It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ungunbu: is there any interest in one of the games currently on the weekend promo for a possible giveaway?
lugum: I think there is always someone wanting a certain game, so any?
really? i hoped to find something specific but i imagine you are correct

--

any suggestion on how such a giveaway should be organized? it would be my first time
Post edited May 19, 2014 by Ungunbu
Ungunbu: really? i hoped to find something specific but i imagine you are correct

--

any suggestion on how such a giveaway should be organized? it would be my first time
Well, people do it in different ways. Usually they start a new thread and post the entry requirements and the prizes. Entry requirements vary from simply saying "I'm in" to writing stories or solving complex puzzles (some of which are still unsolved :P).
low rated
lugum: I think there is always someone wanting a certain game, so any?
Ungunbu: really? i hoped to find something specific but i imagine you are correct

--

Well i think many can enjoy Secret Agent.

It depends on how much effort you want to put into it, if you want to hold a giveaway based on people's writing and judge it on that it will take some time to go through all that.
Usually i find it fun to do a giveaway around the game you are giving away, thus with Secret Agent think something around that, something secret, perhaps something james bond like.
Post edited May 19, 2014 by lugum

--

blotunga: Well, people do it in different ways. Usually they start a new thread and post the entry requirements and the prizes. Entry requirements vary from simply saying "I'm in" to writing stories or solving complex puzzles (some of which are still unsolved :P).
i'm thinking about a simple rep requirement (25+) and a kind of lottery system -- first N (say 50?) members that opt in will be randomly picked (by me) to get the game

does it sound ok?
low rated
Ungunbu: i'm thinking about a simple rep requirement (25+) and a kind of lottery system -- first N (say 50?) members that opt in will be randomly picked (by me) to get the game

does it sound ok?
Rep is dead.
Ungunbu: i'm thinking about a simple rep requirement (25+) and a kind of lottery system -- first N (say 50?) members that opt in will be randomly picked (by me) to get the game

does it sound ok?
Venhiem: Rep is dead.
i think you should not be the one saying that with -51 rep, ain't it?

does it sound ok?
Yes, although I wouldn't limit the number of entrants and I would have an exception list for the low rep. Some users (especially from Pakistan, but not just them) are wrongfully targeted by rep bots. So I personally would add something like (min rep 25 or having created a giveaway before this one started on GOG - with proof required). This way you still can filter out beggars, bots etc.
I agree, Venheim here is one of our more pro-active members, but has been targeted for some reason by downrepping bots.
Post edited May 19, 2014 by blotunga

does it sound ok?
blotunga: Yes, although I wouldn't limit the number of entrants and I would have an exception list for the low rep. Some users (especially from Pakistan, but not just them) are wrongfully targeted by rep bots. So I personally would add something like (min rep 25 or having created a giveaway before this one started on GOG - with proof required). This way you still can filter out beggars, bots etc.
makes sense!

--

i was thinking about darkstone for the giveaway (not in the promo) -- i think it's an appreciated game

EDIT
even better -- you choose the game with a max price of $6
Ungunbu: makes sense!

--

i was thinking about darkstone for the giveaway (not in the promo) -- i think it's an appreciated game
You can give away anything, and I'm willing to bet you'll find someone who doesn't has it. I mean if Torchlight sold like hot cakes during the Insomnia sale, nothing surprises me anymore :D.
Ungunbu: even better -- you choose the game with a max price of $6
Max price giveaway usually attract more entrants :)

does it sound ok?
blotunga: Yes, although I wouldn't limit the number of entrants and I would have an exception list for the low rep. Some users (especially from Pakistan, but not just them) are wrongfully targeted by rep bots. So I personally would add something like (min rep 25 or having created a giveaway before this one started on GOG - with proof required). This way you still can filter out beggars, bots etc.
blotunga: I agree, Venheim here is one of our more pro-active members, but has been targeted for some reason by downrepping bots.
i did not know about rep bots!
Ungunbu: i did not know about rep bots!
It's the new "hit" around here. Many people were hit lately, as I said users from Pakistan were hit suspiciously often, but also people getting/giving gifts in the Ninja Thread, this thread and the Non-Gog gifting thread.
Ungunbu: makes sense!

--

blotunga: You can give away anything, and I'm willing to bet you'll find someone who doesn't has it. I mean if Torchlight sold like hot cakes during the Insomnia sale, nothing surprises me anymore :D.
Ungunbu: even better -- you choose the game with a max price of $6
blotunga: Max price giveaway usually attract more entrants :)
you said limiting number of entrants is no good -- a time constraint maybe? e.g., you can opt int till sunday (my timezone GMT+1) or similar?

EDIT
actually i'm GMT+2 :)
Ungunbu: you said limiting number of entrants is no good -- a time constraint maybe? e.g., you can opt int till sunday (my timezone GMT+1) or similar?
Of course. the giveaway has to end sometime :P
Ungunbu: you said limiting number of entrants is no good -- a time constraint maybe? e.g., you can opt int till sunday (my timezone GMT+1) or similar?
Well yes, it's either A or B. Usually people use a time constraint. It can be a day, or a week or anything between, it's up to you to decide :). I usually set a flexible date (like sometime next week) and usually draw it when I see that interest is getting low (no new entrants for some time or only very few of them)
Venhiem: Of course. the giveaway has to end sometime :P
lol -- i meant: is it better a "max number of entrants" or "max time to opt in" limit?