It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: I just copy the PKGBUILD scripts from Arch and just point them towards a local archive and just run them with "makepkg --skippgp --skipinteg --skipchecksums" and away it goes :D
immi101: typing

configure <enter>
make <enter>

ain't that much harder :p
I build multilib Wine so I'd rather abide by the trusty PKGBUILD because i am not too confident in my ability to build a proper version with WoW64 support :D
JudasIscariot: I just copy the PKGBUILD scripts from Arch and just point them towards a local archive and just run them with "makepkg --skippgp --skipinteg --skipchecksums" and away it goes :D
shmerl: I don't bother building 32-bit Wine, it's a major mess (I did it a few times using lxc containers). But 64-bit is pretty easy to build. For 32-bit, periodic releases of staging are more than enough. I'm using 64-bit built from source to test TW3.
Well, I like having it for those purely 32-bit versions and the ability to make WoW64 prefixes.

Besides, with my new PC compiling is a LOT faster :D
Post edited March 21, 2017 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Besides, with my new PC compiling is a LOT faster :D
shmerl: Did you just get a 8 core Ryzen? I'm thinking about getting one.
No, I got an Intel i7-7700K :)
"winetricks xact" should now install xact_jun2010 and xact so if you have the latest version of winetricks you no longer have to wonder which version of xact to install :D
Post edited March 24, 2017 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: As for Raiden IV, I'll test it in a bit although considering it's made in the same engine as Caladrius Blaze, it might need the same winetricks :)
Gydion: Did you happen to get a chance to test this yet?
How about Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord? Does it?
Raiden IV's test report could literally be a copy paste of the Caladrius Blaze one as the same steps are required to get the game running well :)

As for Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord, I am not sure, did I volunteer to test that one too? :)
adamhm: Hmm, I didn't know that Wine favoured the native OpenAL32.dll over its own builtin version. Probably worth setting that in my wrappers for the STALKER games then, as they also use OpenAL.
I believe that is a recent development as I recall seeing a bug report where a developer implemented a patch where Wine would specifically favor the native version of OpenAL rather than the built-in one.

I can't find the exact bug in bugzilla myself but I swear it exists....or I am thinking of something else entirely...
rampancy: Anyone know if Ruin of the Reckless works in WINE? The system requirements seem light, and it doesn't require DX11.
Game: Ruin of the Reckless
Installer MD5:
81401d2ddb5cf297a4d660f6c1be0cce setup_ruin_of_the_reckless_1.0.0m_(11552).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: none

Distro: Antergos 64 bits
Kernel version: 4.10.11-1-ARCH
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 378.13
Wine version tested: Wine 2.6

Installation: It's a Game Maker game so you will need d3dcompiler_43 to not have the game crash as soon as you start it and d3dx9 in order to avoid a weird issue where the dialogue baloons get doubled.

How well does it run: Perfect and I've played the first 4-5 floors of the game with no glitches or crashes.
Post edited April 27, 2017 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: ...
rampancy: Have you been encountering Out of Memory crashes/errors later in the game? I have. I'm not ruling out hardware limitations, but I would think that even a game that says it needs only 1 GB of RAM and "any" GFX supporting DX 9.0c would be okay with a system with 4 GB of RAM and Intel HD 5000 graphics.
I have never encountered those errors but then again I never made it to the higher floors as I played the game with one "hard" difficulty card added so yeah... :D

I did play the game for quite some time and I never got any OOM errors though. Maybe file a bug report on WineHQ with the terminal output?
Post edited April 28, 2017 by JudasIscariot
Gydion: Exactly what are the errors and Wine version used? It may not be exhausting total VRAM, but instead running out of buffer resources, shaders, etc, etc.
rampancy: I've set aside the game recently, but I'll get on that ASAP.

