It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

vv221: If the performance issues I get are related to this WINE bug, it would only affect The Legend, using WINE ≥ 2.11.
That’s what I’m trying to learn by gathering feedback, as for now I’m not absolutely sure this is indeed this bug I experienced.
Best thing would be to compile current Wine with that hack. That would tell you if that's the only problem current Wine has with it. Looks like there was a minor refactor and it doesn't apply directly, but presumably the following would do it with current git:
---
dlls/wined3d/resource.c | 5 -----
1 file changed, 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/dlls/wined3d/resource.c b/dlls/wined3d/resource.c
index bbb892b328..d7eb077531 100644
--- a/dlls/wined3d/resource.c
+++ b/dlls/wined3d/resource.c
@@ -337,11 +337,6 @@ static DWORD wined3d_resource_sanitise_map_flags(const struct wined3d_resource *
}
else if (flags & (WINED3D_MAP_DISCARD | WINED3D_MAP_NOOVERWRITE))
{
- if (!(resource->usage & WINED3DUSAGE_DYNAMIC))
- {
- WARN("DISCARD or NOOVERWRITE map on non-dynamic buffer, ignoring.\n");
- return flags & (WINED3D_MAP_READ | WINED3D_MAP_WRITE);
- }
if ((flags & (WINED3D_MAP_DISCARD | WINED3D_MAP_NOOVERWRITE))
== (WINED3D_MAP_DISCARD | WINED3D_MAP_NOOVERWRITE))
{
--
Post edited February 21, 2020 by Gydion
dtgreene: Game: Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls
Version: 1.0.5 (initial release)
Installer MD5: 06a181abfc4cda79585010c253adab36
WiheHQ AppDB Link: None (game was *just* released)
Wine version: wine-4.0 (Debian 4.0-2)
Thanks for testing this. It's a game I'm interested in getting myself at some point. It won't be added as prefixes with random and unknown overrides is not kosher. Additionally, a recent Wine version should be used (barring bugs). Stable was on wine-4.0.3 at the time. Conveniently, the stable branch has moved wine-5.0 in the meantime.
If you decide to retest, do use current stable/devel/staging version of Wine. Additionally, the adamhm style does need the use of bold tags, thanks. E.G.:
Game:
Version:
Installer MD5:
WiheHQ AppDB Link:
Post edited February 21, 2020 by Gydion
dtgreene: Game: Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls
Version: 1.0.5 (initial release)
Installer MD5: 06a181abfc4cda79585010c253adab36
WiheHQ AppDB Link: None (game was *just* released)
Wine version: wine-4.0 (Debian 4.0-2)
Gydion: Thanks for testing this. It's a game I'm interested in getting myself at some point. It won't be added as prefixes with random and unknown overrides is not kosher. Additionally, a recent Wine version should be used (barring bugs). Stable was on wine-4.0.3 at the time. Conveniently, the stable branch has moved wine-5.0 in the meantime.
If you decide to retest, do use current stable/devel/staging version of Wine. Additionally, the adamhm style does need the use of bold tags, thanks. E.G.:

Game:
Version:
Installer MD5:
WiheHQ AppDB Link:
Gydion:
The reason I used that particular version of WINE is that it's the version currently in Debian Stable, so we can expect that particular version to stick around for a while.
Game: Soldier of Fortune: Platinum Edition
Version: 1.07F
Installer MD5: dde11d6537dd1eca35cc4f053565aed8

Distro: Manjaro 19.0.0
DE: Xfce 4.14
Kernel: 5.4.18-1-MANJARO
Graphics card: RX Vega 56
Wine version: 5.0
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=405

How does it run: Almost perfect. I've finished half the game so far. It has crashed 2-3 times, but the gameplay is nice and stable with no slowdown or other artifacts.

Details: You need to set gl_gentextures_broken to "1" in config.cfg, or else the graphics will have lots of corrupted and missing textures.
Post edited February 21, 2020 by Random_Coffee
Random_Coffee: Game: Soldier of Fortune: Platinum Edition
Thanks. I take it GOG already has the fix for the too long GL extension string?

dtgreene: The reason I used that particular version of WINE is that it's the version currently in Debian Stable, so we can expect that particular version to stick around for a while.
Shrug, I can easily find 1.6.2 without looking hard. You only get about a year out of the Stable branch with Wine's new release cycle. Official packages are readily available. It's not like the game was not platinum under 4.0 and in fact seems improved in more recent versions.
Post edited February 29, 2020 by Gydion
Random_Coffee: Game: Soldier of Fortune: Platinum Edition
Gydion: Thanks. I take it GOG already has the fix for the too long GL extension string?
I don't know anything about that, but I didn't have to change anything about it myself, so I guess it's all good now.
Gydion: Thanks. I take it GOG already has the fix for the too long GL extension string?
Random_Coffee: I don't know anything about that, but I didn't have to change anything about it myself, so I guess it's all good now.
Common bug with some id Tech engine games. Just double checking you didn't work around it yourself.
The Quest runs fine for me, except that the game seems to be a CPU hog, making my desktop overheat and throttle and using up battery on my laptop.
Hello, has anyone tried the remake/remaster of XIII?
It's currently on sale.
vv221: Trying King's Bounty: The Legend on WINE 5.0 I get very poor performances, cf. bug report on ./play.it issues tracker.

Anyone here has some experience to share with this game and WINE?
KB games engine don't work correctly on AMD cards, very poor performance.
I seem to recall reading somewhere that it has the same problems on Linux.
Klumpen0815: Hello, has anyone tried the remake/remaster of XIII?
It's currently on sale.
Haven't tried it yet, but IIRC Adam has a wrapper for it, so it should work fine. Excellent game by the way.
Klumpen0815: Hello, has anyone tried the remake/remaster of XIII?
It's currently on sale.
Random_Coffee: Haven't tried it yet, but IIRC Adam has a wrapper for it, so it should work fine. Excellent game by the way.
His wrapper was for the old version which was on GOG years ago but then was removed.
Did he change it for the remake version?
Post edited March 05, 2020 by Klumpen0815
Random_Coffee: Haven't tried it yet, but IIRC Adam has a wrapper for it, so it should work fine. Excellent game by the way.
Klumpen0815: His wrapper was for the old version which was on GOG years ago but then was removed.
Did he change it for the remake version?
The game on sale now is the original old version. The remake isn't released yet.
Random_Coffee: The game on sale now is the original old version. The remake isn't released yet.
Oh, I didn't know that.
Trying to get Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos to work. Keep getting error messages that a suitable 32bit GST mpeg-1 level 3 decoder is needed. No matter what I install, the voices in game are silent :-( The voice files are in .wav format. A bit sad now and kind of out of ideas.

Also, first person PoV in Mount & Blade is broken and has been for half a year at least on the latest Wine development releases. Trying it instantly freezes the picture for me and it starts moving again when I change back. It is seldom needed thankfully but some players probably prefer it to third person PoV.