It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gekko_Dekko: And if you've meant firejail - iirc it actually uses bubblewrap for sandboxing purposes
i'm pretty sure it does not. Flatpak uses bubblewrap for its sandboxing.
Firejail is a separate project.

firejail always launches in a separate PID namespace, meaning the process does not have access to any other processes you have running.
using the parameter "--net=none" the process will use a separate network namespace, where no network interface is configured. ie. forbidding network access to anything.
using "--private=${HOME}/games/xxxx" will mount the given directory ontop of your home directory, so the process can't read or write anything to your ${HOME}. Instead it treats "${HOME}/games/xxxx" as its home directory.

is that the sort of locking down that you are looking for ?
immi101: firejail always launches in a separate PID namespace, meaning the process does not have access to any other processes you have running.
Not if you use the --join option.
immi101: is that the sort of locking down that you are looking for ?
yeah, kinda. Hide other processes, username of current user and name of host, block internet access (or restrict it to certain interface. Say, allow only eth0). Hide every directory except ones that necessary to work (/usr/lib and such. Everything that isnt allowed directly is forbidden). Allow application to only write stuff into its config/savefile folders
Post edited July 30, 2019 by Gekko_Dekko
Game: Rusty Lake Hotel
Version: GOG v.1
Installer MD5: a6121ae5cd353c8e86342e7b45cef9b4 - setup_rusty_lake_hotel_gog-1_(30681).exe

Distro: Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa 64-bit MATE
Kernel version: 4.15.0-55-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
Wine version(s) tested: 4.10 staging
WineHQ AppDB link: none

Install notes: Installs correctly, except 4 traditional runtime errors ending GOG installer (however the final result is "installation successful"). No errors, nor warnings in game itself. No libraries needed.
How well does it run: Perfect. No issues. The game has been completed.
Details: I'm using budget laptop with Intel Pentium CPU 3550M 2×2.30GHz + integrated Intel HD Graphics on board.
eiii: Has anyone tried Dungeon Rats with Wine? Is the WineHQ entry correct which reports that the game has minor graphical glitches, but is well playable otherwise?
Probably too late and probably my answer add nothing, as I'm the one who made that Wine HQ report, but - yes, sure, the game is perfectly playable on Linux, small issues does not affect overall experience and I can definitely recommend the game, I really liked it, smart and challenging.
djoxyk: yes, it works in wine.
Thanks for confirmation!

ciemnogrodzianin: Probably too late and probably my answer add nothing, as I'm the one who made that Wine HQ report, but - yes, sure, the game is perfectly playable on Linux, small issues does not affect overall experience and I can definitely recommend the game, I really liked it, smart and challenging.
The game is still on GOG, so it's not too late. Thanks! I'll add it to my wishlist, waiting for a good sale. The only part which scares me is the "challenging". :P
Post edited August 04, 2019 by eiii
I still want to know about Bloodstained.
eiii: The only part which scares me is the "challenging". :P
well, that's challenging if you're not some hardcore strategy gamer. the game has limitation for healing and enemies can deal more damage than you can heal. I'd suggest you to watch some walkthroughs to get an idea if it's for you. If you played previous title - Age of Decadence - you'll find it very similar to Dungeon Rats (the key difference is party based game vs solo).
dtgreene: I still want to know about Bloodstained.
According to youtube videos, it does work in Linux, some users reported issues with an Nvidia GPU see here: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues/1099
checked winedb recently and found that somebody has managed to finally run xanadu next under wine: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=40643

Can anybody there confirm it? Im currently unable to check by myself
Game: Rusty Lake Roots
Installer MD5: dae526768d941d55dc80700cc4d3a678 - setup_rusty_lake_roots_gog-1_(30681).exe

Install notes: Installs correctly, except 4 traditional runtime errors ending GOG installer (however the final result is "installation successful"). No errors, nor warnings in game itself. No libraries needed.
Details: I'm using budget laptop with Intel Pentium CPU 3550M 2×2.30GHz + integrated Intel HD Graphics on board.
Game: Rusty Lake Paradise
Installer MD5: 5ff0a14bcc068232cb9948987474b503 – setup_rusty_lake_paradise_gog-1_(30704).exe

How do you install a game with multiple installers? When I try to use innoextract for a .bin file it returns with an error, same thing happens when I use wine.
Fereos847: When I try to use innoextract for a .bin file it returns with an error, same thing happens when I use wine.
Just use the exe file.
Fereos847: When I try to use innoextract for a .bin file it returns with an error, same thing happens when I use wine.
igrok: Just use the exe file.
How exactly do I do that? Is it part of the install setup?