It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG GALAXY 2.0, the free application to bring together all your games and friends in one place is now available for everyone to test. Visit our GOG GALAXY page and join other gamers.

Let’s put an end to resource-heavy clients running all the time and us juggling between multiple apps to access our games and see what our friends are playing. GOG GALAXY 2.0 conveniently shows you all your games as one library and makes it easier than ever to stay in touch with your friends across PC and console platforms.

For the past few years, we’ve seen continuous fragmentation of our game collections and gaming friends lists, further proving the need for an application that unites them all,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “And I’m sure there are even more clients and launchers on the way,” Karwowski adds. “We’re amazed and thankful for the reaction from the community to the app and taking it even further by creating integrations with 20 gaming platforms – allowing everyone to see all their games and friends in GOG GALAXY 2.0.

The closed beta brought numerous big updates like seeing friends’ online status from different platforms in GOG GALAXY 2.0 or adding Global Search. The latter allows multiple options – finding games and friends, launching games with a single press of a key and giving the ability to manually add any game to the library.

We’re waiting for your feedback!

We can’t wait to see what you have to say about GOG GALAXY 2.0! Let us know what you think and want to see improved – share feedback via the in-app option, GOG GALAXY social media, and the official forum.

Learn about what you can do in GOG GALAXY 2.0

Download the app and connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with your other preferred platforms through 20 official and community-created integrations. Import and organize all your PC and console games in one library, install and launch PC titles, keep track of your progress and see your friends’ status, achievements and game time across all gaming platforms. The app is also the best way to run and update your DRM-free GOG.COM games library. Everything is designed with your privacy in mind – no spying, no sharing with third parties, and all your data belongs to you.

You can join the GOG GALAXY 2.0 Open Beta now by downloading the app for Windows or Mac.
MarkoH01: say that the Linux versions are not supported? Yes, it states that they were not listed to avoid confusion but I cannot see the "we won't support them" part.
eiii: It's not explicitly stated in that post. And you may be right that GOG won't refuse to support these game versions when you have a problem. But not adding the Linux version of these games as normal game installers but as goodies already means that they are technically not fully supported. You can't search for them in the shop, you don't get system requirements on the game card, you don't get checksums for the installer download, you don't get a changelog and you probably won't get an update notification in case they get updated. That's not what I call official GOG support. Also I remember that I've read a statement from a Blue quite some time ago that game versions which are added as goodies are not officially supported by GOG. But unfortunately I cannot find that post anymore.
Ah yes, I understand.

Thinking about it a bit ... I would already blame GOG for simply not listing a perfectly complete Linux version of a game just because it is missing some features that are supposed to be completely OPTIONAL ... so if the client and the features are optional, how can GOG refuse to list it and therefore maybe even not support it?
MarkoH01: Where does this:

"Both of these games have GOG Galaxy implementation (multi-player, invites, achievements etc.). These features are available only in Windows versions. Therefore listing those games as available for all platforms could give users an impression that they will be able to benefit from these features on Mac and Linux - which is, unfortunately, not true. Hope this helps a bit."

say that the Linux versions are not supported? Yes, it states that they were not listed to avoid confusion but I cannot see the "we won't support them" part.
HunchBluntley: Any game (or other software) that is included as a free bonus goodie (obviously this wouldn't apply to proper DLC items that you paid for) is not considered fully supported by GOG. That's why the older versions of some games get dumped into bonus goodies when the updated versions come out (e.g., King of Dragon Pass); sometimes there's a bonus game included as a not-really-supported bonus goodie for an otherwise-supported series pack (e.g., Falcon 4.0 in the Falcon Collection); and there's at least one case where games that never got official English releases got released as freebie bonuses with one that did (Polish-only Sołtys and Skaut Kwatermaster with Polish & English A.D. 2044). This is what he means when he says that Linux versions included there are unsupported. If they were fully supported, they wouldn't be included only as bonus goodies. ;)

