It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG GALAXY 2.0, the free application to bring together all your games and friends in one place is now available for everyone to test. Visit our GOG GALAXY page and join other gamers.

Let’s put an end to resource-heavy clients running all the time and us juggling between multiple apps to access our games and see what our friends are playing. GOG GALAXY 2.0 conveniently shows you all your games as one library and makes it easier than ever to stay in touch with your friends across PC and console platforms.

For the past few years, we’ve seen continuous fragmentation of our game collections and gaming friends lists, further proving the need for an application that unites them all,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “And I’m sure there are even more clients and launchers on the way,” Karwowski adds. “We’re amazed and thankful for the reaction from the community to the app and taking it even further by creating integrations with 20 gaming platforms – allowing everyone to see all their games and friends in GOG GALAXY 2.0.

The closed beta brought numerous big updates like seeing friends’ online status from different platforms in GOG GALAXY 2.0 or adding Global Search. The latter allows multiple options – finding games and friends, launching games with a single press of a key and giving the ability to manually add any game to the library.

We’re waiting for your feedback!

We can’t wait to see what you have to say about GOG GALAXY 2.0! Let us know what you think and want to see improved – share feedback via the in-app option, GOG GALAXY social media, and the official forum.

Learn about what you can do in GOG GALAXY 2.0

Download the app and connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with your other preferred platforms through 20 official and community-created integrations. Import and organize all your PC and console games in one library, install and launch PC titles, keep track of your progress and see your friends’ status, achievements and game time across all gaming platforms. The app is also the best way to run and update your DRM-free GOG.COM games library. Everything is designed with your privacy in mind – no spying, no sharing with third parties, and all your data belongs to you.

You can join the GOG GALAXY 2.0 Open Beta now by downloading the app for Windows or Mac.
firstpastthepost: I’m pretty sure it was never possible to change the language on an installed game without reinstall unless it was a native function of the game. This just seems like a laundry list of baseless complaints.
MarkoH01: Well, not exactly.
GOG usually has four possibilities to change the language of the game (depending on the game and installer they provided):

1) Change language with the help of an additional executable (i.e. language_setup.exe).
2) Change language inside the game.
3) Change language prior to installation in the setup menu of the ionstaller.
4) Download a language specific installer.

He was complaining (if I am not mistaken) about a case in which none of those were possible and the only possibility was to change language by changing the language inside of Galaxy. I cannot test or confirm this myself since I don't own the game and nobody answered the post of the user who was complaining about this ... so it's not even proven if this ever was the case (maybe he just did not know about the possibilities I described above).
falloutttt: Is there no "Your Profile" in Galaxy 2.0 ? ;(

Aside from that, it's pretty awesome!
MarkoH01: Not yet.
Carradice: Is there a published list of the platform integrations already available?
MarkoH01: Since there are many custom made integrations out there you should find quite a few using google. I myself have found and use the following integrations:

Steam, Epic, Uplay, Steam, Origin (all available after installation), Humble (custom made)

I don't use Xbox Live and Playstation live which are already available after installation.
Oh ok, thank you good sir!
Don't think this got answered in the past so, regarding the regular library on the site, will it change in some way once thIs 2.0 client goes out of beta?
eiii: Unfortunately Galaxy already is not optional but mandatory to:
- get access to older versions of games
- get access to public beta channels of games
MarkoH01: Well - if you count those who should also count achievements and some instances of multi-player ect. Those are ADDITIONAL features only possible BECAUSE of Galaxy they never were possible before Galaxy.
There is no technical reason to grant access to older game versions or beta versions of games only through the Galaxy client. GOG already generate the offline installers from the Galaxy files. When an older version of a game is available in Galaxy it would be no problem to also create an offline installer from these files. The same is valid for beta versions. When the game files are available in Galaxy you also could create an offline installer from these files.

The problem is, that these new features get implemented exclusively for Galaxy, without technical reasons. They are locked behind a client which requires to accept additional terms of use. This more and more makes non-Galaxy users to 2nd class GOG citizens.

