It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Klumpen0815: Game: Tender Loving Care
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.6.2 / Wine 1.8.7 / Wine 2.0
Gydion: Is that supposed to be 2.0.1 (current Stable) or are you actually using the 2.0 release?
Ask eiii:
Gydion: Last, and most important, Wine 1.6.2 is ancient (over two years out of date). From the sub-forum thread I believe you have current Wine versions installed. It would be great if you could test with one of them and see if everything still appears to works, including if the --disable-gpu is still needed. Thanks!
eiii: I've played through the game with Wine 1.8.7 without problems. It also works with Wine 2.0, but I've not used that version for too long. The option --disable-gpu is still required with both Wine versions.
Gydion: In which case the AppDB link is wrong. I would consider the Black Edition to only be a different version, e.g.: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=16323 works for me.
I've fixed the relevant entries. As always, thank you for your feedback.

Gydion: It's been some time since I played, not via Wine either, but does it always hang and editing what/where?
My apologies for the typo. It's supposed to say, "exiting", not editing (which I have also fixed). The hang occurs for me when you hit "x" to exit the game.
Did anyone try Vikings - Wolves of Midgard in Wine? What engine does it use?
Post edited July 03, 2017 by shmerl
Klumpen0815: Game: Tender Loving Care
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.6.2 / Wine 1.8.7 / Wine 2.0
Klumpen0815:
Gydion: Is that supposed to be 2.0.1 (current Stable) or are you actually using the 2.0 release?
Klumpen0815: Ask eiii:...
Oh, I see. It doesn't work like that. You should only be reporting for a version you tested and not what you heard someone else was using. I'm not a fan of multiple versions listed to begin with. I'm interested in the primary version someone tested with, e.g. 3 hours with version X vs 3 minutes with version Y.
In your case I was assuming you quite possibly had close to equal amount of testing with different versions given you started with 1.6.2 then switched. At least I was presuming you switched. Test results with 1.6.2 (actually 3 years out of date) are uninteresting without a valid reason.
It's fine, & at times useful, to mention down in the Details/Notes that specific Wine build Z seems to run well or this person had good luck with version K.
Klumpen0815: Ask eiii:...
Gydion: Oh, I see. It doesn't work like that. You should only be reporting for a version you tested and not what you heard someone else was using. I'm not a fan of multiple versions listed to begin with. I'm interested in the primary version someone tested with, e.g. 3 hours with version X vs 3 minutes with version Y.
In your case I was assuming you quite possibly had close to equal amount of testing with different versions given you started with 1.6.2 then switched. At least I was presuming you switched. Test results with 1.6.2 (actually 3 years out of date) are uninteresting without a valid reason.
It's fine, & at times useful, to mention down in the Details/Notes that specific Wine build Z seems to run well or this person had good luck with version K.
I think this goes a bit too far since I don't think eiii is less trustworthy than I am, although he seems to not have tested 2.0 for long, so I'll remove that one.

A lot of people run WINE 1.6.2 due to the simple reason that it's the one that comes with Mint 18.1, so it's not irrelevant at all.
Of course the fact that current Mint comes with such an old version is terrible, but that's how it is.

I was looking at posts from gogtrial34987 and adamhm when making my post, that's why I went to the trouble with the two checksums.
The first post in the thread is an utter mess. If you want a specific structure, you should state and show it there.

Gydion: In your case I was assuming you quite possibly had close to equal amount of testing with different versions given you started with 1.6.2 then switched. At least I was presuming you switched.
You presumed wrong, I was finishing the game first before and will switch today.

Edit:

I've removed the stock wine now and installed 2.0.1 but wine-config still shows 1.6.2, is this normal?
(see attachments)
Attachments:
synaptic.jpg (385 Kb)
Post edited July 04, 2017 by Klumpen0815
Gydion: If you want hints how about: system info (I certainly don't recall what you are running), specific Wine build used and post all terminal output (run via terminal & use paste type site). That may shed some light on it. I suspect you may be missing some needed system libs. Default terminal output may help. You could also check how the audio files are encoded.
It was more if I have overlooked something obvious. I already have played through the game. So at the moment this has not a high priority for me and I probably will have a closer look at it later. Maybe I play it again when GOG adds the German version to the game.
Post edited July 11, 2017 by eiii
Wondering if anyone could try re-testing Hidden and Dangerous / Hidden and Dangerous 2; last I heard both games didn't work, or had serious texture problems.
OK I need two new working Wine wrapper. One for Kingsway and another one for Children of Zodiarcs.
Silverhawk170485: OK I need two new working Wine wrapper. One for Kingsway and another one for Children of Zodiarcs.
All I need to start working on these two games are gift codes ;)

I can not make any promises about succeeding in making them work on Linux, but I think my portfolio shows that I am not really a rookie anymore when it comes to making games run on Linux:
http://wiki.dotslashplay.it/
Silverhawk170485: OK I need two new working Wine wrapper. One for Kingsway and another one for Children of Zodiarcs.
For Macs, you might want to wait for Paul the Tall to add them to the Porting Kit :P
I would recommend against buying anything new or new-ish that doesn't have official Linux support (or Mac if that's what you use). Wait until they're old & discounted/cheap enough that an official Linux/Mac port isn't likely to happen.

This way you get the game cheaper & with the benefit of any patches (plus you avoid getting burned if the GOG version gets abandoned or otherwise treated as 3rd-class, as so often seems to happen), and the developer has more of an incentive to do an official Linux/Mac release. Put the money you save towards games that *do* have official Linux/Mac support instead :)
rampancy: Wondering if anyone could try re-testing Hidden and Dangerous / Hidden and Dangerous 2; last I heard both games didn't work, or had serious texture problems.
using 2.13-staging and nothing changed in H&D (don't hath 2)
Game: Immortal Planet
Installer MD5: 975bb3b76e97413b35f3b20305d59368 setup_immortal_planet_gog-1_(13736).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: None

Distro: Antergos 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.12.3-1-ARCH
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 970
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 384.59
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 2.13

Install notes:

You will need to run "winetricks d3dcompiler_43" as with any other GameMaker game or otherwise the game will crash as soon as you get into the game.

How well does it run

I've played the game for several hours, finally beat the first boss, and I have yet to experience a crash.

Xbox 360 controller support

Make a separate 32-bit prefix and install x360ce into that prefix. Run x360ce and configure your Xbox 360 or any other xinput controller until you have everything working. Once you're done, copy the x360ce.exe, x360ce.ini, and xinput1_3.dll files from your x360ce prefix into your prefix with Immortal Planet installed. You will want to place these 3 files in the same directory as the game's executable. Afterwards, open up Wine's configuration utility and set the xinput1_3.dll to "native, builtin" and apply the changes. Once you're in the game you should have full controller support.

The reason I mention making a separate prefix is because x360ce requires a few redistributable files and you want to avoid running too many libraries in one Wine prefix.
Anyone please care to test this: https://www.gog.com/game/gangsters_organized_crime

https://www.winehq.org/search?q=gangsters%3A+organized+crime
Any news about Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord running with Wine?
Post edited August 14, 2017 by eiii