It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG GALAXY 2.0, the free application to bring together all your games and friends in one place is now available for everyone to test. Visit our GOG GALAXY page and join other gamers.

Let’s put an end to resource-heavy clients running all the time and us juggling between multiple apps to access our games and see what our friends are playing. GOG GALAXY 2.0 conveniently shows you all your games as one library and makes it easier than ever to stay in touch with your friends across PC and console platforms.

For the past few years, we’ve seen continuous fragmentation of our game collections and gaming friends lists, further proving the need for an application that unites them all,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “And I’m sure there are even more clients and launchers on the way,” Karwowski adds. “We’re amazed and thankful for the reaction from the community to the app and taking it even further by creating integrations with 20 gaming platforms – allowing everyone to see all their games and friends in GOG GALAXY 2.0.

The closed beta brought numerous big updates like seeing friends’ online status from different platforms in GOG GALAXY 2.0 or adding Global Search. The latter allows multiple options – finding games and friends, launching games with a single press of a key and giving the ability to manually add any game to the library.

We’re waiting for your feedback!

We can’t wait to see what you have to say about GOG GALAXY 2.0! Let us know what you think and want to see improved – share feedback via the in-app option, GOG GALAXY social media, and the official forum.

Learn about what you can do in GOG GALAXY 2.0

Download the app and connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with your other preferred platforms through 20 official and community-created integrations. Import and organize all your PC and console games in one library, install and launch PC titles, keep track of your progress and see your friends’ status, achievements and game time across all gaming platforms. The app is also the best way to run and update your DRM-free GOG.COM games library. Everything is designed with your privacy in mind – no spying, no sharing with third parties, and all your data belongs to you.

You can join the GOG GALAXY 2.0 Open Beta now by downloading the app for Windows or Mac.
Woolytoes: So still no Linux support? Shame! Well No Tux! No Bucks!

More money for Steam then, which has a proper Linux support in place!
Only because it has cash to burn on a microscopic minority in the gaming market.
novumZ: People: we seriously need to physically unite somehow and take this monstrosity that it is Microsoft Out!!!
... and Apple. They are even worse.
Vast majority of functionalities is uninteresting to me.

The ones that I m interested in, are missing from v1.2 or not improved.
novumZ: People: we seriously need to physically unite somehow and take this monstrosity that it is Microsoft Out!!!
Are you thinking of something like a fleshy Voltron?
high rated
Woolytoes: So still no Linux support? Shame! Well No Tux! No Bucks!

More money for Steam then, which has a proper Linux support in place!
Yeshu: Only because it has cash to burn on a microscopic minority in the gaming market.
Funny, considering that GameJolt and Itch.io have a native Linux client.
eiii: Unfortunately Galaxy already is not optional but mandatory to:
- get access to older versions of games
- get access to public beta channels of games
MarkoH01: [...] Those are ADDITIONAL features only possible BECAUSE of Galaxy they never were possible before Galaxy.
They were never implemented outside of Galaxy. That is by no means the same thing as them being impossible without Galaxy. ;)
MarkoH01: [...] Those are ADDITIONAL features only possible BECAUSE of Galaxy they never were possible before Galaxy.
HunchBluntley: They were never implemented outside of Galaxy. That is by no means the same thing as them being impossible without Galaxy. ;)
I did not say this. But we are talking about complaining about an exclusive thing that never was there before. I think that there's a difference in missing out things that were there before or not having access to a thing that were added as a special feature from the client itself. I never said it was impossible. It probably would also be possible to integrate achievements using the browser only .. don't know ... but these are simply exclusive features from the client itself.
Post edited December 10, 2019 by MarkoH01
Yeshu: Only because it has cash to burn on a microscopic minority in the gaming market.
Kayx291: Funny, considering that GameJolt and Itch.io have a native Linux client.
Don't know about GameJolt's, but I seem to remember that itch's is open source, and, therefore, likely mostly (if not entirely) community-built -- an idea that GOG seems resistant to follow for the core application itself (integrations notwithstanding).

HunchBluntley: They were never implemented outside of Galaxy. That is by no means the same thing as them being impossible without Galaxy. ;)
MarkoH01: I did not say this. [...] I never said it was impossible. [...]
MarkoH01: Those are ADDITIONAL features only possible BECAUSE of Galaxy they never were possible before Galaxy.
Yes, I guess I was mistaken...
Post edited December 10, 2019 by HunchBluntley
HunchBluntley: Yes, I guess I was mistaken...
Sorry, you are correct, my wording was wrong.
I meant to say "never available" before ... the way I worded it I really said that there was no way to do this without Galaxy. Accept my apologies.
Post edited December 10, 2019 by MarkoH01
HunchBluntley: Yes, I guess I was mistaken...
MarkoH01: Sorry, you are correct, my wording was wrong.
I meant to say "never available" before ... the way I worded it I really said that there was no way to do this without Galaxy. Accept my apologies.
No apologies needed. I just found it funny, considering you included the quote of the post where you said that in the same post where you denied saying that. I was worried you were gonna go full "GOG agents altered my post to make it LOOK like I said that!" =P
MarkoH01: Sorry, you are correct, my wording was wrong.
HunchBluntley: No apologies needed. I just found it funny, considering you included the quote of the post where you said that in the same post where you denied saying that. I was worried you were gonna go full "GOG agents altered my post to make it LOOK like I said that!" =P
I still had to read it a few times before I realized my mistake ... it might not have happened if I had used my mother language but I won't just blame it on that. I made a mistake and you informed me about it - so actually I am thankful. :)
Since people have been asked about possible integrations in Gaalxy 2.0 I guess this site might help those who are trying to really benefit from the Galaxy integration possibilities:

https://github.com/Mixaill/awesome-gog-galaxy
Okay, the overall experience is pretty bad. Every time I launch Galaxy 2.0 it's "importing xx%" and it takes even up to a minute to update the games list.

Scrolling through games lists is also very slow, minimizing the app and maximizing it again is also slow.

I have around 3500 games in total linked from every service, but that's not really an excuse. 2700 of them comes from Steam, and Steam isn't that slow.
dr.solveberg: This may be a stupid question, but how do I search for games in the store with this new client?
If I search for a game in the top left, it'll only direct me to the activity page, but not the game's store page.
MarkoH01: Click on "Featured" to access the main site and then "All games" to browse through ... well ... all games :)

dr.solveberg: Also, is there an option to visit the store page of games I already own from the library/game's activity page, like in the previous client? I can't seem to find it.
MarkoH01: Not yet

dr.solveberg: edit: Scratch that first question. You have to click buy on the top, after you've searched for it, and it will direct you to the store. A little convoluted I think.
MarkoH01: Well - as you can see, there's another way as well.
Thanks for the answer, appreciate it!
AMDs new graphics driver application for Windows comes with the ability to start all (really?) games from within that application...