In the meantime, might Judas know if Empires: Dawn of the Modern World works in WINE? AppDB tests for WINE 2.3 aren't good, but that was for the old retail disc version.
If I had access to my Linux machine, I would try it and let you know buuuut I am on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean right about now :P
Post edited May 12, 2017 by JudasIscariot
vanchann: I read your post and I installed the game on Linux/Wine (2.4-devel). The bug is present, even after full directx installation (directx9).
shmerl: I wonder if GOG can explain what exactly their fix is. It would help understanding whether it's a bug in Wine, or their hack somehow isn't really following standards?

@JudasIscariot: Can you please ping GOG developers about it?
It sounds like a Wine bug to me since the fix, whatever it is, works in Windows. I would submit a bug to WineHQ while mentioning that it's specific to the GOG version of the game. Be sure to add your terminal output while you have the map open.

I am wary of asking about this since the game is being ran in a very much unsupported way. It's not that I don't want to or anything but I do hope you see my position on the matter.
ciemnogrodzianin: Game: Dungeon Rats
Version 1.0.6

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Sarah MATE 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-79-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.22

Install notes: Installs properly. Requires d3dcompiler and devenum. Game started with DR64.exe.
How well does it run: Perfect. Game completed without any significant problem.
Details: There are small graphical artifacts visible in part of locations (black squares between floor and walls). It does not affect the gameplay and it's the only problem you should expect as a Linux/Wine user.
You may want to update to the 2.X series of Wine, 1.9.22 might be missing fixes that fix the graphical artifacts but I am not sure. It's always good to test against the latest development version...
Projectsonic: I'm not completely sure why, but running Smugglers V in my own Wineskin has been way more productive than the GOG provided wineskin app. No winetricks or anything. This also goes for Invasion and all DLC.
Hi,

If we need to update our Wineskin wrapper for Smugglers V and its DLCs/expansions, please send us a Support ticket about it.

We usually don't update a wrapper unless it seriously needs an update for whatever reason so if a Wineskin-wrapped game like Smugglers V is giving you issues, please write to Support :)
gogtrial34987: On wine 2.10 I see the following error message quite a few times:
wine: Call from 0x7b43ca9c to unimplemented function api-ms-win-core-winrt-roparameterizediid-l1-1-0.dll.RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID, aborting
That api-ms-win-core-winrt-roparameterizediid-l1-1-0.dll was added in wine 2.5, but is indeed still 0% implemented according to the winehq page for that. This error was the reason for me to try 2.4 and that 2.0-rc3 from the appdb report, but that's also just not doing anything.
You should add your comment to this bug report for Wine: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42701

Also, have you tried running "winetricks vcrun2015" in the prefix you have the game installed? Usually that works around that particular unimplemented function.
Aaaand I am back at my Linux box :D
Silverhawk170485: OK I need two new working Wine wrapper. One for Kingsway and another one for Children of Zodiarcs.
For Macs, you might want to wait for Paul the Tall to add them to the Porting Kit :P
Game: Immortal Planet
Installer MD5: 975bb3b76e97413b35f3b20305d59368 setup_immortal_planet_gog-1_(13736).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: None

Distro: Antergos 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.12.3-1-ARCH
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 970
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 384.59
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 2.13

Install notes:

You will need to run "winetricks d3dcompiler_43" as with any other GameMaker game or otherwise the game will crash as soon as you get into the game.

How well does it run

I've played the game for several hours, finally beat the first boss, and I have yet to experience a crash.

Xbox 360 controller support

Make a separate 32-bit prefix and install x360ce into that prefix. Run x360ce and configure your Xbox 360 or any other xinput controller until you have everything working. Once you're done, copy the x360ce.exe, x360ce.ini, and xinput1_3.dll files from your x360ce prefix into your prefix with Immortal Planet installed. You will want to place these 3 files in the same directory as the game's executable. Afterwards, open up Wine's configuration utility and set the xinput1_3.dll to "native, builtin" and apply the changes. Once you're in the game you should have full controller support.

The reason I mention making a separate prefix is because x360ce requires a few redistributable files and you want to avoid running too many libraries in one Wine prefix.