It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG GALAXY 2.0, the free application to bring together all your games and friends in one place is now available for everyone to test. Visit our GOG GALAXY page and join other gamers.

Let’s put an end to resource-heavy clients running all the time and us juggling between multiple apps to access our games and see what our friends are playing. GOG GALAXY 2.0 conveniently shows you all your games as one library and makes it easier than ever to stay in touch with your friends across PC and console platforms.

For the past few years, we’ve seen continuous fragmentation of our game collections and gaming friends lists, further proving the need for an application that unites them all,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “And I’m sure there are even more clients and launchers on the way,” Karwowski adds. “We’re amazed and thankful for the reaction from the community to the app and taking it even further by creating integrations with 20 gaming platforms – allowing everyone to see all their games and friends in GOG GALAXY 2.0.

The closed beta brought numerous big updates like seeing friends’ online status from different platforms in GOG GALAXY 2.0 or adding Global Search. The latter allows multiple options – finding games and friends, launching games with a single press of a key and giving the ability to manually add any game to the library.

We’re waiting for your feedback!

We can’t wait to see what you have to say about GOG GALAXY 2.0! Let us know what you think and want to see improved – share feedback via the in-app option, GOG GALAXY social media, and the official forum.

Learn about what you can do in GOG GALAXY 2.0

Download the app and connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with your other preferred platforms through 20 official and community-created integrations. Import and organize all your PC and console games in one library, install and launch PC titles, keep track of your progress and see your friends’ status, achievements and game time across all gaming platforms. The app is also the best way to run and update your DRM-free GOG.COM games library. Everything is designed with your privacy in mind – no spying, no sharing with third parties, and all your data belongs to you.

You can join the GOG GALAXY 2.0 Open Beta now by downloading the app for Windows or Mac.
For a very strange reason my GOG galaxy is pitch-black. There's no purple background like on most screens. I can't see any option to change this?

Btw. Galaxy works pretty sluggish for me. But I have ~3500-4000 games across various platforms imported, this may be the reason.
Carradice: 1. In order to download and manage games from sites that are not GOG, do you need to have installed the clients from those other platforms in your computer? or Galaxy 2.0 is enough?
toxicTom: That's the thing with DRM - GOG can't patch it out for you. So yes, the other clients are needed.

What you can do if the game is ie. from Steam but is actually DRM-free:
- Download and install the game using the Steam client (if you need to do extra stuff to make it DRM-free, do it)
- Use the "Add game" function to add another (independent) entry of the game and "link the executable". Now you have to entries of the game, the Steam-one and the "independent" one with Galaxy conveniently merged into one.
- You can now start the game without Steam running
Thanks, nice tip!
victorchopin: BLADE RUNNER???

when????

ahhhhhh!!!
fisk0: They keep teasing us with this stuff! :(
When GOG Galaxy was announced they had Halo 2 and Master Chief Collection in the game library screenshots, I was hoping they would come to GOG along with the Steam release, but evidently that hasn't happened.
**achtually** you can play the Steam version and add to your galaxy library and all... ;P
Carradice: 1. In order to download and manage games from sites that are not GOG, do you need to have installed the clients from those other platforms in your computer? or Galaxy 2.0 is enough?
AB2012: I don't use Galaxy myself, but it's virtually guaranteed that you still need all the 3rd party clients (Steam, etc) due to DRM. All Galaxy 2.0 does is "launch the other launchers", it doesn't (and can't) replace them.
Thank you. Then for people who do not care that much about multiplayer or achievements, what Galaxy 2.0 might seem to provide would be just improving the visibility (and accesibility) of games from client programs that you do not launch that often.

Wondering if at least there is a notification on Galaxy 2.0 whenever a third party (let us say, Battlenet) updates one of the games? So that at least you do not have to check with each client wheter you are playing with the most up to date version.
This may be a stupid question, but how do I search for games in the store with this new client?
If I search for a game in the top left, it'll only direct me to the activity page, but not the game's store page.

