It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG GALAXY 2.0, the free application to bring together all your games and friends in one place is now available for everyone to test. Visit our GOG GALAXY page and join other gamers.

Let’s put an end to resource-heavy clients running all the time and us juggling between multiple apps to access our games and see what our friends are playing. GOG GALAXY 2.0 conveniently shows you all your games as one library and makes it easier than ever to stay in touch with your friends across PC and console platforms.

For the past few years, we’ve seen continuous fragmentation of our game collections and gaming friends lists, further proving the need for an application that unites them all,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “And I’m sure there are even more clients and launchers on the way,” Karwowski adds. “We’re amazed and thankful for the reaction from the community to the app and taking it even further by creating integrations with 20 gaming platforms – allowing everyone to see all their games and friends in GOG GALAXY 2.0.

The closed beta brought numerous big updates like seeing friends’ online status from different platforms in GOG GALAXY 2.0 or adding Global Search. The latter allows multiple options – finding games and friends, launching games with a single press of a key and giving the ability to manually add any game to the library.

We’re waiting for your feedback!

We can’t wait to see what you have to say about GOG GALAXY 2.0! Let us know what you think and want to see improved – share feedback via the in-app option, GOG GALAXY social media, and the official forum.

Learn about what you can do in GOG GALAXY 2.0

Download the app and connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with your other preferred platforms through 20 official and community-created integrations. Import and organize all your PC and console games in one library, install and launch PC titles, keep track of your progress and see your friends’ status, achievements and game time across all gaming platforms. The app is also the best way to run and update your DRM-free GOG.COM games library. Everything is designed with your privacy in mind – no spying, no sharing with third parties, and all your data belongs to you.

You can join the GOG GALAXY 2.0 Open Beta now by downloading the app for Windows or Mac.
Fallen_Zen: Windows Vista is no longer supported OS by Microsoft also libraries and frameworks we use to develop GOG Galaxy 2.0 do not support Vista as well. We kinda were forced to drop it, sorry.
I know brother, my post isn't a condemnation of your development abilities, it's a statement of fact that I can't afford to move off an OS that's dead in the water.
op_2019_si: Until GOG has written on the site, that they are selling DRM-free games (and there will be offline installers aswell), I believe them and I will buy game in this store.

If this will change in the future, well... hope that won't be the case.
Ashleee: Releasing GOG Galaxy 2.0 won’t affect our DRM-free policy :)
This is indirect DRM as my posts have detailed. It is not traditional form of DRM. Can you say that in perpetuity that GOG users will ALWAYS have an avenue to access their purchased content without having to agree to a new set of terms and conditions?

I ask that because lets be honest, GOG has not had the best track record in the last few years of holding true to original principals and not reversing core values. I

With this post I have said my peace. I simply challenge people to understand what they are agreeing to and look at the potential consequences it will have as "No man is an island unto himself". Ill let Ashleee respond and Ill let others make up their own mind or try to find any facts that disprove anything I have said. I myself am in the process of backing up all my purchases and have been limited purchases since getting beta invite about a month ago. Its up to everyone to do what they think is in their best interests.
Post edited December 09, 2019 by viranimus
high rated
synfresh: I've always had the bigger question of how something like Galaxy 2.0 benefits GoG in the long term. Does it bring in new customers who will actually buy their games on GoG? I'm not so sure.
Well, if I am not mistaken, those who want to use Galaxy 2 at least will need a GOG account - so this MIGHT lead to additional sales.

Also, I am a DRM-free fan myself but when I am talking about DRM-free I am talking about the fact that I will be avle to play my games whenever I want without HAVING TO LOG IN ... I still can do this and I still fail to see what changed. Sorry, I am no lawyer so the long explanation did not help me much (add to this that English is not my first language) - it would help me much more if somebody could quote the part of the ToS they appearently added which is problematic.
Post edited December 09, 2019 by MarkoH01
high rated
GOG.com: You can join the GOG GALAXY 2.0 Open Beta now by downloading the app for Windows or Mac.
That's all I need to know from this announcement.
high rated
viranimus: This is indirect DRM as my posts have detailed. It is not traditional form of DRM. Can you say that in perpetuity that GOG users will ALWAYS have an avenue to access their purchased content without having to agree to a new set of terms and conditions?

