It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

sunshinecorp: I have a question about Infinity engine games (Torment, BG etc.). The Linux version that's being offered runs through a wine wrapper. Does anyone know how I can install community patches on those? For example unfinished business patches, tweaks et cetera.
niniendowarrior: You need to look at where the WINEPREFIX is. I don't own them, but if you can figure out how GOG runs the game, you can tweak it to run any executable.

It should look like:
WINEPREFIX=/what/your/path/to/BG/or/Torment/is wine /your/path/to/community/patches.exe
Thank you. I'll give it a shot.
Winetricks got a version bump last night: https://github.com/Winetricks/winetricks
sunshinecorp: Does anyone know how I can install community patches on those? For example unfinished business patches, tweaks et cetera.
You mean mods? It's recommended to use the Linux version of WeiDU. If you are going to run tolower, not sure if it's needed, don't be like this guy & run it on your User folder. Also, it seems to be hardcoded to the default .wine prefix (if I read that correctly).
vanchann: Yes, look here.
Cheers.
Post edited March 13, 2016 by Gydion
JudasIscariot: Winetricks got a version bump last night: https://github.com/Winetricks/winetricks
I can never find the release notes for those. :-(

Anything significant?
JudasIscariot: Winetricks got a version bump last night: https://github.com/Winetricks/winetricks
niniendowarrior: I can never find the release notes for those. :-(

Anything significant?
vcrun2015 DLL issue got fixed, I believe some winetricks got 64-bit support.

Best way to get a grasp of what's changed with winetricks is to look at the most recent closed issues on its github and look for ones that were solved :)

You can also look through the commits section as Austin tends to write in human readable English so you can see what the most recent changes were :)
low rated
sunshinecorp: Does anyone know how I can install community patches on those? For example unfinished business patches, tweaks et cetera.
Gydion: You mean mods? It's recommended to use the Linux version of WeiDU. If you are going to run tolower, not sure if it's needed, don't be like this guy & run it on your User folder. Also, it seems to be hardcoded to the default .wine prefix (if I read that correctly).
Of course, there are ways to deal with the hardcoding. You can replace .wine with a symbolic link to the real wine prefix. Alternatively, if you have root access (or are willing to deal with user/mount namespaces), you can bind mount the wine prefix in question over .wine.
Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection

Mac OS X El Capitan - 2013 11.6" MacBook Air (MacBook6,1)
Kernel: 10.11.3 (15D21) (64 bit)
Card: Intel HD Graphics 5000 (1.5 GB VRAM Shared)
GLX Renderer: OpenGL, Standard Apple Drivers

Installer files:
setup_sword_of_the_stars_2.0.0.3 (1.8, GOG-3)

wine-staging-1.9.5 in Wineskin (Wineskin Winery 1.7, Wrapper Version 2.6.2). First installed in winetricks: d3dx9, vcrun2005, and corefonts. Installer hangs close to completion; running the installer with /nogui and/or /debug flags may be necessary. "Native Mac Driver" must be disabled for the game to run at full screen on 1366 x 768.

After playing several hours through the tutorial scenario, the game seems to work perfectly fine...except in tactical combat. The tactical combat display is mainly a black screen with scattered grey boxes, and the menus and UI are completely garbled; this is likely what was reported for this game's original WINE AppDB entry for Wine 1.8.0.

AppDB entry: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=24440

Elven Legacy Collection

Installer files:
setup_eleven_legacy_collection_2.0.0.2.exe
setup_eleven_legacy_collection_2.0.0.2-1.bin

wine-staging-1.9.4 and WS9Wine 1.9.2 in Wineskin (Wineskin Winery 1.7, Wrapper Version 2.6.2). First installed in winetricks: directx9. Installer runs without issue, barring the usual "out of range" error messages encountered in WINE at the end of installations in current GOG Windows installers.

The game runs perfectly well, except that when set to default graphics settings or anything above high graphics settings, the game complains that it does not detect sufficient graphics memory, echoing earlier reports for this game in WINE 1.2 in the WINE AppDB.

