It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: Just distro hopping :)
Yes. I was suggesting Arch as the next hop, but you could always go with Debian Testing instead...
Post edited March 05, 2016 by Gydion
Gydion: Yes. I was suggesting Arch as the next hop, but you could always go with Debian Testing instead...
Already tried Arch. I managed to install it and get a desktop environment going (LXDE) but it's way too finnicky for my tastes.
I don't know if it's me or my compiled Wine but Darkest Dungeon doesn't want to run for me due to crashing on launch with this error:

unimplemented function msvcr120.dll.?_Id@_CurrentScheduler@details@Concurrency@@SAIXZ called in 32-bit code.

I am running the game like I did before so WInXP mode, 32-bit prefix with vcrun2013 and d3dx9 installed. Tried various overrides and I either get segfaults or the aforementioned error.

Not trying to spread FUD or anything :)
Post edited March 05, 2016 by JudasIscariot
Gydion: Yes. I was suggesting Arch as the next hop, but you could always go with Debian Testing instead...
Well, I ended up going with an Arch derivative for now :D

I am currently using Antergos, which uses the official Arch repos, and I installed Wine from the official repos. It comes as a multilib version so I have to simply set a 32-bit prefix for 32-bit games. Also, they maintain a winetricks package which installs the latest winetricks version for you which is really nice :D

I have tested Darkest Dungeon with Wine 1.9.4 from the official repos.

First, I now have pulse audio support and it was as simple as downloading the 32-bit pulse libraries.

The game runs swimmingly after installing vcrun2013 and d3dx9 as usual :)

Now I can try Super TIme Force Ultra :)
te_lanus: I always overkill :P install almost everything :D DX9 Corefonts (DX9 I normally do a full install, using Jun2010) and install all the redist that comes with the game.
rampancy: DX9 didn't work, and I assumed that Wineskin on OS X installs corefonts by default, but come to think of it, that may not be the case.

JudasIscariot: I ran innoextract on the installer because for some reason it just up and quits without installing the game on Fedora 23. (wine-1.9.4-staging is what my current distro keeps installing...)

Here's what I saw inside:

vcredist_x86_2010.exe
vcredist_x64_2010.exe
directx_Jun2010_redist.exe

So it looks like you should start with vcrun2010 and either d3dx9 or some other DirectX-related winetrick :)
rampancy: Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to keep it in mind next time I see Super Time Force at a 75% discount. :)
OK, I can confirm the game works on my Wine 1.9.4.

Clean 32-bit prefix.

Winetricks = vcrun2010 d3dx9

Run the installer and then the patch. You need to patch the game or otherwise it won't even run.

For Xbox 360 Wired controller support, find an Xpadder file that has the controller properly configured and drop it in the same directory as the game's executable file.
dtgreene: Here are my two requests (which I've mentioned in other threads):

Shante and the Pirate's Curse
Guacamelee: Super Championship Turbo Edition
Clean 32-bit prefix.

Winetricks = vcrun2012

wine Noctropolis.exe

Works perfectly on Wine 1.9.4 :)

edit: I could've sworn you asked about Noctropolis earlier...
I figured you might like some system info since I think I will be staying with this one for a while:

Distro: Antergos Linux
Kernel: 4.4.3-1-ARCH x86_64 (64 bit)
Card: NVIDIA GF110 [GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores]
GLX Renderer: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 361.28

Let me know if you need anything else :)
JudasIscariot: Let me know if you need anything else :)
Free games? *insert evil laughter here*
Post edited March 05, 2016 by te_lanus
dtgreene: Here are my two requests (which I've mentioned in other threads):

Shante and the Pirate's Curse
Guacamelee: Super Championship Turbo Edition
As for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse:

Good news:

It's a 32-bit application

$file Shantae\ and\ the\ Pirate\'s\ Curse.exe
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.exe: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows.

With the game being a 32-bit application there is hope for it running under Wine some day.

Bad news:

It uses DirectX 11 and it does not run at all on my Wine 1.9.4. When attempting to launch the game it crashes with an exception. See the attached screenshot.

This was all on a clean 32-bit prefix.
Attachments:
JudasIscariot: It comes as a multilib version so I have to simply set a 32-bit prefix for 32-bit games.
You can just add export WINEARCH=win32 to e.g. your ~/.bashrc file to default to 32-bit prefix if you haven't already.
Also, post #1 updated.
I'm pretty sure Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut GOG works in Wine. In fact, I finished the game and it came with controller support as well. :D

Here's the appdb entry: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=28057

Some notes from my blog:
$ winetricks d3dx9_26 d3dx9_28 d3dx9_31 d3dx9_35 d3dx9_36 d3dx9_39 d3dx9_42 d3dx9_43 d3dx9 directx9 physx vcrun2003 vcrun2005 vcrun2008 vcrun2010 vcrun6sp6 vcrun6 wmp10 xact_jun2010 xact xinput

Using the GOG installer, I used /verysilent parameter.

Run Assassin's Creed using the Direct3D 9 exe.

While playing I used 1.7.27 and when I upgraded to 1.7.30 (at the time), the sunlight became too bright, so that seems to be a regression. Reverting back to 1.7.27 resolved my issue. ;-)

Controller support was done by using x360ce on the same Wine folder as AC.

System: Kernel: 3.13.0-79-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Gnome Distro: Ubuntu 14.04 trusty
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA GF108 [GeForce GT 430]
X.Org: 1.15.1 drivers: nvidia (unloaded: fbdev,vesa,nouveau) Resolution: 1366x768@59.8hz
GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 430/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 4.4.0 NVIDIA 340.96
Post edited March 09, 2016 by niniendowarrior
Does Star Wars: Starfighter work under Wine. Trying to get my Steam copy to work, and am succeeding in a way, but the keyboard's input seems to be lacking, I can play using my xbox360 controller, but no keyboard :(
pablodusk: Good idea! I'm curious about Pax Imperia - Eminent Domain, if Judas™ reads this.
Pax Imperia works out of the box but here's what I got in Wine 1.9.4:

- The game insists on starting in a window and I don't see any options in the game to make it go full screen. I even tried emulating a virtual desktop set to 1920 x 1200 but it did not help.

- The intro plays just fine and so does the intro music but I don't hear any music once I am in the actual game itself. I am not sure if that's how the game was originally or what.

Other than that just run the setup file and then "wine Pax Imperia.exe" and have fun :)
rampancy: Has Judas (tm) managed to try the new Turok game in Wine?
Turok has recently received a Mac version which we are waiting on currently.
For anyone on OS X who's been trying to get Stardew Valley to work, the incredible efforts of the people at the Stardew Valley forums have resulted in a working, near-perfect Wineskin port of Stardew Valley, compatible with both GOG and Steam versions of the game. What's notable is that the community created their own custom patched version of WINE 1.9.4 to make it all work.

All you need to do is install directx9, dotnet4, and XNA in Winetricks first (in that order).

rampancy: Has Judas (tm) managed to try the new Turok game in Wine?
JudasIscariot: Turok has recently received a Mac version which we are waiting on currently.
SQUEE!