Edit before posting: Let's see how many times I've been ninja'd while gathering examples for this post...
Thanks for the explanation.
Post edited December 11, 2019 by MarkoH01
low rated
STBill: I love the new look on tags! The only thing I haven't found yet is my profile.
See that gear it's all Higglety pigglety in there among other stuff Strewn in there like "SCAN FOLDERS for GOG games"

Yeah I don't like to have to open every stupid menu feature just to find basic things that should be in the front!

should be Click on my profile pic under that "IMPORT FOLDERS (GOG)"

No software mode for Quake and a few other Dosbox games I'm Very ashamed GOG bring it back!
Post edited December 11, 2019 by fr33kSh0w2012
low rated
Pangaea666: It's so incredibly bonkers to me that people, even people on Linux, are willingly throwing away rights and privacy and embracing horrendous companies like Google, Facebook and Steam. The industry is heading in a very negative direction, and gamers are loving it. So fucking dumb.
Agreed Gimme my DVD's/CD's and a NO-CD/NO-DVD/Fixed *.exe any day over any of this crap and I'm happy!

9. Force majeure

REALLY, REALLY GOG did you copy paste that from an insurance companies website?

Well so much for a "By gamers for gamers" terminology now!

It's legalese for covering our own arses.

How typical and Spineless!
So, uh dumb question, but where is the download link. Thanks in advance
NinjaShadow24: However, Steam keeps losing its connection after using my login information. I have linked Origin & Uplay so I know that it can work, but the Steam integration seems to be a bit finicky at the moment (for me at least).
MarkoH01: Keep in mind that you will have to "remember my login data chackbox" ticked on the Steam login. I had this problem in the closed beta state.
I have done everything that I would reasonably think of to get Steam to connect.

-Tried with "Remember me on this computer" checked. Connection lost
-Disabled my virus program firewall temporarily. Connection lost
-Tried opening up Steam and disabling Family View. Connection lost
-Tried looking into my Steam Privacy settings and making sure everything is set to public. Connection lost

I don't get what else I could do on my end.
low rated
xawesomecorex: So, uh dumb question, but where is the download link. Thanks in advance
Click here!

Here for the page that has the download
low rated
MarkoH01: Keep in mind that you will have to "remember my login data chackbox" ticked on the Steam login. I had this problem in the closed beta state.
NinjaShadow24: I have done everything that I would reasonably think of to get Steam to connect.

-Tried with "Remember me on this computer" checked. Connection lost
-Disabled my virus program firewall temporarily. Connection lost
-Tried opening up Steam and disabling Family View. Connection lost
-Tried looking into my Steam Privacy settings and making sure everything is set to public. Connection lost

I don't get what else I could do on my end.
Sure it isn't your actual internet connection because Mine used to do that with optus (singtel) and worse with Telstra (telecom Australia)

What Telco are you with?
low rated
GOG.com: Let’s put an end to resource-heavy clients running all the time and us juggling between multiple apps to access our games and see what our friends are playing. GOG GALAXY 2.0 conveniently shows you all your games as one library and makes it easier than ever to stay in touch with your friends across PC and console platforms.
Don't the other clients need to be running to even make use of galaxy 2.0? If so this bit is incorrect.
GOG.com: We’re waiting for your feedback!
I want better forums and other fixes on-site.....is that considered feedback? If so then that is my feedback.
GOG.com: Download the app and connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with your other preferred platforms through 20 official and community-created integrations. Import and organize all your PC and console games in one library, install and launch PC titles, keep track of your progress and see your friends’ status, achievements and game time across all gaming platforms. The app is also the best way to run and update your DRM-free GOG.COM games library. Everything is designed with your privacy in mind – no spying, no sharing with third parties, and all your data belongs to you.
Wouldn't those who are more privacy oriented NOT want to share their every move(game play wise/etc) with others? Or am I wrong on this?
GOG.com: You can join the GOG GALAXY 2.0 Open Beta now by downloading the app for Windows or Mac.
But those on linux get the short end of the stick, sadly.......:\
=====================

nightcraw1er.488: Today’s release...steam! Yay!
To be fair this might allow some to avoid using the mess that is the new steam version.
=====================

viranimus: You might not be effected by it, but your decision WILL effect all gamers here at GOG.
Hyperbolic.....also (sadly)a few not agreeing to such won't change much of anything....you'd need much higher numbers to accomplish anything of note, or be able to get a good PR storm brewing online.

