01, 2021 by Joe_parmaggio
low rated
oh i thought linux is perfect , wonder why did they lie to me :(
This is probably due to Microsoft very recently removing legacy files from their website. You can try installing the game yourself and using WineHQ as a guide to get the game running. Although I don't expect winetricks commands to work until an update comes.
Orkhepaj: oh i thought linux is perfect , wonder why did they lie to me :(
life comes at you hard
Did anyone manage to run The Bard's Tale (2004) in Wine successfully? I know there is a native version, but it's buggy.

When running in Wine, it's getting these errors:

winegstreamer: error: decodebin0: ../gst/playback/gstdecodebin2.c(4719): gst_decode_bin_expose (): /GstBin:bin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0:
no suitable plugins found:
Missing decoder: Windows Media Video 9 Screen (video/x-wmv, wmvversion=(int)3, format=(string)WMV3, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, codec_data=(buffer)4ff11a01, framerate=(fraction)10000000/333667)
Missing decoder: Windows Media Audio 9 (audio/x-wma, wmaversion=(int)3, bitrate=(int)191304, depth=(int)24, rate=(int)44100, channels=(int)2, block_align=(int)8917, codec_data=(buffer)1800030000000000000000000000e0000000)
Can anything be done to provide wma/wmv codecs support? I wish games wouldn't use these junk codecs.
Post edited February 26, 2021 by shmerl
Can you get lost from this thread? People don't need to waste time reading trolling posts here.
Post edited February 26, 2021 by shmerl
shmerl: Did anyone manage to run The Bard's Tale (2004) in Wine successfully? I know there is a native version, but it's buggy.

winegstreamer: error: decodebin0: ../gst/playback/gstdecodebin2.c(4719): gst_decode_bin_expose (): /GstBin:bin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0:
Missing decoder: Windows Media Video 9 Screen (video/x-wmv, wmvversion=(int)3, format=(string)WMV3, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, codec_data=(buffer)4ff11a01, framerate=(fraction)10000000/333667)
Missing decoder: Windows Media Audio 9 (audio/x-wma, wmaversion=(int)3, bitrate=(int)191304, depth=(int)24, rate=(int)44100, channels=(int)2, block_align=(int)8917, codec_data=(buffer)1800030000000000000000000000e0000000)
shmerl: Can anything be done to provide wma/wmv codecs support? I wish games wouldn't use these junk codecs.
It appears that the log says it's missing 2 codecs, Windows Media Video 9 Screen and Windows Media Audio 9. As I don't have the game, I can't properly test it.
But I found this article:
https://fitzcarraldoblog.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/how-to-play-mss2-codec-windows-media-video-9-screen-wmv-files-in-64-bit-linux/
It's from 10 years ago, but it was the most solid info I could find, so maybe it's worth a shot.
_Auster_: It appears that the log says it's missing 2 codecs, Windows Media Video 9 Screen and Windows Media Audio 9. As I don't have the game, I can't properly test it.
https://fitzcarraldoblog.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/how-to-play-mss2-codec-windows-media-video-9-screen-wmv-files-in-64-bit-linux/
It's from 10 years ago, but it was the most solid info I could find, so maybe it's worth a shot.
That's just about playing the files, any regular mpv can do that. It doesn't really help running a game in Wine.
_Auster_: It appears that the log says it's missing 2 codecs, Windows Media Video 9 Screen and Windows Media Audio 9. As I don't have the game, I can't properly test it.
shmerl: That's just about playing the files, any regular mpv can do that. It doesn't really help running a game in Wine.
If I remember correctly, FInal Fantasy Type-0 directly on Windows was rendered near unplayable for quite a while thanks to Microsoft removing a codec the fmvs used in a Windows update. So, from my understanding, codecs are needed in some games as well.
Also, if that doesn't work, another thing you could try is changing wine's windows version (type winecfg in the terminal and change the version from the dropdown field in the applications tab)
low rated
shmerl: Can you get lost from this thread? People don't need to waste time reading trolling posts here.
trolling? isn't linux gaming is trolling? claiming how good it is and then in other threads talk about all the problems?
if people don't want to waste time they wouldn't use linux for gaming
Orkhepaj:
This thread is for solving the problems, not discussing the pros and cons versus non-Linux. It is not like all games play perfectly on all Windows PCs either.

Come back if you want to talk about how to make your experience better on Linux. You said you tried it, which a lot of Windows users never do, so any particular things not working to your liking?
shmerl: Did anyone manage to run The Bard's Tale (2004) in Wine successfully? I know there is a native version, but it's buggy.

shmerl: Can anything be done to provide wma/wmv codecs support? I wish games wouldn't use these junk codecs.
what gstreamer plugins do you have installed ? iirc gstreamer has wmv support via the gst-libav plugin, but might also be in gst-bad or gst-ugly package.
another thing to try: try install lavfilters via winetricks
low rated
Orkhepaj:
Themken: This thread is for solving the problems, not discussing the pros and cons versus non-Linux. It is not like all games play perfectly on all Windows PCs either.

Come back if you want to talk about how to make your experience better on Linux. You said you tried it, which a lot of Windows users never do, so any particular things not working to your liking?
fe lutris or the others should check if everything is installed they need , why did i need to install a lot of dependencies? makes no sense
then they should just run the best settings for a game and I shouldnt need to go to protondb to search for a setting
installing outside of stores should be easier , just select a source folder and then give me a wine env for the destination easy peasy
steam shouldnt have lame hidden "bugs" when I add previously installed game from my win10 ntfs partition , took me 1-2 hours to find out wth is its problem
then when i ran fallout 76 it ran very poorly i don't know why, should i need another gpu driver or what? I had the basic driver for amd manjaro comes with, i cant think any other thing why it is so slow, most instructions about linux gaming is hard to see if outdated or not

oh and lutris is buggy or something as it many times just hangs
Post edited February 26, 2021 by Orkhepaj
shmerl: Can you get lost from this thread? People don't need to waste time reading trolling posts here.
Here is my uBlock Origin anti-troll custom filter:
www.gog.com##.post_list_space
www.gog.com##.small_post
Sadly it does not prevent to see troll posts a first time, but then the "downvote" button acts as a "hide this post" button. I use it instead of the "reply" one on obvious trolls ;)