It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG GALAXY 2.0, the free application to bring together all your games and friends in one place is now available for everyone to test. Visit our GOG GALAXY page and join other gamers.

Let’s put an end to resource-heavy clients running all the time and us juggling between multiple apps to access our games and see what our friends are playing. GOG GALAXY 2.0 conveniently shows you all your games as one library and makes it easier than ever to stay in touch with your friends across PC and console platforms.

For the past few years, we’ve seen continuous fragmentation of our game collections and gaming friends lists, further proving the need for an application that unites them all,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “And I’m sure there are even more clients and launchers on the way,” Karwowski adds. “We’re amazed and thankful for the reaction from the community to the app and taking it even further by creating integrations with 20 gaming platforms – allowing everyone to see all their games and friends in GOG GALAXY 2.0.

The closed beta brought numerous big updates like seeing friends’ online status from different platforms in GOG GALAXY 2.0 or adding Global Search. The latter allows multiple options – finding games and friends, launching games with a single press of a key and giving the ability to manually add any game to the library.

We’re waiting for your feedback!

We can’t wait to see what you have to say about GOG GALAXY 2.0! Let us know what you think and want to see improved – share feedback via the in-app option, GOG GALAXY social media, and the official forum.

Learn about what you can do in GOG GALAXY 2.0

Download the app and connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with your other preferred platforms through 20 official and community-created integrations. Import and organize all your PC and console games in one library, install and launch PC titles, keep track of your progress and see your friends’ status, achievements and game time across all gaming platforms. The app is also the best way to run and update your DRM-free GOG.COM games library. Everything is designed with your privacy in mind – no spying, no sharing with third parties, and all your data belongs to you.

You can join the GOG GALAXY 2.0 Open Beta now by downloading the app for Windows or Mac.
low rated
synfresh: They are not going to make it mandatory. What they will do is promote the hell out of it, to the point where as time goes on the casual gamer might equate GoG more with Galaxy than DRM-Free (since let's be fair, Galaxy is literally the exact opposite of DRM-Free).
GameRager: Galaxy is not DRM(for SP gaming), imo....when was the last time you ever heard of optional DRM? o.0
=================
Galaxy 2.0 is a DRM client that allows you to play other games from DRM platforms by launching said DRM clients in the background.

Example: If I own Skyrim on Steam but yet want to use Galaxy, do I have the option of launching Skyrim in a DRM-Free way?

Tell me again how it's not a DRM piece of software.
Post edited December 11, 2019 by synfresh
MarkoH01: Nobody needed to tell me anything. You can refund ANY game on Steam which you did not play longer than 2 hours since 14 days after purchase. You don't even need to talk to anybody and you don't need to say WHY you want to refund. I did it myself so I'd say that's a fact.
Doomjedi: And if you believe that's actually the case, ...
Again, this has nothing to do with believing in anything. It is

a) A thing I experienced myself.
b) Part of their own ToS.

But if you don't believe me let's just agree to disagree. Maybe the problem you described simply happened before they introduced (or better HAD to introduce) this "no question" refund policy - other than that I don't know why this happened to you. Since it is part of their ToS there's nothing more to say.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6695-QIKM-7966

GameRager: Galaxy is not DRM(for SP gaming), imo....when was the last time you ever heard of optional DRM? o.0
=================
synfresh: Galaxy 2.0 is a DRM client that allows you to play other games from DRM platforms by launching said DRM clients in the background.

Example: If I own Skyrim on Steam but yet want to use Galaxy, do I have the option of launching Skyrim in a DRM-Free way?

If you use Galaxy to launch DRM'd games of course those games won't become DRM-free all of a sudden. That however does not make GAlaxy itself DRM. DRM will always be a thing FORCED to the user and since the client is optional it's hard to be considered DRM - nobody is managing or controlling anything here and nobody is preventing you to play GOG games if you prefer to not use the client.