MarkoH01: I read this post a few times. Maybe I misunderstood but the post does not seem to be about GOG support but onbly about the fact that achievements ect. are only supported by Galaxy - which would be the same I mentioned above since those are not things missing in the offline installers because of Galxy but only possible because of Galaxy.
The article is about the lack of official GOG support for the Linux versions of these games, which are not added as officially supported versions, but as (unsupported) goodies only.
Carradice: Is there a published list of the platform integrations already available?
MarkoH01: Since there are many custom made integrations out there you should find quite a few using google. I myself have found and use the following integrations:

Steam, Epic, Uplay, Steam, Origin (all available after installation), Humble (custom made)

I don't use Xbox Live and Playstation live which are already available after installation.
Thank you. That was helpful.
Themken: AMDs new graphics driver application for Windows comes with the ability to start all (really?) games from within that application...
You mean something like what NVDIA has, for keeping the library of games optimized and ready to be launched?
Post edited December 10, 2019 by Carradice
Carradice:
Not sure as I do not have Windows at all now. Just read a list with what was new in the latest driver update from AMD for Windows.
keeveek: Okay, the overall experience is pretty bad. Every time I launch Galaxy 2.0 it's "importing xx%" and it takes even up to a minute to update the games list.

Scrolling through games lists is also very slow, minimizing the app and maximizing it again is also slow.

I have around 3500 games in total linked from every service, but that's not really an excuse. 2700 of them comes from Steam, and Steam isn't that slow.
Mmm... Playing each game for one day would take about 10 years. But who hasn't a huge backlog nowadays? Crazy times, aren't they? :-)
Carradice:
Themken: Not sure as I do not have Windows at all now. Just read a list with what was new in the latest driver update from AMD for Windows.
Oh, OK, thank you. I guess it must be something along the lines of the "GForce Experience" by NVDIA. It comes separately from the driver. What does come with the NVIDIA driver is a program for selecting the default behavior of the graphics card, and also rules for selecting a card in systems that have two.

The GForce Experience suggests fine tuning the card settings for games in order to get the most of them, although sometimes fine-tuning the settings works better. You can launch the games from there as well.

Probably AMD has something like that then.
Post edited December 10, 2019 by Carradice
RabidGears: Am I the only Linux user that doesn't care if this is ported? I never used Galaxy when I used Windows and I have no plans to use it on Linux.
You are not. I also do not intent to use the (closed-source) Galaxy client from GOG, even when it will be available for Linux. But the client is not the problem, the lack of the Galaxy infrastructure and library support for Linux is the real problem. It prevents Linux versions of games to be added to GOG or getting full support.

Darvond: I get your indifference, but if Galaxy 2.0 introduced things like proper delta installs and patches for Linux users; especially if it was cross compatible with multiple systems, it would be to say the least, far better than having to download all two gigabytes of a game over each time there was an update.
Actually thanks to Sude and others we already have an open-source Galaxy client which runs on Linux and is able to install and update games. Ironically it only can install Windows and MacOS versions of the games on Linux, but not the Linux versions, because the GOG backend for Galaxy can only deliver the Windows and MacOS version, but not the Linux version of a game.
Post edited December 11, 2019 by eiii
eiii: The article is about the lack of official GOG support for the Linux versions of these games, which are not added as officially supported versions, but as (unsupported) goodies only.
Where does this:

"Both of these games have GOG Galaxy implementation (multi-player, invites, achievements etc.). These features are available only in Windows versions. Therefore listing those games as available for all platforms could give users an impression that they will be able to benefit from these features on Mac and Linux - which is, unfortunately, not true. Hope this helps a bit."

say that the Linux versions are not supported? Yes, it states that they were not listed to avoid confusion but I cannot see the "we won't support them" part.
MarkoH01: say that the Linux versions are not supported? Yes, it states that they were not listed to avoid confusion but I cannot see the "we won't support them" part.
It's not explicitly stated in that post. And you may be right that GOG won't refuse to support these game versions when you have a problem. But not adding the Linux version of these games as normal game installers but as goodies already means that they are technically not fully supported. You can't search for them in the shop, you don't get system requirements on the game card, you don't get checksums for the installer download, you don't get a changelog and you probably won't get an update notification in case they get updated. That's not what I call official GOG support. Also I remember that I've read a statement from a Blue quite some time ago that game versions which are added as goodies are not officially supported by GOG. But unfortunately I cannot find that post anymore.

