It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gydion: Also, one would think you would want to use a hex editor or something, and not a text editor? I suppose if TextEdit actually works though...
I'm sure there are far better ways to hack the .dll/.exe files, but opening them up in a text editor works and it's the quickest way to do so, especially since TextEdit is included by default in OS X...
rampancy: I'm sure there are far better ways to hack the .dll/.exe files, but opening them up in a text editor works and it's the quickest way to do so, especially since TextEdit is included by default in OS X...
Hmm, hexdump and xxd by default? Text editor's typically like to mangle binary files or else choke on them. TextEdit on the other hand apparently works? So, I would change it from "in a text editor" to "in TextEdit". E.G. on Linux bbe seems like a good tool to use.

Also, was that not the correct AppDB link or...
rampancy: I'm sure there are far better ways to hack the .dll/.exe files, but opening them up in a text editor works and it's the quickest way to do so, especially since TextEdit is included by default in OS X...
Gydion: Hmm, hexdump and xxd by default? Text editor's typically like to mangle binary files or else choke on them. TextEdit on the other hand apparently works? So, I would change it from "in a text editor" to "in TextEdit". E.G. on Linux bbe seems like a good tool to use.

Also, was that not the correct AppDB link or...
Thanks, I've updated my post accordingly, including the AppDB link I forgot to include. ;)
Game: Dreambreak
Installer MD5s:
166aba3525549fbf3f62e7bba8ec10f7 setup_dreambreak_2.0.0.2.exe

WineHQ AppDB link: GOG
CodeWeavers link: none

Kernel: 4.4.0-31-generic x86_64 (64 bit)
Desktop: MATE 1.12.1
Distro: Ubuntu 16.04 xenial
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA GT215 [GeForce GT 240]
Display Server: X.Org 1.18.3 drivers: nvidia (unloaded: fbdev,vesa,nouveau)

GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 304.131

Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.13 via PlayOnLinux

Runs perfectly, except I die way to easy :P
Post edited July 25, 2016 by te_lanus
rampancy: 40764.
This bug is fixed in Wine 1.9.15.
Game: Spellforce: Platinum Edition
Installer MD5s:
ca673fe89bcb403ae5694a9e1b5297cb setup_spellforce_platinum_2.0.0.8.exe
bdc4df357197167c81271a7c40bc9901 setup_spellforce_platinum_2.0.0.8-1.bin
22967f2096cea56f3d9fbf571a95a021 setup_spellforce_platinum_2.0.0.8-2.bin

WineHQ AppDB link: GOG

Kernel: 4.4.0-31-generic x86_64 (64 bit)
Desktop: MATE 1.12.1
Distro: Ubuntu 16.04 xenial
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA GT215 [GeForce GT 240]
Display Server: X.Org 1.18.3 drivers: nvidia (unloaded: fbdev,vesa,nouveau)

GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 304.131

Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.15 via PlayOnLinux

Runs great, just now and then there will be a black "spike"/triangle somewhere on the screen, but it last so long that it is noticed and then gone, beyond being a slight annoyance it doesn't hamper gameplay at all
Game: Saints Row 2
Installer MD5s:
7ef2c0eb586d5ff1cfb34d515509bc92 setup_saints_row2_2.1.0.5-1.bin
9804891ae32390a0d45c2b172b2c3a22 setup_saints_row2_2.1.0.5-2.bin
ab520cb36e4ab0aa2e2a8cf413200c48 setup_saints_row2_2.1.0.5.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=10149

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-72
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 381.09
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 2.0

Install notes: Requires xact
Run the game from/create a shortcut for "SR2_pc.exe"
How well does it run: Perfect
Details: Have done a full playthrough using a previous version of Wine with no issues, seems to work a little better with this version (better framerates/smoother gameplay). Some performance issues but this seems to be the game's fault rather than Wine considering it has the same kind of issues on Windows and with VP's EON-wrapped Linux release on Steam. This actually runs a lot better in Wine than the official Linux release, as it does not have the radio music playback & graphics issues that the official Linux release has (plus, as an added bonus it needs about 3GB less disk space). Tested with virtual desktop and CSMT enabled.

Wine wrapper
I have put together a Linux Wine wrapper for this game. For more information, see the release thread in the game's forum: https://www.gog.com/forum/saints_row_series/saints_row_2_for_linux
Post edited April 20, 2017 by adamhm
"Game": Morrowind Construction Set
OS: debian chroot, gentoo host, kernel version 4.4.3-gentoo
Wine version wine-1.8.3
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670
GPU: Intel HD 4600 (but I don't expect this program to work)

How well does it run: One workaround needed
Details: The save dialog doesn't work properly; you can name the file, but the program will silently fail to save. The workaround is to turn on autosave, wait until the program autosaves, and then rename (or copy) the auto save file to something with the .esp extension. Then, choose Data Files from the File menu again, and then select the .esp file you just created as the primary file. After that point, the save feature will work properly.

Edit, I believe this install has the "directsound" winetrick (or something like that) installed, but I don't think that should affect the construction set, since I don't think it uses audio at all.
Post edited July 25, 2016 by dtgreene
Game: Konung: Legend of the North (Part of Konung 1 + 2)

Installer MD5s: setup_konung_2.0.0.2.exe = 756fd707167bdb1734be72491d4de865

WineHQ AppDB link: n/a
CodeWeavers link: n/a

Distro: Mac OS X El Capitain 10.11.6
Kernel version: Darwin 15.6.0 (Build 15G31)
Graphics card: Intel HD 5000 Graphics
Graphics driver & version: OS Default
Wine version(s) tested: wine-staging 1.9.14 / WINE 1.9.15 via winetricks

Install notes:
- After finishing the installation, install the following in winetricks (in order):
msxml3
wmp9

- Afterward, install the Indeo Video codecs from this site: http://www.free-codecs.com/indeo_codec_download.htm (Be sure to specific a custom installation and disable the web browser plugin).

