It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG GALAXY 2.0, the free application to bring together all your games and friends in one place is now available for everyone to test. Visit our GOG GALAXY page and join other gamers.

Let’s put an end to resource-heavy clients running all the time and us juggling between multiple apps to access our games and see what our friends are playing. GOG GALAXY 2.0 conveniently shows you all your games as one library and makes it easier than ever to stay in touch with your friends across PC and console platforms.

For the past few years, we’ve seen continuous fragmentation of our game collections and gaming friends lists, further proving the need for an application that unites them all,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “And I’m sure there are even more clients and launchers on the way,” Karwowski adds. “We’re amazed and thankful for the reaction from the community to the app and taking it even further by creating integrations with 20 gaming platforms – allowing everyone to see all their games and friends in GOG GALAXY 2.0.

The closed beta brought numerous big updates like seeing friends’ online status from different platforms in GOG GALAXY 2.0 or adding Global Search. The latter allows multiple options – finding games and friends, launching games with a single press of a key and giving the ability to manually add any game to the library.

We’re waiting for your feedback!

We can’t wait to see what you have to say about GOG GALAXY 2.0! Let us know what you think and want to see improved – share feedback via the in-app option, GOG GALAXY social media, and the official forum.

Learn about what you can do in GOG GALAXY 2.0

Download the app and connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with your other preferred platforms through 20 official and community-created integrations. Import and organize all your PC and console games in one library, install and launch PC titles, keep track of your progress and see your friends’ status, achievements and game time across all gaming platforms. The app is also the best way to run and update your DRM-free GOG.COM games library. Everything is designed with your privacy in mind – no spying, no sharing with third parties, and all your data belongs to you.

You can join the GOG GALAXY 2.0 Open Beta now by downloading the app for Windows or Mac.
ThorChild: Any news on other Windows options? Like is it fine (going to be fine) with 7 & 8 etc? Or is it one of those 'Windows 10' only deals?
MarkoH01: It runs fine on Win7 (have tested it quite a while already) even though minimum requirements officially are Win8 and newer.
Thanks for the info! I want to keep using 7 until the heat death of the Universe.
high rated
GOG.com: We’re waiting for your feedback!
ghostrider176: I want a Linux client. Valve showed that it can be done. They explicitly only supported one version of one Linux distribution (Ubuntu) and the Arch Linux wiki had installation instructions within 24 hours of *closed beta* becoming available.

Please release a Linux client.
There is a lot of us who wan't that. Heck its the most requested Galaxy feature in the community wishlist. But gog officially stopped development on Galaxy Linux Client two years ago as said by gog employee Linuxvangog at that time. Doubt anything has changed since then. Gog has been lacking Linux developers for a longtime.
Post edited December 09, 2019 by Matruchus
Swedrami: And once again no mention whatsoever of Galaxy's by far greatest feature:
Optional and not mandatory* for:
-purchasing games
-downloading games
-installing games
-playing games
-updating games
-uninstalling games

*If you couldn't care less about multiplayer functionality, achievements, etc.
Unfortunately Galaxy already is not optional but mandatory to:
- get access to older versions of games
- get access to public beta channels of games
- get official support for GOG games (1)
- change the language of an installed game (2)

And last but not least, although not officially confirmed, Galaxy might not be optional but mandatory to bring missing Linux versions of some games to GOG.

(1) I do appreciate that GOG adds the Linux versions as unsupported extras. It's better than nothing. And I would enjoy it when they would do that for more games. But it's just another example that Galaxy is not as optional as it is always claimed.
(2) This problem already might be fixed, but I do not own the game to verify it.
Post edited December 10, 2019 by eiii
eiii: And last but not least, although not officially confirmed, Galaxy might not be optional but mandatory to bring missing Linux versions of some games to GOG.

(1) I do appreciate that GOG adds the Linux versions as unsupported extras. It's better than nothing. And I would enjoy it when they would do that for more games. But it's just another example that Galaxy is not as optional as it is always claimed.
(2) This problem already might be fixed, but I do not own the game to verify it.
Which game has the Linux version in the bonus section?
Klumpen0815: Which game has the Linux version in the bonus section?
Several of the SNK games (Metal Slug, Shock Troupers, ...).
Post edited December 10, 2019 by eiii
Is there no "Your Profile" in Galaxy 2.0 ? ;(

Aside from that, it's pretty awesome!
Post edited December 10, 2019 by falloutttt
high rated
Swedrami: And once again no mention whatsoever of Galaxy's by far greatest feature:
Optional and not mandatory* for:
-purchasing games
-downloading games
-installing games
-playing games
-updating games
-uninstalling games

*If you couldn't care less about multiplayer functionality, achievements, etc.
eiii: Unfortunately Galaxy already is not optional but mandatory to:
- get access to older versions of games
- get access to public beta channels of games
- get official support for GOG games (1)
- change the language of an installed game (2)

And last but not least, although not officially confirmed, Galaxy might not be optional but mandatory to bring missing Linux versions of some games to GOG.

So in the thread full of people complaining that there is no Linux client you are claiming that a client is required or will be required for Linux support?

And you’re complaining about new functionality being in a client that didn’t previously exist without it. I’m pretty sure it was never possible to change the language on an installed game without reinstall unless it was a native function of the game. This just seems like a laundry list of baseless complaints.
high rated
Linux please.... Its annoying that we cannot have a launcher for our games and have to update manually if we choose to use it. If you release the code we can do the rest...
Thank you for allowing to hide the Store button. Now it's a true library management tool, not a sales channel. Please keep adding features for library management (even if specific to gog.com, I don't use integrations)!
high rated
linux please. There are plenty of games with online features, linux versions of which never arrived to gog storefront solely due to non-existence of alternative way to make them work
If I have GOG Galaxy 1.2.64 BETA installed, should I install 2.0 BETA manually or it will be updated automatically?
Is there a published list of the platform integrations already available?
How special I felt getting invited to the closed beta... three days ago. Then today I see this news and... uninstalling.

*ok, not really uninstalling, but that's how I felt :\
Post edited December 10, 2019 by fuzzknuckle
Am I the only Linux user that doesn't care if this is ported? I never used Galaxy when I used Windows and I have no plans to use it on Linux. Although, if it had proton support I'd consider it. Just keep it as optional and let me keep downloading the standalone installers and I'm happy.
Zoidberg: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-7-end-of-life-support-information

End of support for Windows 7 next January.
MarkoH01: I already knew this and never said anything else but it only means that MS is not providing anymore security updates - nothing more. It does not say a single thing about future games or applications not working on Win7 anymore. Like I said, Galaxy 2 is supposed to require Win8 but is running fine for me on Win7 as well.
Thank for the info, I am 7 user as well, and was afraid to not be able to install it. We’ll see how long they will support it. I do not want to switch yet.