And btw, the handling of these Linux versions is rather special. For other games they used to add a remark about the missing features of the Linux version and otherwise handle the Linux installers normally.

Edit: Well, even more clear is the statement on the game card: "Please note: macOS and Linux versions are provided as unsupported bonus content." :P
Post edited December 11, 2019 by eiii
eiii: The article is about the lack of official GOG support for the Linux versions of these games, which are not added as officially supported versions, but as (unsupported) goodies only.
MarkoH01: Where does this:

"Both of these games have GOG Galaxy implementation (multi-player, invites, achievements etc.). These features are available only in Windows versions. Therefore listing those games as available for all platforms could give users an impression that they will be able to benefit from these features on Mac and Linux - which is, unfortunately, not true. Hope this helps a bit."

say that the Linux versions are not supported? Yes, it states that they were not listed to avoid confusion but I cannot see the "we won't support them" part.
Any game (or other software) that is included as a free bonus goodie (obviously this wouldn't apply to proper DLC items that you paid for) is not considered fully supported by GOG. That's why the older versions of some games get dumped into bonus goodies when the updated versions come out (e.g., King of Dragon Pass); sometimes there's a bonus game included as a not-really-supported bonus goodie for an otherwise-supported series pack (e.g., Falcon 4.0 in the Falcon Collection); and there's at least one case where games that never got official English releases got released as freebie bonuses with one that did (Polish-only Sołtys and Skaut Kwatermaster with Polish & English A.D. 2044). This is what he means when he says that Linux versions included there are unsupported. If they were fully supported, they wouldn't be included only as bonus goodies. ;)

Edit before posting: Let's see how many times I've been ninja'd while gathering examples for this post...
So on the GOG website it shows I have 155 games. But on Galaxy it shows I have 153? What causes this?
I installed an Epic based game yesterday through Galaxy, but it froze and would not start a new game. I started it through Epic, then played a few mins, then closed Epic and went to start it through Galaxy. It now works !! Not complaing, just FYI :)
Nice work!

I've integrated six other platforms, but only had time to test with Steam installed games so far.
That seemed to work fine :)
HunchBluntley: That's why the older versions of some games get dumped into bonus goodies when the updated versions come out (e.g., King of Dragon Pass);
that's rather good thing they added classic game version because current game won't run in wine or even in Virtualbox. I own this game both on steam and here on gog, and only that addon of classic version allowed me to finally launch this game from Linux (tho it still needs launch script to correct screen resolution before an after game - it's dread 640x480 thing after you close the game).
MarkoH01: But I have a question regarding this legal thingy. I never had the "pleasure" to sue a company and if I am not mistaken this is all about a case in which you would have to sue a company. Does this clause really mean thatt hey can do whatever they want? I am really asking this out of curiosity not because I want to play this down.
I am not a lawyer or legal expert, so I can't answer this precisely, but it sure seems that that's about what it amounts to. I've been shocked at these arbitration clauses, too- because they basically rob you of your legal right to sue and short-circuit the entire legal system. I mean, you're signing away your right to go to court, which is one of the few ways that individuals have to challenge illegal behavior from companies. I think its legally crazy and shouldn't be allowed. People talk about choice, but when its either that or nothing, there's not much choice.

GOG took a risk with the DRM-free model, and although I'm not a big spender or someone who is playing and buying games everyday, I really appreciate the model and the old and indie games, so I spend more money on GOG than any other outlet for games. If GOG is now putting ludicrous, anti-customer legal text in their agreements, then this marks a shift from a company who is willing to be open with a risky business model to one that is more closed and concerned with protecting itself at the cost of the rights of the customer. Of course GOG needs to protect itself, but not by violating its relationships with its customers, even if every other distribution platform does so.