It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Zchinque: Is this when I insert a penis joke?
Sachys: might be better with a bun and some onions!
I'll take a look, and see what I can find....
Shadow Man while is on Insomnia last chance promo. I wonder if someone taken it in time. ;-)
Someone have Leisure suit larry collection?
Post edited November 16, 2013 by legomaster
KneeTheCap: Is it just me, or do people create accounts solely for the purpose of asking games?
teshra: Its not you. This forum over time has turned into a scammer and leechers paradise. This xmas season is gonna be ugly.
Is there a way for us to differentiate the solely leeches with the better one that worth the give away sharing, looking at their rep rating?
Post edited November 16, 2013 by Muttala
teshra: Its not you. This forum over time has turned into a scammer and leechers paradise. This xmas season is gonna be ugly.
Muttala: Is there a way for us to differentiate the solely leeches with the better one that worth the give away sharing, looking at their rep rating?
Well I think the rep gives a good indication if the person has participated in this community. I am not saying that they're not a part of it, but it does indicate activity. It's sad to see accounts from 2008 with one rep point (that they got during the infamous "community giveaway")

If you don't share this view, I understand. This is only my personal view of things in here.
Yeah, you've got a much better chance of having games gifted to you if you contribute to the community and get your rep up. If all you do is post requests in giveaway threads.. people will notice and downrep you.
Post edited November 16, 2013 by spoderman
high rated
Muttala: Is there a way for us to differentiate the solely leeches with the better one that worth the give away sharing, looking at their rep rating?
KneeTheCap: Well I think the rep gives a good indication if the person has participated in this community. I am not saying that they're not a part of it, but it does indicate activity. It's sad to see accounts from 2008 with one rep point (that they got during the infamous "community giveaway")

If you don't share this view, I understand. This is only my personal view of things in here.
Rep isn't really a true indicator of contributors to this community. All rep means is they post a lot. Its better than nothing though.
I can name at least 5 people right now who have high rep and all they really do here is take games. They enter practically every giveaway (except for ones they already have) and they're ALWAYS in any of the threads where games are given away looking for that next key for a game they don't have. There are people with high rep who easily take 5-10 games a week and if they give back, its a game that someone else anonymously gave them to give back. All you have to do is pay attention to see who they are. Some act like community ambassadors and act like they are giving back to the community in some way but really, they came here for the games and stayed because they hit the jackpot in terms of adding games to their collection.

So, to answer Muttala's question, just open your eyes and observe who is getting games and how often regardless of what their rep is. The new people with low rep are observing this same behavior from those with high rep and also want in on the action so they try to follow suit.
KneeTheCap, spoderman

Thanks for the sharing, that's very helpful. let me upvote your posts.

I used to be a lurker and register just to buy games. then I discover this thread recently and feel good that it seems like circulating a good energy which I like - helping each others that really missed a promo or something. Then, I started to give away a few games that I don't play because of steam etc. (personal preference) and ask if someone can help for one that I missed. However, later something is telling me not right when I see too many requests just popping up no here.

Your explanation clear my doubt.
Post edited November 16, 2013 by Muttala
If anyone's feeling in a generous mood, Star Control 1+2 Would really make my weekend awesome

nvm
Post edited November 16, 2013 by tokisto
Hey guys, I recently picked up a joystick again, so I'm looking to circle back and play some classic space combat games I missed the first time around. I played a lot of X-Wing and TIE Fighter back in the day, but missed out on a lot of good games.

If someone would be willing to gift me Freespace 2 or one of the Wing Commander games, that would be awesome.
low rated
A little bump for my request, Larry Greatest Hits and Misses, now on sale :)
If someone would buy me the real texas I can buy them a game when I have money, thanks!
Just a small wish...

If someone had a spare Deus Ex GOTY that would be great!

Thanks
Post edited November 17, 2013 by the_atm
high rated
Kennethor: If someone would buy me the real texas I can buy them a game when I have money, thanks!
I can do this