It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rixasha: Has anyone tried Pathologic recently? There's a sale and I'm intrigued, but the wine appdb doesn't look promising.
TaxAkla: I've been playing Pathologic with wine 2.0+ without problems. Linux Mint 64 bits 18.1.
The original or the new "Classic HD" release ?

I played the original in wine a while back, but never got around to try the the new version.
can give it a try when I get home
Rixasha: Has anyone tried Pathologic recently? There's a sale and I'm intrigued, but the wine appdb doesn't look promising.

No.
nope just tried everything and it doesn't work You can go ingame, but it shows a black sceen
immi101: The original or the new "Classic HD" release ?
Yes, the Classic HD. Installed through POL.
te_lanus: just tried everything and it doesn't work You can go ingame, but it shows a black sceen
TaxAkla: I've been playing Pathologic with wine 2.0+ without problems. Linux Mint 64 bits 18.1.
Yes, the Classic HD. Installed through POL.
Hmm since it works for TaxAkla theres probably some hope.

Te_lanus, POL looks like it installs what are probably winetricks d3dx9_35 d3dx9_36 devenum quartz wmp9, can you see if those make a difference? And are you on nvidia or amd?
wine-2.6, clean prefix, needs the following winetrickery to get it running:

WINEDLLOVERRIDES=wmvcore=n winetricks devenum quartz wmp9

it still has some d3d issues that can be resolved with:
winetricks d3dx9_35 d3dcompiler_43

after that it seems fully playable, though I only played very briefly.
run with WINEDEBUG=fixme-ntdll,fixme-reg to minimize the console output

the dll override in the first winetricks cmd is needed because it seems some recent change broke the wmp9 installation via winetricks.
when using wine-2.0 this isn't needed, but you'll additionally need `winetricks vcrun2013` here.
(didn't test the new 2.0.1 release)

this was tested on linux with mesa+radeonsi
Rixasha: Te_lanus, POL looks like it installs what are probably winetricks d3dx9_35 d3dx9_36 devenum quartz wmp9, can you see if those make a difference? And are you on nvidia or amd?
Everything's graphics is still a no-show,

First attachment is the Title screen, the second is what I get
Attachments:
king_mosiah: Not native, but there are eON based ports. Don't bother if you have an AMD CPU though.
Maighstir: I run an AMD FX CPU and a Radeon 270X, played through the Linux release of Gat out of Hell on Arch without any problems whatsoever and wonder why I shouldn't have bothered doing that.
Because the eON port was pretty much only optimized for Intel/Nvidia. If you have either an AMD CPU or GPU expect bad performance and more crashes.
Maighstir: I run an AMD FX CPU and a Radeon 270X, played through the Linux release of Gat out of Hell on Arch without any problems whatsoever and wonder why I shouldn't have bothered doing that.
king_mosiah: Because the eON port was pretty much only optimized for Intel/Nvidia. If you have either an AMD CPU or GPU expect bad performance and more crashes.
So you're saying I'm lucky it works without problems?
Post edited April 26, 2017 by Maighstir
Anyone know if Ruin of the Reckless works in WINE? The system requirements seem light, and it doesn't require DX11.
king_mosiah: Because the eON port was pretty much only optimized for Intel/Nvidia. If you have either an AMD CPU or GPU expect bad performance and more crashes.
Maighstir: So you're saying I'm lucky it works without problems?
Apparently.
rampancy: Anyone know if Ruin of the Reckless works in WINE? The system requirements seem light, and it doesn't require DX11.
Game: Ruin of the Reckless
Installer MD5:
81401d2ddb5cf297a4d660f6c1be0cce setup_ruin_of_the_reckless_1.0.0m_(11552).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: none

Distro: Antergos 64 bits
Kernel version: 4.10.11-1-ARCH
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 378.13
Wine version tested: Wine 2.6

Installation: It's a Game Maker game so you will need d3dcompiler_43 to not have the game crash as soon as you start it and d3dx9 in order to avoid a weird issue where the dialogue baloons get doubled.

How well does it run: Perfect and I've played the first 4-5 floors of the game with no glitches or crashes.
Post edited April 27, 2017 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: ...
Have you been encountering Out of Memory crashes/errors later in the game? I have. I'm not ruling out hardware limitations, but I would think that even a game that says it needs only 1 GB of RAM and "any" GFX supporting DX 9.0c would be okay with a system with 4 GB of RAM and Intel HD 5000 graphics.
JudasIscariot: ...
rampancy: Have you been encountering Out of Memory crashes/errors later in the game? I have. I'm not ruling out hardware limitations, but I would think that even a game that says it needs only 1 GB of RAM and "any" GFX supporting DX 9.0c would be okay with a system with 4 GB of RAM and Intel HD 5000 graphics.
I have never encountered those errors but then again I never made it to the higher floors as I played the game with one "hard" difficulty card added so yeah... :D

I did play the game for quite some time and I never got any OOM errors though. Maybe file a bug report on WineHQ with the terminal output?
Post edited April 28, 2017 by JudasIscariot
rampancy: Anyone know if Ruin of the Reckless works in WINE? The system requirements seem light, and it doesn't require DX11.
JudasIscariot: Game: Ruin of the Reckless
Thanks. Now if you could move the quote to after the report that would be great.
rampancy: Have you been encountering Out of Memory crashes/errors later in the game? I have. I'm not ruling out hardware limitations, but I would think that even a game that says it needs only 1 GB of RAM and "any" GFX supporting DX 9.0c would be okay with a system with 4 GB of RAM and Intel HD 5000 graphics.
Exactly what are the errors and Wine version used? It may not be exhausting total VRAM, but instead running out of buffer resources, shaders, etc, etc.
Post edited April 29, 2017 by Gydion
te_lanus: So does everything work on Wine :D
The Steam version now have a linux buid