Problem is definition. Some people say that every client is DRM since you will have to login to the client. I would only call it DRM if I am forced to use the client. An optional thing for me will never be DRM. But as I said, some have a different definition of Digital Rights Management.
Post edited December 11, 2019 by MarkoH01
GOG.com: Let’s put an end to resource-heavy clients running all the time and us juggling between multiple apps to access our games and see what our friends are playing. GOG GALAXY 2.0 conveniently shows you all your games as one library and makes it easier than ever to stay in touch with your friends across PC and console platforms.
GameRager: Don't the other clients need to be running to even make use of galaxy 2.0? If so this bit is incorrect.
Yes, but they won't have to run ALL THE TIME. Only for starting and during the game. They will close after closing the game (if you checked this option). However one could argue that the disadvantage here is that at least for this time (start/running) you will have to use the resources of two clients running ... which is probably true.
GameRager: Don't the other clients need to be running to even make use of galaxy 2.0? If so this bit is incorrect.
MarkoH01: Yes, but they won't have to run ALL THE TIME. Only for starting and during the game. They will close after closing the game (if you checked this option). However one could argue that the disadvantage here is that at least for this time (start/running) you will have to use the resources of two clients running ... which is probably true.
what's the point in saving resources when you close the game? you kinda need it to run your game. or it's a big issue to right-click on game launcher in status bar and close it manually? this feature is just lame attempt to pretend it cares about your resource usage when in reality galaxy 2.0 only adds its footprint to other launcher and makes things even more bloated.
MarkoH01: Yes, but they won't have to run ALL THE TIME. Only for starting and during the game. They will close after closing the game (if you checked this option). However one could argue that the disadvantage here is that at least for this time (start/running) you will have to use the resources of two clients running ... which is probably true.
djoxyk: what's the point in saving resources when you close the game? you kinda need it to run your game. or it's a big issue to right-click on game launcher in status bar and close it manually? this feature is just lame attempt to pretend it cares about your resource usage when in reality galaxy 2.0 only adds its footprint to other launcher and makes things even more bloated.
You are correct - like I said ... during game you will use more ressources and while you are not in game you probably won't need them ... I just wanted to explain out what GOG was trying to tell above. I did not want to to praise this very "feature". The feature to give the option to close the additional launcher after gaming is simply a quality of life feature and I like it (I don't want to close additional launchers every time I have finished playing a third party game).
Post edited December 11, 2019 by MarkoH01
=================
synfresh: Galaxy 2.0 is a DRM client that allows you to play other games from DRM platforms by launching said DRM clients in the background.

You cannot seriously be this stupid. This is a horrible argument and you know it.
low rated

Change that to this, and you'll see the fallacy in your statement:

My PC runs DRM software so it is, by default DRM and/or a DRMD piece of software.
----------------------

Galaxy 2.0 has a slew of problems(bugs, slowness for some, etc), but just because it launches DRMd titles you have on other launchers that does not make IT drm in that case/for that reason.....now one could argue it is with gog's MP games(according to some here), however.

MarkoH01: If you use Galaxy to launch DRM'd games of course those games won't become DRM-free all of a sudden. That however does not make GAlaxy itself DRM. DRM will always be a thing FORCED to the user and since the client is optional it's hard to be considered DRM - nobody is managing or controlling anything here and nobody is preventing you to play GOG games if you prefer to not use the client.

Problem is definition. Some people say that every client is DRM since you will have to login to the client. I would only call it DRM if I am forced to use the client. An optional thing for me will never be DRM. But as I said, some have a different definition of Digital Rights Management.
And ninja'd by a much better man than me.....*tips hat*
Post edited December 12, 2019 by GameRager
Doomjedi: And if you believe that's actually the case, ...
MarkoH01: Again, this has nothing to do with believing in anything. It is

But if you don't believe me let's just agree to disagree. Maybe the problem you described simply happened before they introduced (or better HAD to introduce) this "no question" refund policy - other than that I don't know why this happened to you. Since it is part of their ToS there's nothing more to say.