I ask that because lets be honest, GOG has not had the best track record in the last few years of holding true to original principals and not reversing core values. I

With this post I have said my peace. I simply challenge people to understand what they are agreeing to and look at the potential consequences it will have as "No man is an island unto himself". Ill let Ashleee respond and Ill let others make up their own mind or try to find any facts that disprove anything I have said. I myself am in the process of backing up all my purchases and have been limited purchases since getting beta invite about a month ago. Its up to everyone to do what they think is in their best interests.
If GOG would go Steam they would lose - everybody should realize this. The main thing that is different is that GOG is DRM-free. You can still get the same games on Steam - in most cases cheaper and always up to date. So if GOG would make Galaxy 2 mandatory (which they did not do with Galaxy 1 despite so many saying that they would do this) why should we still buy on GOG? Yes, GOG still has the advantage that old games will run on newer systems but as many pointed out: those old classic releases are not the main focus anymore. So I am pretty sure that they would never introduce DRM since then GOG customers will go to Steam ... it's DRM either way, so why not? I cannot see any "proof" that they try to introduce DRM at all.
Post edited December 09, 2019 by MarkoH01
Does open beta mean I can finally change my very out of date email address you have without being locked out of the client?
op_2019_si: Until GOG has written on the site, that they are selling DRM-free games (and there will be offline installers aswell), I believe them and I will buy game in this store.

If this will change in the future, well... hope that won't be the case.
until you (gog) decide that galaxy is now mandatory for installing and playing our games.
viranimus: I hope you all who live at least in the US do understand that by signing on to Galaxy 2.0 you are not only signing away your legal rights, but by accepting those terms of service you are opening the door for the eventual process of indirect DRM at GOG as the arbitration clause becomes inevitable and effectively removes any and all serious accountability for however the terms of service are altered in the future.
Gog doing something underhanded by quietly eliminating one of their guiding principles from their early days? PAH! Don't be ridiculous! No way that's ever going to happen! Haven't you heard? They're the good guise!

Seriously though, I appreciate the heads up and the detailed explanation. I still use Win7, so as far as Galaxy 2.0 is concerned, I'm safe anyway. Lead me not into temptation and all that...
viranimus: This is indirect DRM as my posts have detailed. It is not traditional form of DRM. Can you say that in perpetuity that GOG users will ALWAYS have an avenue to access their purchased content without having to agree to a new set of terms and conditions?

MarkoH01: If GOG would go Steam they would lose - everybody should realize this. The main thing that is different is that GOG is DRM-free. You can still get the same games on Steam - in most cases cheaper and always up to date. So if GOG would make Galaxy 2 mandatory (which they did not do with Galaxy 1 despite so many saying that they would do this) why should we still buy on GOG? Yes, GOG still has the advantage that old games will run on newer systems but as many pointed out: those old classic releases are not the main focus anymore. So I am pretty sure that they would never introduce DRM since then GOG customers will go to Steam ... it's DRM either way, so why not? I cannot see any "proof" that they try to introduce DRM at all.
It’s not just drm, that maybe a longer term goal. Ostensibly (and as many have argued on here before), once you use steam client to download one of their drm free games, of which there are plenty, then you have the game. Just the same with galaxy. And (and I disagree with this, but this is what was presented) using a browser to download the game, same as steam or galaxy. True, games on steam can implement CEG or other DRM, much the same as Paradox can have their own tie to account, or Goblinns inc or gwent can be online only. In fact, your “offline installers” mostly come with galaxy components (not going to get into what they dobdont do here), suffice to say most no longer function without those components. This, other than cheaper prices on steam (due to key sellers) and a larger selection, a lot of which is drm’d (and hence will not come here anyways. there really is no difference between gog and steam.
It will be interesting some years down the line if they even bother with the offline installers, just have the option in galaxy to download them, and have one single installer file. I imagine that is the goal, one installer, and people using galaxy. Doesn’t necessarily mean drm, A’s has been pointed out many times by people to me, use of a client is not drm, however it certainly lubricates the process to using it. And especially when you consider how people are telling me so many gamers do not know any better, maybe once those few who complain are pushed out...
fronzelneekburm: They're the good guise!
:-D
Anyone saying games are cheaper on steam hasn't purchased a game on steam only to find the actual executeable to run it *wasn't included* and steam support's "solution" to the issue is to either tell you to literally pirate the game so you can *get* the missing file required to launch it, or jerk you around for two yearrs before finally admitting yes, maybe it's a bad idea to tell your customers you expect them to break the law because the copy of a game you sold didn'tt include a crucial file, and the original developer in most cases, is literally no longer in business so you can't foist fixing that screw up on them to fix, and oh by the way you're still not going to get a refund for a game you literally can't play, while they still keep the game with the issue for sale.

