It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

stg83: Well not your generosity specifically as you may be fine with this but it invariably trickles down and affects other members of the community, which invariably leads to good folks being exploited for being generous or get scammed on the trading thread. Just consider taking a few minutes to ask for a reply or a PM to giveaway your games if possible, thank you.
I wasn't around for that. Do you mind enlightening me how this trickle down effect works? I'm honestly having a hard time seeing it. Trading is always full of trust issues, of course, I can see that -- but how does dropping keys affect that? And more importantly, how do PMs prevent it? It seems to me that unless you vet recipients it still wouldn't make a difference?

I don't mind if I'm coming off as dense, so don't mind calling me that. :-)
Post edited November 22, 2014 by Nudiustertian
Nudiustertian: I wasn't around for that. Do you mind enlightening me how this trickle down effect works? I'm honestly having a hard time seeing it. Trading is always full of trust issues, of course, I can see that -- but how does dropping keys affect that?

No not at all, well the original Ninja thread was closed because it became quite hostile with some users only lurking in that thread specifically to get the next free game. More recently you can somewhat observe this trend on another open gifting thread where there are some users that only seem to show up and can't be found anywhere else on the forum.

Eventually, it is atleast a few of those same user accounts that have turned out be scammers and have exploited people in the trading thread as well as another pay it forward gifting thread

You can find more information and details on these issues on the following thread which also links to a GOGwiki page.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/known_scammers/post1
Post edited November 22, 2014 by stg83
As far as I can tell, requiring people to PM you does nothing to reducing scamming as such -- it just makes the scams private affairs, in that a bad deal or "undeserved" gift doesn't become public and stir up drama from people who want to throw in their opinions on the thing.

In deference of the fact that there are people who will make a problem of it, and that it costs me very little additional effort, I'll require a PM from now on. I will probably still give away things to people who don't deserve it, according to someone's opinion, but then you won't be able to see it, and everybody's happy. :-)
Nudiustertian: In deference of the fact that there are people who will make a problem of it, and that it costs me very little additional effort, I'll require a PM from now on. I will probably still give away things to people who don't deserve it, according to someone's opinion, but then you won't be able to see it, and everybody's happy. :-)
Yes, you're are correct requiring a PM does not deter or reduce scamming particularly but it is still slightly better then open code drops which just serves to attract more lurkers and scammers with hardly any effort on their part, giving the impression that folks here might be too gullible and susceptible to further exploitation. I suggested the PM option specifically since you mentioned that you did not care who the gift goes to and determination of an "undeserved" gift is indeed highly subjective.

Thank you for your consideration as you mentioned that requiring a PM doesn't really require substantial additional effort. In the end they are your games to giveaway in whichever way and whomever that you want to gift them to, these are all merely suggestions. :)
hummer010: I snagged this! Thank you!
You're welcome .
Nudiustertian: I wasn't around for that. Do you mind enlightening me how this trickle down effect works? I'm honestly having a hard time seeing it. Trading is always full of trust issues, of course, I can see that -- but how does dropping keys affect that?

stg83: No not at all, well the original Ninja thread was closed because it became quite hostile with some users only lurking in that thread specifically to get the next free game. More recently you can somewhat observe this trend on another open gifting thread where there are some users that only seem to show up and can't be found anywhere else on the forum.
How ironic when you are/were one of the biggest culprits. And no, I wouldn't call quoting and agreeing with every post foxworks, Sachys and other prominent gifters make "forum participation".
Is here someone, who would be kind enough to gift out Two Worlds Epic Edition?

Many thanks.
high rated
I have five keys for Dracula 4+5, so if someone is interrested just reply or PM me. :-)

All keys are gone.
Post edited November 22, 2014 by Xardas722
Xardas722: I have five keys for Dracula 4+5, so if someone is interrested just reply or PM me. :-)
GOG, Steam...? I'd ask for one, but only if it's GOG. Not a very loved sequel to the originals, or so I read, but sounds pretty decent to me.
Tannath: GOG, Steam...? I'd ask for one, but only if it's GOG. Not a very loved sequel to the originals, or so I read, but sounds pretty decent to me.
It is the GOG version.
PM sent. :-)
Tannath: GOG, Steam...? I'd ask for one, but only if it's GOG. Not a very loved sequel to the originals, or so I read, but sounds pretty decent to me.
Xardas722: It is the GOG version.
Brilliant! Thanks a lot!
Does anyone have any adventure games (point and clicks) to gift? trying to get the pregnant missus into gaming since she will be having plenty of time off lol! Thanks guys!
spiekuta: Does anyone have any adventure games (point and clicks) to gift? trying to get the pregnant missus into gaming since she will be having plenty of time off lol! Thanks guys!
Isn't Teen Agent point 'n click?
high rated
spiekuta: Does anyone have any adventure games (point and clicks) to gift? trying to get the pregnant missus into gaming since she will be having plenty of time off lol! Thanks guys!
Post edited November 22, 2014 by Xardas722
Xardas722: PM sent. :-)
Thanks!