Also, is there an option to visit the store page of games I already own from the library/game's activity page, like in the previous client? I can't seem to find it.

edit: Scratch that first question. You have to click buy on the top, after you've searched for it, and it will direct you to the store. A little convoluted I think.
Post edited December 10, 2019 by dr.solveberg
Darvond: I get your indifference, but if Galaxy 2.0 introduced things like proper delta installs and patches for Linux users; especially if it was cross compatible with multiple systems, it would be to say the least, far better than having to download all two gigabytes of a game over each time there was an update.
You mean like we offline installer folks are forced to do with nearly every game? And even then, on the occasion a patch is up for download, as opposed to the entire installer, we have to be sure to get it right away since those links don't stay up forever. Miss one patch in the chain of patches, and it's time to download the entire installer again. My opinion is that this is deliberate to get everyone on Galaxy for "muh conveeeenience" (the rallying cry of the client-only crowd).
TheMonkofDestiny: Got invited to the closed beta two months ago (to the day, in fact). Couldn't run it then, can't run it now due to the fact that I'm using Vista as my OS.
Fallen_Zen: Windows Vista is no longer supported OS by Microsoft also libraries and frameworks we use to develop GOG Galaxy 2.0 do not support Vista as well. We kinda were forced to drop it, sorry.
I see! GOG was Forced by Monopoly that is Microsoft.

People: we seriously need to physically unite somehow and take this monstrosity that it is Microsoft Out!!!
eiii: Unfortunately Galaxy already is not optional but mandatory to:
- get access to older versions of games
- get access to public beta channels of games
Well - if you count those who should also count achievements and some instances of multi-player ect. Those are ADDITIONAL features only possible BECAUSE of Galaxy they never were possible before Galaxy.

I read this post a few times. Maybe I misunderstood but the post does not seem to be about GOG support but onbly about the fact that achievements ect. are only supported by Galaxy - which would be the same I mentioned above since those are not things missing in the offline installers because of Galxy but only possible because of Galaxy.

This seems to be one rare and unintended case and if they fixed it already (whgich they should) bringing this up as a general argument imo is a bit unfair.

Please let me add that I understand everybody who does not want to use Galaxy but I also think we should not mix things up. If Galaxy is THE REASON why some games are now missing features they had before I would absolutely agree - but other that the language selection bug I fail to see this.

OHMYGODJCABOMB: If I have GOG Galaxy 1.2.64 BETA installed, should I install 2.0 BETA manually or it will be updated automatically?
It will get updated automatically. Please keep in mind that your Galaxy installation will be completely gone after this. To reinstall Galaxy 1 you will have to uninstall G2, reinstall G1 and import all your games again.
Post edited December 10, 2019 by MarkoH01
Darvond: I get your indifference, but if Galaxy 2.0 introduced things like proper delta installs and patches for Linux users; especially if it was cross compatible with multiple systems, it would be to say the least, far better than having to download all two gigabytes of a game over each time there was an update.
rjbuffchix: You mean like we offline installer folks are forced to do with nearly every game? And even then, on the occasion a patch is up for download, as opposed to the entire installer, we have to be sure to get it right away since those links don't stay up forever. Miss one patch in the chain of patches, and it's time to download the entire installer again. My opinion is that this is deliberate to get everyone on Galaxy for "muh conveeeenience" (the rallying cry of the client-only crowd).
Indeed.

Also, the old GOG downloader was all that was really needed, if one preferred automation and did not care about the other frills that came with Galaxy.
Post edited December 10, 2019 by Carradice
firstpastthepost: I’m pretty sure it was never possible to change the language on an installed game without reinstall unless it was a native function of the game. This just seems like a laundry list of baseless complaints.
Well, not exactly.
GOG usually has four possibilities to change the language of the game (depending on the game and installer they provided):

1) Change language with the help of an additional executable (i.e. language_setup.exe).
2) Change language inside the game.
3) Change language prior to installation in the setup menu of the ionstaller.
4) Download a language specific installer.

He was complaining (if I am not mistaken) about a case in which none of those were possible and the only possibility was to change language by changing the language inside of Galaxy. I cannot test or confirm this myself since I don't own the game and nobody answered the post of the user who was complaining about this ... so it's not even proven if this ever was the case (maybe he just did not know about the possibilities I described above).
falloutttt: Is there no "Your Profile" in Galaxy 2.0 ? ;(

Aside from that, it's pretty awesome!
Not yet.
Carradice: Is there a published list of the platform integrations already available?
Since there are many custom made integrations out there you should find quite a few using google. I myself have found and use the following integrations:

Steam, Epic, Uplay, Steam, Origin (all available after installation), Humble (custom made)

