It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As for thread's theme:
Settlers 2: 10th anniversary works, but has HUGE perfomance issues. I mean - it runs with like 5 fps on dedicated gpu
Random_Coffee: My WINE-version is 3.4.
Gekko_Dekko: I think, thats the problem. 3.4 is WAY old version of wine (Im currently on 3.9, while latest is 3.11). As for 3.8, game ran perfectly fine (but I didnt play much - its one of games, that didnt age well and look kinda ugly on FHD)
The WINE included in the Linux-wrapper is WINE 1.8.1 though, and that is tested to work with the game. WINE 3.4 is also the latest version in the Manjaro repository, so that's what I can use.
Random_Coffee: WINE 3.4 is also the latest version in the Manjaro repository, so that's what I can use.
Plus, it's not THAT old. There's a new Wine release roughly every two weeks, and 3.4 in particular came out in mid-March.

There can always be regressions, though...
Gekko_Dekko: I think, thats the problem. 3.4 is WAY old version of wine (Im currently on 3.9, while latest is 3.11). As for 3.8, game ran perfectly fine (but I didnt play much - its one of games, that didnt age well and look kinda ugly on FHD)
Random_Coffee: The WINE included in the Linux-wrapper is WINE 1.8.1 though, and that is tested to work with the game. WINE 3.4 is also the latest version in the Manjaro repository, so that's what I can use.
Current stable version of Wine is 3.0.1, that "WAY old" 3.4 is a development version from March.
Random_Coffee: WINE 3.4 is also the latest version in the Manjaro repository
did you try to -Syu? latest version of wine in manjaro stable is 3.9. In testing, probably, its 3.10, since arch stable has it
Gekko_Dekko: did you try to -Syu? latest version of wine in manjaro stable is 3.9. In testing, probably, its 3.10, since arch stable has it
It's 3.11 in Arch already, both stable and testing.
Gekko_Dekko: did you try to -Syu? latest version of wine in manjaro stable is 3.9. In testing, probably, its 3.10, since arch stable has it
muntdefems: It's 3.11 in Arch already, both stable and testing.
thanks, used to check few days ago. Even better at this point
Gekko_Dekko: As for thread's theme:
Settlers 2: 10th anniversary works, but has HUGE perfomance issues. I mean - it runs with like 5 fps on dedicated gpu
I ran that with WINE several years ago, with (almost) zero issues with all settings on max. R9 280x. Every once in a while, a knight would disappear, at least visually, but would still actually be there, so it didn't affect the game.
Gekko_Dekko: As for thread's theme:
Are you just checking if the games are platinum?

Try with winetricks csmt=off. AppDB page is linked against the bug regarding the issue. "...performance regression appears to be synchronization with CS thread in DrawPrimitiveUP() calls."
Post edited June 28, 2018 by Gydion
Random_Coffee: I am struggling to get Septerra Core running properly, despite it having a WINE-wrapper and being platinum-rated on the appdb. Has anyone here gotten it running successfully? Details in this thread. I just can't figure out what the problem is..
Gekko_Dekko: did you use wrapper, or installed manually? What s your wine version? Did you use clear wineprefix and, if yes - was it 32 or 64 bit? Did you install anything into this prefix? (like directx) Do you use wine's virtual desktop option? (for me, it solve lots of issues)
Well. I installed Fedora last night on one of my drives, and the game runs flawlessly now! Perhaps I can finally play my other WINE-wrapped TopWare-games that didn't work earlier too now (Enclave, Two Worlds, and the Steam-version of Earth 2160). Not much of a solution for those wanting to play this on Manjaro of course, but I'm just glad I finally got it working..
Post edited June 30, 2018 by Random_Coffee
I'd be interested to know how Red Faction Guerilla runs in WINE.
Random_Coffee: I'd be interested to know how Red Faction Guerilla runs in WINE.
You're not alone :D

I'm really interested to see how it performs / if it runs under DXVK.
Random_Coffee: I'd be interested to know how Red Faction Guerilla runs in WINE.
Ganni1987: You're not alone :D

I'm really interested to see how it performs / if it runs under DXVK.
Yup, heard many good things about that entry in the series. Been wanting to play it, and this seems like a appropriate time :) I also wonder if the multiplayer relies on Galaxy.
An interesting small game En Garde! works in Wine+dxvk with some glitches.
Post edited July 04, 2018 by shmerl
Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece works with dx9 installed