It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

@Gekko:

Can you please post the system specs you're running the game on (including GPU Driver type/version). I might be able to investigate a little further with Dead Space.

Under Nvidia with Wine Staging 3.10 it works more or less the same as 3.7, although strangely I had to disable VSync to get smooth mouse / aiming.

@Pangaea666:

I tried PoE under Staging 3.10, the 64bit crashes with the usua WIC (Windows Imaging Component) and fonts error.
Post edited June 13, 2018 by Ganni1987
Ganni1987: @Pangaea666:

I tried PoE under Staging 3.10, the 64bit crashes with the usua WIC (Windows Imaging Component) and fonts error.
Thanks for looking into it.

I installed the game in a new drive, this time by using Lutris. After adding PBA_DISABLE=1 I got the minimap working when using DX11 and Vulkan, which is good news. Lutris uses a wine version called ge-3.6-x86_64 to get around the WIC problem you mentioned (I tried 3.10-staging, but got the error message then). Unfortunately the game wasn't really playable, because it stuttered something fierce. Just running around in the small Overseers Tower stuttered a bit, sometimes a lot. Going to an area with combat, and it was a frame every 2-3 seconds at times, so I had no idea what was going on.

Tried going back to Dx9Ex on Lutris, but it stuttered there too, so whatever they are doing under the good, it's not working out for POE.

Looks like the best bet is to go back to the semi-working PlayOnLinux DX9Ex version. It's kinda playable currently when I can get maybe an hour in, but if it starts crashing after 20-30 minutes it won't be.

Why couldn't they release it natively on Linux? :cry:
Ganni1987: @Pangaea666:

Pangaea666: Thanks for looking into it.

I installed the game in a new drive, this time by using Lutris. After adding PBA_DISABLE=1 I got the minimap working when using DX11 and Vulkan, which is good news. Lutris uses a wine version called ge-3.6-x86_64 to get around the WIC problem you mentioned (I tried 3.10-staging, but got the error message then). Unfortunately the game wasn't really playable, because it stuttered something fierce. Just running around in the small Overseers Tower stuttered a bit.....
Using PBA is bound to increase Virtual Memory usage. Loading the game with just normal CSMT I get about 2.5gb from the start, it then takes a while to get to 4GB.

For testing purposes, you could try an older version of Wine, let's say 3.2 for example, I played it a good while last year and it didn't stutter the way it is now.
Post edited June 14, 2018 by Ganni1987
Has anyone tried Ember with Wine (on Linux)?
Post edited June 14, 2018 by eiii
eiii: Has anyone tried Ember with Wine (on Linux)?
I have, and it seemed to work perfect out of the box (Wine Staging v3.9 on a 32bit prefix with CSMT enabled).
Pangaea666: Thanks for looking into it.

I installed the game in a new drive, this time by using Lutris. After adding PBA_DISABLE=1 I got the minimap working when using DX11 and Vulkan, which is good news. Lutris uses a wine version called ge-3.6-x86_64 to get around the WIC problem you mentioned (I tried 3.10-staging, but got the error message then). Unfortunately the game wasn't really playable, because it stuttered something fierce. Just running around in the small Overseers Tower stuttered a bit.....
Ganni1987: Using PBA is bound to increase Virtual Memory usage. Loading the game with just normal CSMT I get about 2.5gb from the start, it then takes a while to get to 4GB.

For testing purposes, you could try an older version of Wine, let's say 3.2 for example, I played it a good while last year and it didn't stutter the way it is now.
Unfortunately it increases pretty quickly for me. Tried 3.2 for a while, and have now used 3.10-staging. Don't see any difference tbh.

Virtual memory is about 2.7 GB after logging on, and now after clearing an area and killing a boss it's up to 3.7 GB, half an hour later or so. Must be increasing faster now due to bigger areas, and maybe more enemies or more effects too. Frustrating that there doesn't appear to be anything I can do about it.
Ganni1987: @Gekko:

Can you please post the system specs you're running the game on (including GPU Driver type/version).
as for GPU - I've tried with intel HD graphics 4600 and nvidia gtx 850m (via bumblebee). Drivers... Nvidia use 396.24, but I have no idea how to check for the version of intel's one, lol
wine 3.8 there, game runs without issues (but with around 30fps on integrated GPU, if thats matter)
Post edited June 14, 2018 by Gekko_Dekko
muntdefems: I have, and it seemed to work perfect out of the box (Wine Staging v3.9 on a 32bit prefix with CSMT enabled).
Gekko_Dekko: wine 3.8 there, game runs without issues (but with around 30fps on integrated GPU, if thats matter)
Sounds good. Thank you both!
Post edited June 15, 2018 by eiii
Bad:
Xanadu Next segfault on launch, as for wine 3.9.

Good:
All games of Ys series seem to work without issues, with gamepad (atleast for wired xbox360) support out of box (you just need to select your device in config tool. Choose the one with "event" to get vibration support. Every button seems to work, except for triggers). Moreover - except for Ys SEVEN, removal of Galaxy.dll doesnt prevent them from launch (and, from my experience, doesnt break anything). So - if you care about privacy, they can be played without additional firewall settings.
Sacred Gold works, but feature EXTREME perfomance issues (and it gets only worse when you outscope) for such old game to feature about 25-30 fps in-game and 10-16 on character creation menu, when launched with 850M... Heard its something to do with game itself, rather than wine, btw.

Sacred 2 Gold doesnt work. .lnk file is broken (there is some error about unvalid exe in the terminal output), when you launch exe directly - you get just cursor visible, screen is pitch-black. Then, after like 15 secs, game closes. Tried with both intel and nvidia gpus - no success.
Also worth to note that installer is kinda broken either - it gets stuck after installation of physx, so you need to manually kill it (maybe thats the case?).

Wine 3.9
I am struggling to get Septerra Core running properly, despite it having a WINE-wrapper and being platinum-rated on the appdb. Has anyone here gotten it running successfully? Details in this thread. I just can't figure out what the problem is..
Random_Coffee: I am struggling to get Septerra Core running properly, despite it having a WINE-wrapper and being platinum-rated on the appdb. Has anyone here gotten it running successfully? Details in this thread. I just can't figure out what the problem is..
did you use wrapper, or installed manually? What s your wine version? Did you use clear wineprefix and, if yes - was it 32 or 64 bit? Did you install anything into this prefix? (like directx) Do you use wine's virtual desktop option? (for me, it solve lots of issues)
Random_Coffee: I am struggling to get Septerra Core running properly, despite it having a WINE-wrapper and being platinum-rated on the appdb. Has anyone here gotten it running successfully? Details in this thread. I just can't figure out what the problem is..
Gekko_Dekko: did you use wrapper, or installed manually? What s your wine version? Did you use clear wineprefix and, if yes - was it 32 or 64 bit? Did you install anything into this prefix? (like directx) Do you use wine's virtual desktop option? (for me, it solve lots of issues)
I tried both the Linux-wrapper provided here on GOG; and the Windows-version through WINE. My WINE-version is 3.4. I don't think I've ever messed around with different prefixes. The one I use for everything is 64-bit by default. I did try running it in virtual desktop, but still no luck.
I'd love to see if Metal Fatigue and the Fallen Haven games work in WINE.
Random_Coffee: My WINE-version is 3.4.
I think, thats the problem. 3.4 is WAY old version of wine (Im currently on 3.9, while latest is 3.11). As for 3.8, game ran perfectly fine (but I didnt play much - its one of games, that didnt age well and look kinda ugly on FHD)
Post edited June 23, 2018 by Gekko_Dekko