It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG GALAXY 2.0, the free application to bring together all your games and friends in one place is now available for everyone to test. Visit our GOG GALAXY page and join other gamers.

Let’s put an end to resource-heavy clients running all the time and us juggling between multiple apps to access our games and see what our friends are playing. GOG GALAXY 2.0 conveniently shows you all your games as one library and makes it easier than ever to stay in touch with your friends across PC and console platforms.

For the past few years, we’ve seen continuous fragmentation of our game collections and gaming friends lists, further proving the need for an application that unites them all,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “And I’m sure there are even more clients and launchers on the way,” Karwowski adds. “We’re amazed and thankful for the reaction from the community to the app and taking it even further by creating integrations with 20 gaming platforms – allowing everyone to see all their games and friends in GOG GALAXY 2.0.

The closed beta brought numerous big updates like seeing friends’ online status from different platforms in GOG GALAXY 2.0 or adding Global Search. The latter allows multiple options – finding games and friends, launching games with a single press of a key and giving the ability to manually add any game to the library.

We’re waiting for your feedback!

We can’t wait to see what you have to say about GOG GALAXY 2.0! Let us know what you think and want to see improved – share feedback via the in-app option, GOG GALAXY social media, and the official forum.

Learn about what you can do in GOG GALAXY 2.0

Download the app and connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with your other preferred platforms through 20 official and community-created integrations. Import and organize all your PC and console games in one library, install and launch PC titles, keep track of your progress and see your friends’ status, achievements and game time across all gaming platforms. The app is also the best way to run and update your DRM-free GOG.COM games library. Everything is designed with your privacy in mind – no spying, no sharing with third parties, and all your data belongs to you.

You can join the GOG GALAXY 2.0 Open Beta now by downloading the app for Windows or Mac.
huan: I believe "act of god" is official lawyerese for such cases. Or at least insurance companies use it in their contracts.
"An act of God describes an event outside of human control or activity. It's usually a natural disaster, such as a flood or an earthquake. Insurance policies usually specify which particular acts of God they cover. In business, the phrase “act of God” is not associated with any particular religion or belief system."

https://www.google.com/search?q=act+of+God&rlz=1C1CHBD_enIT869IT869&oq=act+of+God&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

In Italian we say something like Force Majeure, but...guess what? In Italian.
Ashleee: Releasing GOG Galaxy 2.0 won’t affect our DRM-free policy :)
Does Galaxy 2.0 do ownership verification for multi-player or is it possible to play with a spouse in the same household using it for a game that doesn't support LAN?
Has stopped working on my very old mac, that ran Galaxy blissfully, although I do not remember I did an update - which it kept requesting me to do?
nightcraw1er.488: It’s not just drm, that maybe a longer term goal. Ostensibly (and as many have argued on here before), once you use steam client to download one of their drm free games, of which there are plenty, then you have the game. Just the same with galaxy. And (and I disagree with this, but this is what was presented) using a browser to download the game, same as steam or galaxy. True, games on steam can implement CEG or other DRM, much the same as Paradox can have their own tie to account, or Goblinns inc or gwent can be online only. In fact, your “offline installers” mostly come with galaxy components (not going to get into what they dobdont do here), suffice to say most no longer function without those components. This, other than cheaper prices on steam (due to key sellers) and a larger selection, a lot of which is drm’d (and hence will not come here anyways. there really is no difference between gog and steam.
It will be interesting some years down the line if they even bother with the offline installers, just have the option in galaxy to download them, and have one single installer file. I imagine that is the goal, one installer, and people using galaxy. Doesn’t necessarily mean drm, A’s has been pointed out many times by people to me, use of a client is not drm, however it certainly lubricates the process to using it. And especially when you consider how people are telling me so many gamers do not know any better, maybe once those few who complain are pushed out...
MarkoH01: So what have changed since Galaxy 1 then? People were scared that the offline installers (and the possibility to download using a browser) would vanish but the only thing that actually happened was the idea of including Galaxy into them ... which they reverted after the harsh feedback they received. Galaxy 1 have been available for years now and we still have the offline installers. I ask again: what exactly changed with Galaxy 2 and why have panic now?
There are things which have changed. Offline installers now come with galaxy components such as galaxy.dll and will not run without it. Not o let that but old installers which did not have are retroactively being updated without. Sure, that’s a good example, if people hadn’t panicked and protested we would only have galaxy installers, so why not panic and protest now, as you say, nothing has changed since then. I am not panicking, merely stating what is, like it or not.
As far as I am concerned galaxy is and always has been the worse thing from this store, and all that it brings, and it will become the defacto far sooner than we imagine.
high rated
A fair word of warning to any new users: This is open beta for a reason. The program works (and it has since the first closed beta was handed out to the people signing up. I was part of it then.) but it is somewhat unstable especially if you have a very large game collection. It has a tendency to reload the entire collection when you try to add games manually and if you, like me, have a collection of several thousand games on steam and gog.com then it can basically start crapping itself and stop loading the collection on startup leading to only a couple of games being shown. I have ended up not integrating steam for this very reason and I reckon I won't until we are at least out of beta.
MarkoH01: Make this "officially supported". MS has given up on XP a very long time ago and I was able to use it years after (not talking about any missing security updates here - just the pure fact that games/apps will probably still work since Win7 and Win10 are not THAT much different as long as they don't plan to use DX12 which is Win10 only ... then again, the min requirements are officially Win8 which is more or less the same as Win7.