MarkoH01: If you use Galaxy to launch DRM'd games of course those games won't become DRM-free all of a sudden. That however does not make GAlaxy itself DRM. DRM will always be a thing FORCED to the user and since the client is optional it's hard to be considered DRM - nobody is managing or controlling anything here and nobody is preventing you to play GOG games if you prefer to not use the client.

My only point it the main selling point of 2.0 is consolidation. It's main selling point is to launch other program on your PC (clients) so that you can play games no matter the platform. Another big selling point is to see what friends are doing across platforms (I'm not sure how it does this without launching the other clients though). So the way it is operating seems to be opposite of what the original mission statement of this website was supposed to be. That's all I'm trying to say. A lot of people equate that to DRM in itself.
Post edited December 12, 2019 by synfresh
MarkoH01: Again, this has nothing to do with believing in anything. It is

If you use Galaxy to launch DRM'd games of course those games won't become DRM-free all of a sudden. That however does not make GAlaxy itself DRM. DRM will always be a thing FORCED to the user and since the client is optional it's hard to be considered DRM - nobody is managing or controlling anything here and nobody is preventing you to play GOG games if you prefer to not use the client.

synfresh: My only point it the main selling point of 2.0 is consolidation. It's main selling point is to launch other program on your PC (clients) so that you can play games no matter the platform. Another big selling point is to see what friends are doing across platforms (I'm not sure how it does this without launching the other clients though). So the way it is operating seems to be opposite of what the original mission statement of this website was supposed to be. That's all I'm trying to say. A lot of people equate that to DRM in itself.
All Clients are basically specialized web browsers. So all Galaxy has to do is go online and connect with you accounts to get the data on what your friends are doing.
low rated
synfresh: My only point it the main selling point of 2.0 is consolidation. It's main selling point is to launch other program on your PC (clients) so that you can play games no matter the platform. Another big selling point is to see what friends are doing across platforms (I'm not sure how it does this without launching the other clients though).
And most of that I don't need so I won't be getting it myself.

synfresh: So the way it is operating seems to be opposite of what the original mission statement of this website was supposed to be. That's all I'm trying to say. A lot of people equate that to DRM in itself.
It'd only be DRM if one had to use it to play their games in SP(for the SP portions)...as it is not needed it is not DRM for said SP games.
Wait ,so with the introduction of the open BETA, people are unable to download the 1.2 version at this time? What if they don't WANT to participate in the BETA and wish to use the functioning version of Galaxy?
paladin181: Wait ,so with the introduction of the open BETA, people are unable to download the 1.2 version at this time? What if they don't WANT to participate in the BETA and wish to use the functioning version of Galaxy?
The latest version of Galaxy so far is 1.2.64, from december 04, 2019.

Hopefully, G.O.G. will keep the two branches, at least for now. At least.

Forsaking the serviceable GOG downloader and offering Galaxy as the only replacement was bearable, although Galaxy collects all kinds of data about our use of games. Shoving us Galaxy 2 if it does not work with Windows 7 (which still has and will likely keep a large user base in the foreseeable future) would be way too much.
Post edited December 15, 2019 by Carradice
Carradice: The latest version of Galaxy so far is 1.2.64, from december 04, 2019.

Forsaking the serviceable GOG downloader and offering Galaxy as the only replacement was bearable, although Galaxy collects all kinds of data about our use of games. Shoving us Galaxy 2 if it does not work with Windows 7 (which still has and will likely keep a large user base in the foreseeable future) would be way too much.
I'm just saying, I don't see a place on the Galaxy page to download the current stable version.
=================

What the hell? GOG Galaxy doesn't strip DRM from games purchased through other platforms. Games use denuvo or whatever when you buy them elsewhere and that has little to do with Galaxy 2.0
The GOG downloader was not forsaken. I still use it.
>

paladin181: Wait ,so with the introduction of the open BETA, people are unable to download the 1.2 version at this time? What if they don't WANT to participate in the BETA and wish to use the functioning version of Galaxy?
Carradice: The latest version of Galaxy so far is 1.2.64, from december 04, 2019.