It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I was playing Sacred 2 Gold on FreeBSD 10.3 using 32 bit wine 1.9.8-devel. Yesterday I updated the version to 1.9.13-devel and this game didn't start, nor the first Sacred did. I've tried to force reinstall winetricks libraries, but it didn't help.

Other games have been working fine since the wine upgrade, so it's not a general issue.

I removed the prefixes and I'll try to install these two games again. Has anyone else tried them on 1.9.13-devel?
JudasIscariot: I can but I am not using PoL. On Linux, you will need to run "winetricks dotnet40" after installing the game. Managed to play the game for a few hours via Wine 1.9.13 in full screen mode.
Thanks for the info! Yeah it wouldn't start until I winetricks'd dotnet40.

I just tried my main rig after I got home, full screen worked fine after some weirdness where it put me in an off center 1024x768 first.

Maybe it doesn't like the older nVidia drivers or lower resolution of my laptop display.
JudasIscariot: I can but I am not using PoL. On Linux, you will need to run "winetricks dotnet40" after installing the game. Managed to play the game for a few hours via Wine 1.9.13 in full screen mode.
MikeMaximus: Thanks for the info! Yeah it wouldn't start until I winetricks'd dotnet40.

I just tried my main rig after I got home, full screen worked fine after some weirdness where it put me in an off center 1024x768 first.

Maybe it doesn't like the older nVidia drivers or lower resolution of my laptop display.
The game starts off by default in windowed mode under Wine 1.9.13 on Nvidia 367.27 drivers so if you have a smaller display than 1920 X 1200 (my resolution) it might be very much off center on a laptop.
vanchann: I was playing Sacred 2 Gold on FreeBSD 10.3 using 32 bit wine 1.9.8-devel. Yesterday I updated the version to 1.9.13-devel and this game didn't start, nor the first Sacred did. I've tried to force reinstall winetricks libraries, but it didn't help.

Other games have been working fine since the wine upgrade, so it's not a general issue.

I removed the prefixes and I'll try to install these two games again. Has anyone else tried them on 1.9.13-devel?
Sacred 2 Gold requires a specific version of PhysX, if I recall correctly. Do you have a Phys X redistributable from when you installed the game? Should be in a _redist folder or something like that in your prefix, if you haven't deleted it already :)
Post edited July 04, 2016 by JudasIscariot
Game: Battle Realms + Winter of the Wolf
Installer MD5: c3f1596701053bb4a455b46f7cfd964b setup_battle_realms_complete_2.0.0.9.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: GOG version
Codeweavers link: Retail version

Distro: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Kernel version: 3.2.0-104 (32bit)
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 4670
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary (fglrx)
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.6

Install notes: Just install & play. I had to set Direct3D OffscreenRenderingMode to "pbuffer" using regedit.
How well does it run: Almost perfect
Details: Everything in the game showed upside down until I changed OffscreenRenderingMode to "pbuffer" (was previously set to "backbuffer"). Tested with virtual desktop enabled. Game works without, showing fullscreen, but Unity UI annoyingly overlaps it on the edges.
JudasIscariot: snip
I started having the same freeze problem the next time i tried to play, and there's no Wine debug output when it happens, so I tried some other things. When I turn off "Allow the window manager to decorate the windows" and "Allow the window manager to control the windows" in winecfg, then full screen works consistently. So It may just be some issue with Unity,

I'm done now, I just get obsessive trying to figure out things like this. :P
Replacement thread is up and available to post in. New thread as I was hitting the character limit. FYI, I still need to actually review all the links.

Any new entries should be posted over there, e.g. Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Gold Edition and Battle Realms + Winter of the Wolf.

I am going to request this thread to be locked, but not for a while. Which is part of why I would like to have all the existing entries cross-posted over to the new thread. However I realize that's quite tedious & annoying to do.
JudasIscariot: Sacred 2 Gold requires a specific version of PhysX, if I recall correctly. Do you have a Phys X redistributable from when you installed the game? Should be in a _redist folder or something like that in your prefix, if you haven't deleted it already :)
Thanks for the reply.
I had that specific PhysX version installed, but it didn't help. I tried to update it using winetricks, but it didn't help either.

I have deleted the prefix. I'll try with a clean prefix when I have the time.
Matruchus: ...
JudasIscariot: ...
blakstar: ...
muntdefems: ...
Rixasha: ...
vanchann: ...
Emperor_of_Mars: ...
immi101: ...
Notification bump.

Gydion: Replacement thread is up and available to post in. New thread as I was hitting the character limit.
I am going to request this thread to be locked, but not for a while. Would love to have all the existing entries cross-posted over to the new thread.
Post edited July 09, 2016 by Gydion
immi101: ...
Gydion: Notification bump.

Gydion: Replacement thread is up and available to post in. New thread as I was hitting the character limit.
Gydion: I am going to request this thread to be locked, but not for a while. Would love to have all the existing entries cross-posted over to the new thread.
People will still be able to copy their existing entries from a locked thread, just not edit them :)
JudasIscariot: People will still be able to copy their existing entries from a locked thread, just not edit them :)
Yes, but you lose fancy URLs, etc that way.
JudasIscariot: People will still be able to copy their existing entries from a locked thread, just not edit them :)
Gydion: Yes, but you lose fancy URLs, etc that way.
Alright, well, just holler when you need me to close the thread :)
Did anyone try GOG releases of DA: Origins and Dead Space in Wine?
Post edited July 17, 2016 by shmerl
shmerl: Did anyone try GOG releases of DO: Origins and Dead Space in Wine?
Both seem to run very well so far using Wine Staging 1.9.14, have only played DA:O for about an hour so far though & DS for about 20min
adamhm: Both seem to run very well so far using Wine Staging 1.9.14, have only played DA:O for about an hour so far though & DS for about 20min
Sounds good!
adamhm: Both seem to run very well so far using Wine Staging 1.9.14, have only played DA:O for about an hour so far though & DS for about 20min
I'm playing DA: Origins now (Wine staging 1.9.14), and it works well, I only had to install physx. There is one issue though. Once I Alt+Tab out of the application and go back, it becomes all black, and I need to force quit it. Did you experience anything like that?
Post edited July 17, 2016 by shmerl