viranimus: If it is alarmist its because gamer apathy has allowed this to make its way to the last bastion against what is basically inevitable now. It is not fear mongering because the damage has already been done. Its a call for people to actually understand what they are agreeing to and detailing the truth of what their hitting Submit is actually doing.
If that contract/eula is found(in whole or in part) by some court to not be legally binding then it doesn't do much of anything in those cases.

Of course I agree people should be more careful(in general) to read and know what they agreeing to.
======================

TheMonkofDestiny: I know brother, my post isn't a condemnation of your development abilities, it's a statement of fact that I can't afford to move off an OS that's dead in the water.
Hey all: I propose we chip in and buy this fine lad a new OS....what say you all? :)
Post edited December 11, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
synfresh: They are not going to make it mandatory. What they will do is promote the hell out of it, to the point where as time goes on the casual gamer might equate GoG more with Galaxy than DRM-Free (since let's be fair, Galaxy is literally the exact opposite of DRM-Free).
Galaxy is not DRM(for SP gaming), imo....when was the last time you ever heard of optional DRM? o.0
=================

Klumpen0815: Does Galaxy 2.0 do ownership verification for multi-player or is it possible to play with a spouse in the same household using it for a game that doesn't support LAN?
I know some games here have serial keys which might tie the game to one PC alone.....dunno how it works with galaxy, though.
MarkoH01: Nobody needed to tell me anything. You can refund ANY game on Steam which you did not play longer than 2 hours since 14 days after purchase. You don't even need to talk to anybody and you don't need to say WHY you want to refund. I did it myself so I'd say that's a fact.
And if you believe that's actually the case, you haven't had to deal with steam support. I've ran into everything from them simply shutting down support requests completely unanswered, to pretending not to have recieved my crash logs and minidumps they asked for. Keep in mind in all cases, *I was not asking for a refund to begin with* but they often

In the case of the example I mentioned, the game literally could not even start, and I went through an extensive list of troubleshooting steps just to prove yes, the game literally didn't have the executeable required to *run* it. Personally, I think the screenshot of that fact, and even comments to the effect that other people had run into the issue too in the game's on steam community forum might've been an indicator. It took *two years* for anyone at Valve support to admit that yes, maybe literally lacking the executable file required to *run the game* was an issue that required correction, and it only happened after I contacted the publisher, who referred me to their legacy support person, who basically told me that when the original developer went out of business, they'd not assigned perrmissions to anyone at the publisher to be able to provide updates and patches.

Valve's "solution" after basically closing the ticket the moment I repeated all of the support steps they made me go through to prove that yes, not having a copy of the game was the issue was shit you not, to tell me to go find a torrent page and download an illegal copy of the game.

By the way, that game was Gothic 2. The publisher at the time was THQ, and they literally went out of business too, in the time span it took steam "support" to offer a "solution" that pretty much consisted of telling me to break the law. It wasn't until I pointed out they were literally doing that, and that again, there had been no play time whatsoever accrued on the game because it literally couldn't even launch, that the steam support person decided to offer me a refund.

Which, by the way, I still haven't gotten, though gothic 2 no longer shows up in my steam library.

Which I didn't ask for to begin with. And which they were very upfront with me that they'd only offered because in the customer support person's own words, they wanted me to shut up about the problem.