AppDB entry: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=20893

Stardew Valley

Installer files:
setup_stardew_valley_2.3.0.5.exe (1.05, GOG-5)

Used the custom-made Wineskin wrapper and custom-patched WINE engine available here:
http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/wineskin-wrapper-for-mac.108737/

(More details on the engine patches here: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/mac-osx-wineskin-attempts.106850/page-5

The following were installed in winetricks: directx9, dotnet40, msxml3, xna40; The game runs perfectly so far (including saving/loading games); the only issue so far is the menu bar being visible in fullscreen mode.
Post edited March 13, 2016 by rampancy
rampancy: Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection

After playing several hours through the tutorial scenario, the game seems to work perfectly fine...except in tactical combat. The tactical combat display is mainly a black screen with scattered grey boxes, and the menus and UI are completely garbled; this is likely what was reported for this game's original WINE AppDB entry for Wine 1.8.0.
That would be a big no-no for me as I would imagine tactical combat is a big aspect of the game. That's too bad. =/
Stardew Valley

The game runs perfectly so far (including saving/loading games); the only issue so far is the menu bar being visible in fullscreen mode.
Good to know, since I'm quite interested in that one. That said, I'll probably hold off for a little while until some of the existing bugs get ironed out.
I'm surprised this one isn't on the list yet as it's an easy job to do:

Alien vs Predator Classic 2000

Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 (64-bit)
Intel Iris 5100
OpenGL 4.0
Wine1.7.52
Winetricks: winXP, d3dx9_36

Runs perfectly without any issues, and, yes, it has to be that specific dx9 winetrick since any other will display funky red boxes around all letters of in-game text. Obviously, multiplayer does not work as it requires GOG Galaxy.

Also, it has to be running via x11 drivers. On Mac-native for some reason the sound simply does not work. *shrug*
Post edited March 13, 2016 by mistermumbles
mistermumbles: That would be a big no-no for me as I would imagine tactical combat is a big aspect of the game. That's too bad. =/
As an addendum to this, I also tried with CrossOver 15.01, with no difference. It's disappointing but apart from that the game works perfectly. That being said, tactical combat is a big part of the game, but it's not necessarily a deal-breaker IMO. I got this game on its 50%-off launch sale so I don't feel too cheated, but for the time being I don't think I would recommend getting this at full price until this issue is fixed.

I also hasten to add that this seems to be an issue with Intel Integrated HD graphics only, from what I've gathered. (However, I haven't tested it yet on my MacBook Air with nVidia graphics.)

My next step is to try out Slice's Winesherry engine in Wineskin. I'll post back with details on how that works out.

mistermumbles: Good to know, since I'm quite interested in that one. That said, I'll probably hold off for a little while until some of the existing bugs get ironed out.
AFAIK the only bug I've seen so far is the menu bar being visible in full screen; apart from that, I haven't encountered any issues at all. The Wineskin thread on the official game forums has pretty much covered all of the issues people are having...even enabling XBox 360 controller support.
Speaking of Xbox 360 controller support... Judas, did you see my post on x360ce? Just hoping that it helped you get it working. :-)
niniendowarrior: Speaking of Xbox 360 controller support... Judas, did you see my post on x360ce? Just hoping that it helped you get it working. :-)
I did see your post, thank you :) I'll try it and report back :)

It's just weird that you need to go through such a routine for Guacamelee when for Way of the Samurai 4, all I needed was an xinput dll and an xpadder profile in the same directory as the game's executable and everything worked fine...
niniendowarrior: Speaking of Xbox 360 controller support... Judas, did you see my post on x360ce? Just hoping that it helped you get it working. :-)
JudasIscariot: I did see your post, thank you :) I'll try it and report back :)

It's just weird that you need to go through such a routine for Guacamelee when for Way of the Samurai 4, all I needed was an xinput dll and an xpadder profile in the same directory as the game's executable and everything worked fine...
I think in theory, x360ce works in a similar way, but it turns out it's quite a chore to get to work on Wine. The newest version seems to require dotnet40 which is throwing some serious issues with Wine. I think using an older x360ce might be the way to go. After you setup the profile, it should be just as simple as dropping the dlls into the folder of the executable. I think in the Steam forum link I posted a page back, there was some special flags that needed to be enabled for Guacamelee. I wish you success and good luck! :-)
niniendowarrior: dotnet just for controller support sounds odd to me.
It's just to run the program that creates the configuration file. I don't think I ever got it running though, no matter what I tried. In the end I wrote my own x360ce.ini by hand. I'm not sure what I based it on, because there probably isn't any documentation. But I've used it with a bunch of games since with no big issues, or at least no issues I couldn't figure out and work around. And no need for dotnet.

LEGO Harry Potter actually took a bit of a rewrite though since I wanted to play it with my daughter using xbone and x360 controllers.
niniendowarrior: dotnet just for controller support sounds odd to me.
Rixasha: It's just to run the program that creates the configuration file. I don't think I ever got it running though, no matter what I tried. In the end I wrote my own x360ce.ini by hand. I'm not sure what I based it on, because there probably isn't any documentation. But I've used it with a bunch of games since with no big issues, or at least no issues I couldn't figure out and work around. And no need for dotnet.

LEGO Harry Potter actually took a bit of a rewrite though since I wanted to play it with my daughter using xbone and x360 controllers.
Would you care to share this ini?