I don't use Xbox Live and Playstation live which are already available after installation.
RawSteelUT: As entertaining as this exchange has been, and it's INCREDIBLY entertaining, I have to remind you, Marko, that you're wasting time. You're debating with someone who just wants to spread FUD against a company that has done nothing to earn the ire. Some people just assume the worst, even if it takes giant leaps of logic and faith.
Thank you. You might be correct - but as long as people are still bringing up arguments I usually think that they deserve to get arguments as well. If people are just ranting without bringing up arguments I will stop the conversation imediately. In the case above I think alll is said and done now and we both stated our POV :)
This sounds amazing ... hopes of Cyberpunk still working on Win7 just went up :)
STBill: I love the new look on tags! The only thing I haven't found yet is my profile.
Well, it is not there yet, so you probably won't find it any time soon ;)
There are still a few features missing. At the moment GOG is completely focusing on the integration part since this is obviously the biggest plus side of Gaalxy 2 in direct comparision to Galaxy 1. I am pretty sure thought that they will add these basic features at a later time. For now you will still need to use your browser for accessing your profile.
MarkoH01: Well, not exactly.
GOG usually has four possibilities to change the language of the game (depending on the game and installer they provided):

1) Change language with the help of an additional executable (i.e. language_setup.exe).
2) Change language inside the game.
3) Change language prior to installation in the setup menu of the ionstaller.
4) Download a language specific installer.

He was complaining (if I am not mistaken) about a case in which none of those were possible and the only possibility was to change language by changing the language inside of Galaxy. I cannot test or confirm this myself since I don't own the game and nobody answered the post of the user who was complaining about this ... so it's not even proven if this ever was the case (maybe he just did not know about the possibilities I described above).
Fair enough. I don't remember seeing any of the additional methods you mention other than the language option in the installer... which is what I meant by reinstall being the only option (I worded that poorly).

But based on what you're saying it still seems like his complaint is pretty much baseless.
GAMorales: And when GOG gets big enough they can change the DRM policy and simply shake off those of us care and were here before.
You really think GOG will EVER have even close to the same market share as Steam. I doubt this will happen in my lifetime ... not without Steam going down (for whatever reason first). And before this happens GOG will NEVER introduce DRM.

But I have a question regarding this legal thingy. I never had the "pleasure" to sue a company and if I am not mistaken this is all about a case in which you would have to sue a company. Does this clause really mean thatt hey can do whatever they want? I am really asking this out of curiosity not because I want to play this down.
NinjaShadow24: However, Steam keeps losing its connection after using my login information. I have linked Origin & Uplay so I know that it can work, but the Steam integration seems to be a bit finicky at the moment (for me at least).
Keep in mind that you will have to "remember my login data chackbox" ticked on the Steam login. I had this problem in the closed beta state.
toxicTom: What you can do if the game is ie. from Steam but is actually DRM-free:
- Download and install the game using the Steam client (if you need to do extra stuff to make it DRM-free, do it)
- Use the "Add game" function to add another (independent) entry of the game and "link the executable". Now you have to entries of the game, the Steam-one and the "independent" one with Galaxy conveniently merged into one.
- You can now start the game without Steam running
Which is exactly what I did with EVERY "DRM-free" title from other clients :)
keeveek: For a very strange reason my GOG galaxy is pitch-black. There's no purple background like on most screens. I can't see any option to change this?

Btw. Galaxy works pretty sluggish for me. But I have ~3500-4000 games across various platforms imported, this may be the reason.
It should start in purple but it will change color whenever you enter a gamnepage in your library (imo that's a bad idea which I reported since some colors are not very good to see).
So still no Linux support? Shame! Well No Tux! No Bucks!

More money for Steam then, which has a proper Linux support in place!
Post edited December 10, 2019 by Woolytoes
dr.solveberg: This may be a stupid question, but how do I search for games in the store with this new client?
If I search for a game in the top left, it'll only direct me to the activity page, but not the game's store page.
Click on "Featured" to access the main site and then "All games" to browse through ... well ... all games :)

dr.solveberg: Also, is there an option to visit the store page of games I already own from the library/game's activity page, like in the previous client? I can't seem to find it.
Not yet

dr.solveberg: edit: Scratch that first question. You have to click buy on the top, after you've searched for it, and it will direct you to the store. A little convoluted I think.
Well - as you can see, there's another way as well.