Since closed Beta I had this run on my Win7 and did not experience any problems other than typical and already fixed "beta" problems. So it will run. Cannot guarantee if this will still be the case in future.
Zoidberg: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-7-end-of-life-support-information

End of support for Windows 7 next January.
I already knew this and never said anything else but it only means that MS is not providing anymore security updates - nothing more. It does not say a single thing about future games or applications not working on Win7 anymore. Like I said, Galaxy 2 is supposed to require Win8 but is running fine for me on Win7 as well.
keeveek: Thanks for never inviting me to the closed beta, GOG, even though I signed up on the first day and I have bought over 600 games from you ;-)

Much appreciated.
Fallen_Zen: As far as I understand we've sent invites to everyone who signed up to closed beta. Why the invitation e-mail has not reached you? I don't know to be honest.
Hard to tell. I've been checking my inbox regurarily, including the Spam folder. And got nothing. I don't think you guys deliberately omitted me of course.

But I expected nothing, and still was disappointed :P
MarkoH01: Which would basically be the death of GOG like I stated before. It still puzzles me how this is so hard to understand.
synfresh: They are not going to make it mandatory. What they will do is promote the hell out of it, to the point where as time goes on the casual gamer might equate GoG more with Galaxy than DRM-Free (since let's be fair, Galaxy is literally the exact opposite of DRM-Free).
I don't think that Gaalxy is the opposite of DRM-free as long as it is not mandatory and games can be played without it. I also don't have any problems if GOG is promoting what they developed as long as I am not forced to use it. Last but not least, why should I care what the casual gamer is thinking about GOG as long as it is clear that the moment they go full Steam (meaning REQUIRE A CLIENT) I am out and ... probably several more - imo far too many that GOG would survive ... therefore they won't do it as long as they cannot compete with Steam.
high rated
It works on W7.

No sorting by purchase date? Really?
Post edited December 09, 2019 by tburger
Zoidberg: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-7-end-of-life-support-information

End of support for Windows 7 next January.
MarkoH01: I already knew this and never said anything else but it only means that MS is not providing anymore security updates - nothing more. It does not say a single thing about future games or applications not working on Win7 anymore. Like I said, Galaxy 2 is supposed to require Win8 but is running fine for me on Win7 as well.
Nobody cares about what OS Microsoft is suppmorting here, but what OS is GOG supporting.

The fact that MS stops supporting a specific version DOES imply some things for the GOG Support.

I implied nothing else.
nightcraw1er.488: There are things which have changed. Offline installers now come with galaxy components such as galaxy.dll and will not run without it.
As far as I know not all games do need these files to run - but agreed some or even several do in fact not start if those DLLs are absent. I don't see an actual problem here though because without the Galaxy service being running no Galaxy functions should work and therefore it would be like any other DLL which happens to be named Galaxy. But yes, those things changed ... but I never said nothing changed, I said that they never forced the Galaxy client or integrated actual DRM during Galaxy 1.

nightcraw1er.488: if people hadn’t panicked and protested we would only have galaxy installers, so why not panic and protest now, as you say, nothing has changed since then. I am not panicking, merely stating what is, like it or not.
Maybe we would have Galaxy installers meaning installers which contained Galaxy but still did not require to install them.If I remember correctly it was set as an option to install Galaxy with the game or not - the files might have been mandatory to download (which was a really bad idea) but installation never was. And regarding the "like it or not" part: I am doing the same like you - just stating facts and pointing out arguments and logical behavior. I might disagree in some parts with your opinion buit that does not mean that I dislike it. Opinions imo are valid as long as they are reasonable.

nightcraw1er.488: As far as I am concerned galaxy is and always has been the worse thing from this store, and all that it brings, and it will become the defacto far sooner than we imagine.
And that is your opinion - which I simply don't share at all.
And games Blizzard, Twich (Amazon), itch.io? I couldn't add their library.
high rated
viranimus: This is indirect DRM as my posts have detailed. It is not traditional form of DRM. Can you say that in perpetuity that GOG users will ALWAYS have an avenue to access their purchased content without having to agree to a new set of terms and conditions?
That's the main point of DRM-free, it doesn't really matter. No business can say that stuff will "always" be one way or another, and if they do they are lying, perpetuity doesn't exists for businesses; maybe in six months Gog will be bought by Google and all Gog games will become streaming only, or they will close or they will update their EULA to require a blood test before you can download anything, etc...

But even if tomorrow Gog change for the worse and start putting DRM on all their games, they won't be able to do anything for the installers you already downloaded, they won't be able to remotely deactivate any of the games you download, you will still be able to start your games even if their server are offline, and if you decide to backup all your games and never come back you can too.

That's the true power of DRM-free, once your downloaded your games you can do whatever you want with them, it's not some hope that an online service will never update its term of service or will never change (for better or for worse) for perpetuity.
high rated
GOG.com: We’re waiting for your feedback!
I want a Linux client. Valve showed that it can be done. They explicitly only supported one version of one Linux distribution (Ubuntu) and the Arch Linux wiki had installation instructions within 24 hours of *closed beta* becoming available.

Please release a Linux client.
victorchopin: BLADE RUNNER???

when????

ahhhhhh!!!
They keep teasing us with this stuff! :(
When GOG Galaxy was announced they had Halo 2 and Master Chief Collection in the game library screenshots, I was hoping they would come to GOG along with the Steam release, but evidently that hasn't happened.