- Then install dirac, devenum and quartz in winetricks, and set ddr=gdi

- Afterward, go the game's base directory and change the name of the file winmm.dll, to win32.dll; within the files PLAYAVI.DLL, KONUNG.EXE, LAN_KONG.EXE and TUTORIAL.EXE, change all mentions of "winmm.dll" to "win32.dll" (I used TextEdit in OS X). Be sure to enable the Native Mac Driver, too.

How well does it run: Perfectly, so far. I've played through the tutorial and the beginning act and have encountered no problems.

Details:
Installing msxml3 and wmp9 help clear up installation issues with the Indeo Video codecs. Editing winmm.dll gets around earlier mentioned bugs with winmm in various GOG games.
Post edited July 25, 2016 by rampancy
Game: Konung 2: Blood of Titans (Part of Konung 1 + 2)

Installer MD5s: setup_konung2_2.0.0.3.exe = e29ff5e4b7e86225ab68813954be0c32

WineHQ AppDB link: n/a
CodeWeavers link: n/a

Distro: Mac OS X El Capitain 10.11.6
Kernel version: Darwin 15.6.0 (Build 15G31)
Graphics card: Intel HD 5000 Graphics
Graphics driver & version: OS Default
Wine version(s) tested: wine-staging 1.9.14 / WINE 1.9.15 via winetricks

Install notes:
- After finishing the installation, install the following in winetricks (in order):
msxml3
wmp9

- Afterward, install the Indeo Video codecs from this site: http://www.free-codecs.com/indeo_codec_download.htm (Be sure to specific a custom installation and disable the web browser plugin).

- Then install devenum and quartz in winetricks, and set ddr=gdi

How well does it run: Perfectly, so far. I've played through the tutorial and the beginning act and have encountered no problems.

Details:
Installing msxml3 and wmp9 help clear up installation issues with the Indeo Video codecs.
rampancy: Install notes:
msxml3
wmp9

- Then install devenum and quartz in winetricks, and set ddr=gdi
did you try installing the indeo codecs via winetricks? might be easier :)
winetricks icodecs

winetricks misses the indeo3 codec though, so you may very well need that installer that you linked (depending on what codec the game actually needs).

you can also extract the codec installer by hand with cabextract & unshield. I recall I found that easier than fighting with this particular installer. and at least for indeo3 installing simply means to copy the file into system32/ and uncomment it in system.ini
immi101: did you try installing the indeo codecs via winetricks? might be easier :)
winetricks icodecs

winetricks misses the indeo3 codec though, so you may very well need that installer that you linked (depending on what codec the game actually needs).

you can also extract the codec installer by hand with cabextract & unshield. I recall I found that easier than fighting with this particular installer. and at least for indeo3 installing simply means to copy the file into system32/ and uncomment it in system.ini
Oh, I'm aware you can install icodecs in winetricks, but from what I understand it only installs 5.11; IIRC Konung 1 and 2 require version 4.x and may even require some components of version 3.x and 2.x. I tried to specify only installing the version 5 codecs and components, and the game's intro cutscenes still didn't work.

If you've got a better way to install the required codecs, by all means be my guest! :)
Post edited July 25, 2016 by rampancy
immi101: did you try installing the indeo codecs via winetricks? might be easier :)
winetricks icodecs

rampancy: Oh, I'm aware you can install icodecs in winetricks, but from what I understand it only installs 5.11; IIRC Konung 1 and 2 require version 4.x and may even require some components of version 3.x and 2.x. I tried to specify only installing the version 5 codecs and components, and the game's intro cutscenes still didn't work.

If you've got a better way to install the required codecs, by all means be my guest! :)
ok, I never ran into indeo4. I only once ran into the problem that winetricks doesn't provide indeo3, which forced me to use that same installer that you posted.

i mainly just posted in case you didn't know about (or didn't try) installing icodecs with winetricks.
Whether installing the codecs with the installer (like you posted) or manually extracting them works better for you is probably a matter of personal preference :). I usually prefer the latter since it is less error prone and easier scriptable.

just for the record, extracting the setup is simple:

cabextract iv5setup.exe
unshield x Disk1/data1.cab

that gives you a bunch of directories with the various indeo codecs
for indeo3: just copy ir32_32.dll into $(WINEPREFIX)/drive_c/windows/system32, then open $(WINEPREFIX)/drive_c/windows/system.ini and uncomment the lines mentioning ir32_32.dll by removing the leading semicolon.

since the latter versions are DirectShow codecs you probably just have to copy them into the system32/ directory and register them with regsvr32 (ie. wine regsvr32 ir41_32.ax).
though I don't have anything here to actually test that ;).
Maybe that way works without those additional winetricks, maybe it doesn't ...
immi101: ...
Oops, I made a mistake; I checked the requirements for Konung in the readme, and it needs Indeo 5.06. Oddly enough though, when using winetricks icodecs, the cutscenes wouldn't play. It would only work if I used the installer I linked to earlier.
dtgreene: "Game": Morrowind Construction Set
OS: debian chroot, gentoo host, kernel version 4.4.3-gentoo
Preferred post format is seen here. Debian chroot is particularly unspecific.
The entry should also include the AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=20197
dtgreene: GPU: Intel HD 4600 (but I don't expect this program to work)
$ inxi -SG
Not sure how well that works from a chroot, but driver info should also be included.
dtgreene: Edit, I believe this install has the "directsound" winetrick (or something like that) installed, but I don't think that should affect the construction set, since I don't think it uses audio at all.
Appreciate it if you could retest in a clean prefix, thanks.