Whereas you know, you often find games available on steam on gog.com with a physically lower price *without* that isssue to begin with.
high rated
MarkoH01: If GOG would go Steam they would lose - everybody should realize this. The main thing that is different is that GOG is DRM-free. You can still get the same games on Steam - in most cases cheaper and always up to date. So if GOG would make Galaxy 2 mandatory (which they did not do with Galaxy 1 despite so many saying that they would do this) why should we still buy on GOG? Yes, GOG still has the advantage that old games will run on newer systems but as many pointed out: those old classic releases are not the main focus anymore. So I am pretty sure that they would never introduce DRM since then GOG customers will go to Steam ... it's DRM either way, so why not? I cannot see any "proof" that they try to introduce DRM at all.
nightcraw1er.488: It’s not just drm, that maybe a longer term goal. Ostensibly (and as many have argued on here before), once you use steam client to download one of their drm free games, of which there are plenty, then you have the game. Just the same with galaxy. And (and I disagree with this, but this is what was presented) using a browser to download the game, same as steam or galaxy. True, games on steam can implement CEG or other DRM, much the same as Paradox can have their own tie to account, or Goblinns inc or gwent can be online only. In fact, your “offline installers” mostly come with galaxy components (not going to get into what they dobdont do here), suffice to say most no longer function without those components. This, other than cheaper prices on steam (due to key sellers) and a larger selection, a lot of which is drm’d (and hence will not come here anyways. there really is no difference between gog and steam.
It will be interesting some years down the line if they even bother with the offline installers, just have the option in galaxy to download them, and have one single installer file. I imagine that is the goal, one installer, and people using galaxy. Doesn’t necessarily mean drm, A’s has been pointed out many times by people to me, use of a client is not drm, however it certainly lubricates the process to using it. And especially when you consider how people are telling me so many gamers do not know any better, maybe once those few who complain are pushed out...
So what have changed since Galaxy 1 then? People were scared that the offline installers (and the possibility to download using a browser) would vanish but the only thing that actually happened was the idea of including Galaxy into them ... which they reverted after the harsh feedback they received. Galaxy 1 have been available for years now and we still have the offline installers. I ask again: what exactly changed with Galaxy 2 and why have panic now?
low rated
Congrats, GOG, I've already 100% adopted Galaxy 2 as my client of choice!

TheMonkofDestiny: Got invited to the closed beta two months ago (to the day, in fact). Couldn't run it then, can't run it now due to the fact that I'm using Vista as my OS.
Good, because they shouldn't support Vista anyway to be honest.

edit: nevermind, read your answer. :P
Post edited December 09, 2019 by Zoidberg
Doomjedi: Anyone saying games are cheaper on steam hasn't purchased a game on steam only to find the actual executeable to run it *wasn't included* and steam support's "solution" to the issue is to either tell you to literally pirate the game so you can *get* the missing file required to launch it, or jerk you around for two yearrs before finally admitting yes, maybe it's a bad idea to tell your customers you expect them to break the law because the copy of a game you sold didn'tt include a crucial file, and the original developer in most cases, is literally no longer in business so you can't foist fixing that screw up on them to fix, and oh by the way you're still not going to get a refund for a game you literally can't play, while they still keep the game with the issue for sale.

Whereas you know, you often find games available on steam on gog.com with a physically lower price *without* that isssue to begin with.
I was talking about the general rule and in most cases they are cheaper, faster and up to date. Unfortunately all things that are often not the case on GOG (I wish it was different but it is not). In the case you described above people could just refund, get their money back and be done with it. I am not a Steam fan but since they have this refund policy there's not much risk ion buying agame there which just refuses to run at all (more problematic if the bug occurs at a later state of the game of course).
high rated
The Terms you brought up were related to waiving a customers right to class action lawsuits against the vendor. That doesn't have anything to do with DRM and it's a stretch to say that it is a back door way to implement DRM. That law seems like more of a method to reduce liability for their company than anything else.

You're basing a specific fear of something happening on a specific fear of a single clause in the terms of service, but those things aren't correlated in any real way.

You're making an argument that amounts to saying a bagel shop implementing a policy that they will refuse service to patrons who aren't wearing a shirt means they will eventually stop serving bagels.

I don't like the clause and find it legally dubious. I don't think it would fly in any country but the US. And I don't want any DRM in the games sold here... I just think that you're really reaching in your argument.