It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG GALAXY 2.0, the free application to bring together all your games and friends in one place is now available for everyone to test. Visit our GOG GALAXY page and join other gamers.

Let’s put an end to resource-heavy clients running all the time and us juggling between multiple apps to access our games and see what our friends are playing. GOG GALAXY 2.0 conveniently shows you all your games as one library and makes it easier than ever to stay in touch with your friends across PC and console platforms.

For the past few years, we’ve seen continuous fragmentation of our game collections and gaming friends lists, further proving the need for an application that unites them all,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “And I’m sure there are even more clients and launchers on the way,” Karwowski adds. “We’re amazed and thankful for the reaction from the community to the app and taking it even further by creating integrations with 20 gaming platforms – allowing everyone to see all their games and friends in GOG GALAXY 2.0.

The closed beta brought numerous big updates like seeing friends’ online status from different platforms in GOG GALAXY 2.0 or adding Global Search. The latter allows multiple options – finding games and friends, launching games with a single press of a key and giving the ability to manually add any game to the library.

We’re waiting for your feedback!

We can’t wait to see what you have to say about GOG GALAXY 2.0! Let us know what you think and want to see improved – share feedback via the in-app option, GOG GALAXY social media, and the official forum.

Learn about what you can do in GOG GALAXY 2.0

Download the app and connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with your other preferred platforms through 20 official and community-created integrations. Import and organize all your PC and console games in one library, install and launch PC titles, keep track of your progress and see your friends’ status, achievements and game time across all gaming platforms. The app is also the best way to run and update your DRM-free GOG.COM games library. Everything is designed with your privacy in mind – no spying, no sharing with third parties, and all your data belongs to you.

You can join the GOG GALAXY 2.0 Open Beta now by downloading the app for Windows or Mac.
I noticed the Galaxy page says windows 8 or newer and Mac OS, does this mean it outright wont work on windows 7 or it will but wont be officially supported? just wondering since 7 and 8 are quite similar.
high rated
I understand that companies put the binding Arbitration Clause to limit liability. This being said, I find it nonsense that some companies use it as a backdoor to unfairly absolve themselves of deserved liability.
Because of boilerplate Arbitration Clause agreements when you use an electronics product like a console/music player/laptop/tablet, if bs like RRoD happens again you will be screwed and out of however much cash you paid for because of these clauses. I mean I see 2 people here understand the absurdity of these boilerplate clauses.
Let me put it plain as can be, if I use my console to download digital only games, don't jailbreak it or do anything untoward should I have to pay out for a new console if an update bricks it? What about downloading apps on an Apple product?
Can the rest of you now understand the absurdity of having boilerplate Arbitration? Seriously read through the TOS on some products and understand how onerous they are. I straight up declined CBS All Access under their app. through the Roku, that I found it so disgusting. Maybe I'll try it through another service where they are subject to another companies terms.
Oh and to GOG I wanted to ask...for Windows will Cyberpunk 2077 be 10 only? If so, will there be a Linux option?
Welcome aboard, gamers.
ThorChild: Any news on other Windows options? Like is it fine (going to be fine) with 7 & 8 etc? Or is it one of those 'Windows 10' only deals?
Zoidberg: Windows 7 isn't supported anymore by Microsoft (if I'm not mistaken), so I wouldn't bet on this one being supported for very long.
Make this "officially supported". MS has given up on XP a very long time ago and I was able to use it years after (not talking about any missing security updates here - just the pure fact that games/apps will probably still work since Win7 and Win10 are not THAT much different as long as they don't plan to use DX12 which is Win10 only ... then again, the min requirements are officially Win8 which is more or less the same as Win7.
MJVandershonk: I noticed the Galaxy page says windows 8 or newer and Mac OS, does this mean it outright wont work on windows 7 or it will but wont be officially supported? just wondering since 7 and 8 are quite similar.
Since closed Beta I had this run on my Win7 and did not experience any problems other than typical and already fixed "beta" problems. So it will run. Cannot guarantee if this will still be the case in future.
Post edited December 09, 2019 by MarkoH01
Zoidberg: Windows 7 isn't supported anymore by Microsoft (if I'm not mistaken), so I wouldn't bet on this one being supported for very long.
MarkoH01: Make this "officially supported". MS has given up on XP a very long time ago and I was able to use it years after (not talking about any missing security updates here - just the pure fact that games/apps will probably still work since Win7 and Win10 are not THAT much different as long as they don't plan to use DX12 which is Win10 only ... then again, the min requirements are officially Win8 which is more or less the same as Win7.
MJVandershonk: I noticed the Galaxy page says windows 8 or newer and Mac OS, does this mean it outright wont work on windows 7 or it will but wont be officially supported? just wondering since 7 and 8 are quite similar.
MarkoH01: Since closed Beta I had this run on my Win7 and did not experience any problems other than typical and already fixed "beta" problems. So it will run. Cannot guarantee if this will still be the case in future.
Thats what I thought the case would be
This is likely just because microsoft is dropping support for windows 7 in a month. It doesn't mean it won't work, just that they won't support it anymore.
9. Force majeure

Neither you nor GOG will be liable for any failure to perform any obligation under this Agreement or to provide access to GOG GALAXY 2.0 if that failure is caused by the happening of any unforeseen event beyond your or our reasonable control including without limitation, Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.

------------------------------------------------

Who argued this should be part of the agreement, and how long did it take for the lawyers to stop laughing? =)
Post edited December 09, 2019 by Pangaea666
high rated
Pangaea666: 9. Force majeure

Neither you nor GOG will be liable for any failure to perform any obligation under this Agreement or to provide access to GOG GALAXY 2.0 if that failure is caused by the happening of any unforeseen event beyond your or our reasonable control including without limitation, Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.

Who argued this should be part of the agreement, and how long did it take for the lawyers to stop laughing? =)
The lawyers probably stopped laughing in law school. This is pretty standard phrasing, at least in insurance.
Pangaea666: 9. Force majeure

I believe "act of god" is official lawyerese for such cases. Or at least insurance companies use it in their contracts.
Ashleee: Releasing GOG Galaxy 2.0 won’t affect our DRM-free policy :)
Thank you :)
Been using it for a while now and wont go back. Playing all gmaes from all my platforms in one place is a god send.
low rated
MarkoH01: Make this "officially supported". MS has given up on XP a very long time ago and I was able to use it years after (not talking about any missing security updates here - just the pure fact that games/apps will probably still work since Win7 and Win10 are not THAT much different as long as they don't plan to use DX12 which is Win10 only ... then again, the min requirements are officially Win8 which is more or less the same as Win7.
MarkoH01: Since closed Beta I had this run on my Win7 and did not experience any problems other than typical and already fixed "beta" problems. So it will run. Cannot guarantee if this will still be the case in future.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-7-end-of-life-support-information

End of support for Windows 7 next January.
( ⚆ _ ⚆ ) BLADE RUNNER ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
robertgg: until you (gog) decide that galaxy is now mandatory for installing and playing our games.
MarkoH01: Which would basically be the death of GOG like I stated before. It still puzzles me how this is so hard to understand.
They are not going to make it mandatory. What they will do is promote the hell out of it, to the point where as time goes on the casual gamer might equate GoG more with Galaxy than DRM-Free (since let's be fair, Galaxy is literally the exact opposite of DRM-Free).
Seeing how common Windows 7 is, I suggest making an effort not to break compatibility with it until first of April.