It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This is the gifting thread, everyone can decide on their own if they like to just dump codes, or in a way wrap up a gift nicely before handing it over. :)

I do however think requests/wishes should be done otherwise than what I see on last pages.
Post edited November 24, 2014 by joriandrake
joriandrake: This is the gifting thread, everyone can decide on their own if they like to just dump codes, or in a way wrap up a gift nicely before handing it over. :)
Of course every one can do what they want with codes. But it is not very polite to clutter up this thread with codes when there already is another thread for code dumping :-)
high rated
I'm back! Let's profit from the sales while we still can.

Same deal as yesterday -- three copies of Planescape: Torment are eating up unnecessary space in my gift inventory. PM to claim one.

Edit: whoa, that went a lot faster than the last time. I've got three PMs already, so if you're reading this, you're too late. :-)
Post edited November 24, 2014 by Nudiustertian
Nudiustertian: I'm back! Let's profit from the sales while we still can.

Same deal as yesterday -- three copies of Planescape: Torment are eating up unnecessary space in my gift inventory. PM to claim one.
is it like Ice wind Dale? because I couldn't even pass the trolls cave in that one :D

What's up with you giving so many Planescape: Torment codes? :D
algirdexas699: What's up with you giving so many Planescape: Torment codes? :D
It's one of the most memorable games I've played, and it's a privilege to share it. If even one of the people I've gifted it to finishes it, my investment has paid off.
OmarTheSyrian: is it like Ice wind Dale? because I couldn't even pass the trolls cave in that one :D
No, PS: T is far easier combat-wise. In fact, combat just being a time waster is one of the lesser aspects of the game. What you do need is a love for reading, because there's screens upon screens of text. It's all worth reading, but this is not a game for people who like action RPGs.
Post edited November 24, 2014 by Nudiustertian
Nudiustertian: It's one of the most memorable games I've played, and it's a privilege to share it. If even one of the people I've gifted it to finishes it, my investment has paid back itself.
Awesome intention, you're an example worthy of following, you have my respect! I think I'll do the same in the near future :)
Nudiustertian: It's one of the most memorable games I've played, and it's a privilege to share it. If even one of the people I've gifted it to finishes it, my investment has paid off.
OmarTheSyrian: is it like Ice wind Dale? because I couldn't even pass the trolls cave in that one :D
Nudiustertian: No, PS: T is far easier combat-wise. In fact, combat just being a time waster is one of the lesser aspects of the game. What you do need is a love for reading, because there's screens upon screens of text. It's all worth reading, but this is not a game for people who like action RPGs.
I love reading as long as it's interesting and not just a filler, so the game is a mixture of Adventure and Action, and not combat based?
Post edited November 24, 2014 by OmarTheSyrian
OmarTheSyrian: I love reading as long as it's interesting and not just a filler, so the game is a mixture of Adventure and Action, and not combat based?
There's no filler in Torment, I promise you that -- there's a lot of text that doesn't impact your character directly, but even that is interesting stuff. No "lore books" here. :-)

PS:T uses a modified version of the Baldur's Gate engine for combat, and make no mistake, there is combat -- the combat is just easier than in the other games based on this engine, especially if you are a veteran of BG1 and BG2. A lot of the tougher fights can even be avoided by talking your way out.

It's definitely a role-playing game and not a straight adventure. How you act in the game matters. Your development is not based on how well you grind in combat, though -- defeating enemies generally gives piddly XP compared to progressing in the story. In fact, on my very first run my character didn't even have a high enough level to cast the most powerful spells in the game at the end.
Post edited November 25, 2014 by Nudiustertian
OmarTheSyrian: I love reading as long as it's interesting and not just a filler, so the game is a mixture of Adventure and Action, and not combat based?
Nudiustertian: There's no filler in Torment, I promise you that -- there's a lot of text that doesn't impact your character directly, but even that is interesting stuff. No "lore books" here. :-)

PS:T uses a modified version of the Baldur's Gate engine for combat, and make no mistake, there is combat -- the combat is just easier than in the other games based on this engine, especially if you are a veteran of BG1 and BG2. A lot of the tougher fights can even be avoided by talking your way out.

It's definitely a role-playing game and not a straight adventure. How you act in the game matters. Your development is not based on how well you grind in combat, though -- defeating enemies generally gives piddly XP compared to progressing in the story. In fact, on my very first run my character didn't even have a high enough level to cast the most powerful spells in the game at the end.
Good to hear that, interesting text is always welcome.

I heard that Baldur's gate combat is easier than Icewind Dale, I haven't played BG at all actually, maybe in the future.

Yes I know that, I just meant that it has some adventure elements.

it really seems as a cool game.

Edit: I would like to have a copy, if it still available of course.
Post edited November 25, 2014 by OmarTheSyrian

Because that game is AWESOME!!! lol.

Edit: whoa, that went a lot faster than the last time. I've got three PMs already, so if you're reading this, you're too late. :-)
Thank you very much. :-)
Can anyone gift me Avernum Saga before the sale ends? If not, if someone is feeling generous, I'd appreciate it. I missed the Spiderweb Software bundle giveaway. So any help would be great.
Edited
Post edited November 25, 2014 by truhlik
joriandrake: This is the gifting thread, everyone can decide on their own if they like to just dump codes, or in a way wrap up a gift nicely before handing it over. :)
moonshineshadow: Of course every one can do what they want with codes. But it is not very polite to clutter up this thread with codes when there already is another thread for code dumping :-)
^^^^ this.Plus its obvious gifting and code dumping are two different things......