It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

blakstar: Well, at least I've got videos :-P
JudasIscariot: Ha, I managed to get videos in CK Complete. Apparently, for CK Complete at least, quartz installed via winetricks interferes or something of the sort with whatever quartz bits Wine already has natively.

One down :P
Congratulations on getting it working -- guess you'll have to be careful what you throw into the pot in future :-)
blakstar: Sorry, maybe I should have mentioned this before, but don't forget, as I initially did, to edit the config file if you can't hear Sulu's voice during the training missions. If you don't already know, there should be a voice volume setting in there, set as a percentage.
adamhm: It worked for me without needing any tweaking, but I'll add that to the post
BTW I made a post on the Star Trek: Starfleet Command forum a long while ago about the game working on Linux: https://www.gog.com/forum/star_trek_starfleet_command/starfleet_command_with_linux

It's strange, but you mentioned having to use a virtual desktop now, as do I, but when I originally tried it, I had it running full screen.
Post edited April 25, 2016 by blakstar
adamhm: I've been thinking about possible ways around this, perhaps there's a way to bypass the post merge limit... maybe by filling posts with garbage initially so that they can't be merged without exceeding the size limit? Or using attached images (there's a limit of 5 attached images per post)?
The post just fails same as exceeding the character limit. I don't think I've tried the images.
adamhm: Or if you don't want to make a new thread you could just keep using later posts in this thread & adding a link to the next one as they get filled up?
I would prefer a new thread to that. I doubt it would last long enough in General to get all the placeholders in. Realistically it would take at least two days.

The bigger question, to you & everyone else, is how much are we missing the AppDB & CrossOver links in the main posts? It was nicer to have them, but all the entries should have them included. It does make the ratings seem less useful.
blakstar: It's strange, but you mentioned having to use a virtual desktop now, as do I, but when I originally tried it, I had it running full screen.
I didn't say it's needed... I just didn't try without it as I always enable virtual desktop as a default setting (I don't like letting things change the display resolution).

Gydion: I would prefer a new thread to that. I doubt it would last long enough in General to get all the placeholders in. Realistically it would take at least two days.
There is one other option- You start the thread, and then alternate posts with someone else until you have enough. And then someone from GOG deletes the other user's posts leaving only yours there.

The bigger question, to you & everyone else, is how much are we missing the AppDB & CrossOver links in the main posts? It was nicer to have them, but all the entries should have them included. It does make the ratings seem less useful.
I don't think they're really needed; as you said, they should already be linked to from their respective posts (and hopefully the info in the posts here will be enough that heading over to WineHQ's AppDB to hunt for more info won't be necessary).
Post edited April 25, 2016 by adamhm
rampancy: It's not so much an issue of limiting memory as it is giving WINE (and by extension the game running on it) a specified hard amount of available VRAM to expect. On the AppDB instructions for setting "videomemorysize" range from 896 to whatever amount is present on the system's video card.
Cheers. That makes sense with what I was remembering. I want to say Diablo II had issues with some 2 GB cards (too much), but I could be wrong about that.
rampancy: I'm not a coder, and I'm far from an expert in WINE so I can only guess at what's going on, but I think it may have something to do with the integrated memory on my laptop (which is really more of an ultrabook in terms of specs) and how it's handled in OS X.
One of the things DandoCalrissian was hacking into his Wineskin wrapper was additional GPU detection. Apple likes to use a different renderer string than Linux. I still don't see [url=http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/blob/HEAD:/dlls/wined3d/directx.c#l1994]HD 5000 or Iris(?) listed[/url]. A number of the more recent Intel's [url=http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/blob/HEAD:/dlls/wined3d/directx.c#l1382]have their minimum as 1024[/url]. The most basic fallback Intel has 32 MB. If Wine is sticking you with that than no wonder.
blakstar: It's strange, but you mentioned having to use a virtual desktop now, as do I, but when I originally tried it, I had it running full screen.
adamhm: I didn't say it's needed... I just didn't try without it as I always enable virtual desktop as a default setting (I don't like letting things change the display resolution).

[snip]
Sorry, I sort of misunderstood then. I used to have the game working full screen, but hadn't played it for a while, during which I'd had two or three Wine updates.

After that, it just kept causing problems, until I constrained it to a 1280x1024 virtual desktop. Worked perfectly after that.

I don't mind not having games in full screen mode, just so long as the window's large enough to be seen comfortably. :-)
Gydion: The bigger question, to you & everyone else, is how much are we missing the AppDB & CrossOver links in the main posts? It was nicer to have them, but all the entries should have them included. It does make the ratings seem less useful.
I agree. Posting it all here without updating Wine AppDB is counter productive. Most people will never see these reports, and they'll think there is no fresh information about those games. So please everyone - spend some time and update AppDB even if that process is not as smooth as it could be. That's where people are actually looking for compatibility info.
Post edited April 26, 2016 by shmerl
...soooo, anyone tried Bloodlines yet?
rampancy: ...soooo, anyone tried Bloodlines yet?
Yes, see the announcement thread.
rampancy: ...soooo, anyone tried Bloodlines yet?
I don't have the time for a full report yet but here's what I did:

Run the installer.

Set up a virtual desktop since I have a 1920 x 1200 and the game didn't see it UNTIL I gave it a virtual desktop of that size.

Ran

$wine vampire.exe

for the unmodded version.

You can run

$wine vampire.exe -game Unofficial_Patch

if you want to play with the Unofficial Patch.
For the reference, I have 1920 x 1200 too, and Wine worked OK for me for Bloodlines without virtual desktop.
Post edited April 26, 2016 by shmerl
Well, it had to be asked: any word on Evil Islands/Rage of Mages/Rage of Mages II?
Darkest Dungeon is now available for penguins so no more Wine :D
JudasIscariot: Darkest Dungeon is now available for penguins so no more Wine :D
Great news. I wish more games that didn't already work perfectly in Wine got ported instead though. :)
JudasIscariot: Darkest Dungeon is now available for penguins so no more Wine :D
MikeMaximus: Great news. I wish more games that didn't already work perfectly in Wine got ported instead though. :)
Same but gotta take whatever little victories we can :)