It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rampancy: How well does it run: Perfectly (So far.)
Nice.
rampancy: Wine version(s) tested: CrossOver 15.1
The thing is this thread is titled, 'The "Judas™ does this run in Wine" thread', and not run in CrossOver. You might have seen this coming, but I will ask if you can also test in stock Wine of some sort. It will be most appreciated.
JudasIscariot: ...
So, does it and guessing not? for this .
Post edited April 15, 2016 by Gydion
rampancy: How well does it run: Perfectly (So far.)
Gydion: Nice.
rampancy: Wine version(s) tested: CrossOver 15.1
Gydion: The thing is this thread is titled, 'The "Judas™ does this run in Wine" thread', and not run in CrossOver. You might have seen this coming, but I will ask if you can also test in stock Wine of some sort. It will be most appreciated.
I thought CrossOver was fine, as I've seen other test reports reporting on compatibility with that version of WINE as well.
JudasIscariot: ...
Gydion: So, does it and guessing not? for this .
For me, Requiem does not run at all when using Direct3d or 3dfx modes. Crashes on launch.

Here's what my terminal spits out for Requiem:

wine Requiem.exe
fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 1.9.7 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
[mint@antergos Requiem - Avenging Angel]$ fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"wined3d.dll" to L"wined3d-csmt.dll"
fixme:winediag:wined3d_dll_init Please note that the experimental wined3d CSMT patchset has been disabled in this
fixme:winediag:wined3d_dll_init version of Wine Staging. Check out the release notes for further information.
fixme:dinput:joy_polldev joystick cannot handle type 21 event (code 96)
fixme:d3d:wined3d_adapter_find_polyoffset_scale No FBOs, assuming polyoffset scale of 2^23.
fixme:d3d:wined3d_adapter_find_polyoffset_scale No FBOs, assuming polyoffset scale of 2^23.
fixme:d3d:debug_d3dformat Unrecognized 0x36314644 (as fourcc: DF16) WINED3DFORMAT!
fixme:d3d:wined3d_get_format Can't find format unrecognized (0x36314644) in the format lookup table
fixme:d3d:debug_d3dformat Unrecognized 0x34324644 (as fourcc: DF24) WINED3DFORMAT!
fixme:d3d:wined3d_get_format Can't find format unrecognized (0x34324644) in the format lookup table
fixme:nvapi:unimplemented_stub function 0x694d52e is unimplemented!
fixme:nvapi:unimplemented_stub function 0x375dbd6b is unimplemented!
fixme:nvapi:unimplemented_stub function 0x617bff9f is unimplemented!
fixme:nvapi:unimplemented_stub function 0x73bf8338 is unimplemented!
fixme:nvapi:unimplemented_stub function 0x73bf8338 is unimplemented!
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 151 (XFree86-VidModeExtension)
Minor opcode of failed request: 15 (XF86VidModeSetGamma)
Value in failed request: 0x280003c
Serial number of failed request: 395
Current serial number in output stream: 399
Game: Tropico
Installer: setup_tropico_2.1.0.14.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=266

Distro: gentoo
Kernel version: 4.5.0
GFX card: Radeon HD 7770
GFX driver: Mesa/radeonsi 11.2.0
Wine version(s) tested: 1.8.2 & 1.9.7

Install notes: just install & play™
Notes:
- software mode works smoother/faster than hardware mode
- a widescreen patch seem to be non-existent
Post edited April 15, 2016 by immi101
JudasIscariot: Game: Subterrain
Since Subterrain is supposedly a Unity game, wonder if this hack will get it to work under Linux: http://seegras.discordia.ch/Blog/windows-unity-games-on-linux/

Can't test it myself (as I don't own it)
Haven't done extensive testing yet, hence no game details template posted, but For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game seems to work perfectly under my Ubuntu 14.04 setup, using Wine 1.8.
Game: Divinity: Dragon Commander - Imperial Edition
Installer MD5s:
c37429bd81ade9b77229b37b9442e544 setup_divinity_dragon_commander_2.1.0.13-1.bin
072c38d9940a808921bf8928a4d67671 setup_divinity_dragon_commander_2.1.0.13-2.bin
f9ede657d6fc84cbaaf9bd00f2366919 setup_divinity_dragon_commander_2.1.0.13-3.bin
151bc2e100e35b0b9d2398c70b812efc setup_divinity_dragon_commander_2.1.0.13.exe
56c24c784916f8bc4beddba0a7ee570a setup_dragon_commander_dlc_2.1.0.13.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=15271
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/divinity-dragon-commander

Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 64bit
Kernel version: 3.19.0-58
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 364.15
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.5 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.1.0

Install notes: Requires d3dcompiler_43 (install DirectX 9 Modern in CrossOver)
Let the Visual C++ 2008 redistributable install when it asks
If using PlayOnLinux, start the game from/create shortcut for "DCApp.exe"
How well does it run: Perfect
Details: Tested with virtual desktop enabled. Have only played for a few hours so far but the game seems to work perfectly with decent framerate, running maxed out at 1920x1200. If you want to run the game full screen at your display's full resolution with virtual desktop enabled you'll need to set the virtual desktop resolution to match. Don't use CSMT as the game will freeze on exit (this does not apply to CrossOver).
Wine 1.9.8 is live, let's hope it fixes some things :D
JudasIscariot: (…)
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Have you tried running this game in a virtual desktop?
This kind of error is often fixed by not letting the game mess with your screen resolution.
vv221: Have you tried running this game in a virtual desktop?
This kind of error is often fixed by not letting the game mess with your screen resolution.
I'd like to second that suggestion.

As you say, many of the GOG games I've tried seem to crash when allowing them to run full screen, but run fine when run in a virtual desktop.

It's not perfect, but it's usually a good solution, especially with older games that were never designed for newer screen resolutions/aspects.
vv221: Have you tried running this game in a virtual desktop?
Yes, I have tried running in a virtual desktop. I even used an old school resolution of 1024 x 768 and the terminal spewed out a bunch of stuff similar to my original report.
Post edited April 16, 2016 by JudasIscariot
I have to say that sometimes Wine can seem a touch baffling.

For me, For the Glory, based on Europa Universalis 2, apparently works just fine, whilst the base game itself falls over flat and doesn't really want to work properly at all!

As in, why one type of game works, whilst a similar one doesn't, is a bit of a conundrum.

OK, really just musing here, so I'll just stop now. :-)
blakstar: I have to say that sometimes Wine can seem a touch baffling.

For me, For the Glory, based on Europa Universalis 2, apparently works just fine, whilst the base game itself falls over flat and doesn't really want to work properly at all!

As in, why one type of game works, whilst a similar one doesn't, is a bit of a conundrum.

What does the terminal spit out in the background? Maybe you are missing something?
blakstar: I have to say that sometimes Wine can seem a touch baffling.

JudasIscariot: What does the terminal spit out in the background? Maybe you are missing something?
I probably am -- as for For the Glory, I did a standard Wine install, with it's own prefix, and after installation completed, I double-clicked on the desktop icon and the game ran just fine.

It's just rather annoying that the game it's actually based upon is not as accommodating. :-)