It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I was using GoJays2025's spreadsheet for this topic and found that it's reached it's maximum column allotment... so I shoehorned myself in as a "Q" name. Was that alright?
Post edited June 30, 2014 by pakopakojr
I've been thinking, there will always be scammers frequenting threads with free games trying to steal codes for future trades or resales. Then what if gifters would restrict the time one has to redeem the game they've received? Something along the lines of "Congratulations, here's the code. You have X time to redeem it, after which I'll be forwarding it to the next eligible person (GOG lets us check if a gift has been redeemed)" That way it would be much harder for scammers to take advantage of people's generosity. A couple of days I think should be enough. What does everyone think?
Post edited June 30, 2014 by ashwald
ashwald: snip
Good idea. That would help prevent THIS kind of problem in the future:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/known_scammers/post763
BillyMaysFan59: Good idea. That would help prevent THIS kind of problem in the future:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/known_scammers/post763
Now you're going to make me crosscheck my spreadsheet with GOG's gifted gamed list ;-)
foxworks: Now you're going to make me crosscheck my spreadsheet with GOG's gifted gamed list ;-)
:O

Rubber nipples for EVRYBODY!
low rated
Gimme Gimme Gimme

I NEED ALL THE GAMEZ!!1!!1
ashwald: "Congratulations, here's the code. You have X time to redeem it, after which I'll be forwarding it to the next eligible person (GOG lets us check if a gift has been redeemed)"
I thought that's what the policy was any way? (Or at least that's what I've seen on those Giveaway threads; the winner is unavailable or comments that they have the game and the Question is re-opened.)
Everyone uses whatever rules they want in their giveaways as far as I know. Sometimes they might have such a policy, sometimes they might not. But I posted this here to propose a way to deal with possible scammers right here in the gifting thread. (Not that the same could not also apply to giveaways but that's another story). Actually, maybe I should edit that "won" above so that people don't misunderstand.
ashwald: I've been thinking, there will always be scammers frequenting threads with free games trying to steal codes for future trades or resales. Then what if gifters would restrict the time one has to redeem the game they've received? Something along the lines of "Congratulations, here's the code. You have X time to redeem it, after which I'll be forwarding it to the next eligible person (GOG lets us check if a gift has been redeemed)" That way it would be much harder for scammers to take advantage of people's generosity. A couple of days I think should be enough. What does everyone think?
Great idea. People giving games are doing so out of generosity, I hate it when people abuse that.
neomaniak: ...Please, can someone, anyone, gift me the first Witcher game? ...
If not, well, thanks anyway. :)
DeMignon: Wish fulfilled as far as I know ;-)
Yes, i forgot to comment about this.

I have alredy been gifted. Thanks everyone!
high rated
Tistonic: any1 has spare Knights and merchant? wondering if it's less buggy compare to steam if any1 has it on gog and played it.
Done check PM.
Tistonic: any1 has spare Knights and merchant? wondering if it's less buggy compare to steam if any1 has it on gog and played it.
DampSquib: Done check PM.
awesome, thanks you
Does any1 hv an extra copy of the games Omerta: City of Gangsters, Still life 2 or Alan Wake: American Nightmare that were given free during the summer sale? I missed them unfortunately due 2 work timings so would really appreciate if i could get my hands on these games. Thanks. :)
is there any that have outlast + dlc or just outlast i whant it
i have cd-key for this game WITCHER: ENHANCED EDITION, THE
that can be yours when i get outlast
Post edited July 03, 2014 by kmja
All of them are taken. Better go fast people!
Post edited July 03, 2014 by Geri11