Coincidentally about the exact same time steam finally decided it was literallyy easier to issue me a game refund then you know, find out why so many people purchasing the game on steam weren't getting the executeable to run it over a 2 plus year span of time, I ended up having a technical problem on a game I'd bought on gog.com roughly about the same time, where for whatever reason, MDK was just crawling when I tried to run. One I wasn't even sure gog would consider part of their responsibilities to help me with, since I thought it might be due to emulation settings via dosbox and potential incompatabilities with my very modern PC.

10 minutes later, real time I got an e-mail notification back from gog,com which I thought would be the usual "we received your support request" e-mail. Instead, it's an incredibly detailed yet plainly spoken easily legible e-mail explaining what the issue most likely is, how to change dosbox settings to assist with it, ect. Also a quite genuine sounding appology I was having difficulties with it, and instructions to contact them back if it didn't work so I could either refund the purchase or they try something else, which they made abundantly clear would be entirely my option how next to proceed.

Turned out the instructions were so good, that trying them out on other games following the fix for MDK via dosbox solved similar issues I'd had on other, older games I hadn't bought on gog.com but was running via dosbox that I thought literally couldn't be fixed.

So, to be rather blunt, I think I know a little more about the differences between support for steam and gog.com then you do. My first and only support ticket to gog.com literally solved problems with other games entirely I hadn't even mentioned, on top of the game I'd contacted them for help with. Whereas I basically got forced to repeat the exact same support ticket for *two years* for Valve *not* do anything to fix it whatsoever, just literally promise me a refund that was never delivered while removing the game from my account, only after I'd pointed out they were literally asking me to break the law, and them having created conditions making it impossible for the publisher to fix the issue before going out of business.

Needless to say, when I found Gothic 2 for sale on gog.com, and for 4 bucks less then Steam had it at tthe time, I bought it. Never had an issue out of my gog.com copy of the game.

But what do I know, I'm just someone who'd used steam literally since it's day of release to the public and seen first hand, just how incompetent or outright openly malicious it's support people can be.
low rated
ghostrider176: I want a Linux client. Valve showed that it can be done. They explicitly only supported one version of one Linux distribution (Ubuntu) and the Arch Linux wiki had installation instructions within 24 hours of *closed beta* becoming available.

Please release a Linux client.
It'd be nice, but not likely gonna happen(for now, anyways)....steam/valve have more money and a bigger linux user base, for starters, which is part of why they(afaik) sell more linux versions & have better linux support overall.
eiii: Actually thanks to Sude and others we already have an open-source Galaxy client which runs on Linux and is able to install and update games. Ironically it only can install Windows and MacOS versions of the games on Linux, but not the Linux versions, because the GOG backend for Galaxy can only deliver the Windows and MacOS version, but not the Linux version of a game.
I'm aware; I also gave the Comet Client a try.
low rated
eiii: But the client is not the problem, the lack of the Galaxy infrastructure and library support for Linux is the real problem. It prevents Linux versions of games to be added to GOG or getting full support.
Devs could likely sell linux versions here but they chose not to...so they are also to blame & not just lack of galaxy support.
GameRager: It'd be nice, but not likely gonna happen(for now, anyways)....steam/valve have more money and a bigger linux user base, for starters, which is part of why they(afaik) sell more linux versions & have better linux support overall.
And who is GOG to blame for Linux user base being smaller here, when they don't even want to support Linux users as the rest, but treat Linux support as second class citizen here?
Post edited December 11, 2019 by shmerl
low rated
shmerl: And who is GOG to blame for Linux user base being smaller here, when they don't even want to support Linux users as the rest, but treat Linux support as second class citizen here?
It's a catch-22....the user base for linux is small due to lack of support/games, and amount of linux game/support is small due to the small linux user base.

Also they are a business...it makes the most sense to prioritize bigger user bases over smaller ones(even if it is unfair).

Heck, I have to shop for shoes online as my size isn't carried by most stores, so I know somewhat how it feels to be treated in such a manner by big business....I just go to where my needs are met, though, instead of hoping/waiting for every other store will/to change their minds.