It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

toxicTom: I just noticed that especially when LucasArts came here earlier this week, suddenly a lot of people with ancient register dates, no rep and "New User" tag suddenly became active.
Sachys: theyve been lurking all this time just for that day. creepy eh!
But understandable. Kind of.
Sachys: theyve been lurking all this time just for that day. creepy eh!
toxicTom: But understandable. Kind of.
thats like saying its fine to stalk someone for years and when they're finally single go up to them and completely fuck up your chat up line by being creepy, weird and wearing their stolen underwear as a face mask!

NOW TAKE MY Y-FRONTS OFF YOUR HEAD!!!
Post edited November 02, 2014 by Sachys
toxicTom: I just noticed that especially when LucasArts came here earlier this week, suddenly a lot of people with ancient register dates, no rep and "New User" tag suddenly became active.
I am in a similar situation. I buy some game last year, but ignore community until recent (I think until Privateer 2 sale). I like the "New user" tag (why not? I am a new user). My rep reach 5 any time but goes down, up, down and up again (this things happen). So, rep is not a good sign of being a lurker. Maybe he have more rep in the past.
Sachys: NOW TAKE MY Y-FRONTS OFF YOUR HEAD!!!
Did you mean: string thong
siulebuo: I am in a similar situation. I buy some game last year, but ignore community until recent (I think until Privateer 2 sale). I like the "New user" tag (why not? I am a new user). My rep reach 5 any time but goes down, up, down and up again (this things happen). So, rep is not a good sign of being a lurker. Maybe he have more rep in the past.
If your rep goes down, you're either down repped for certain reasons like controversial posts, negativity, bad attitude etc. or you are being trolled, which is a highly rare case.
Sachys: NOW TAKE MY Y-FRONTS OFF YOUR HEAD!!!
toxicTom: Did you mean: string thong
NARP! - think the budgie smugglers belong to foxworks
HijacK: or you are being trolled, which is a highly rare case.
hmmm... you didnt see what happened before ninja thread closed then?!
Post edited November 02, 2014 by Sachys
HijacK: If your rep goes down, you're either down repped for certain reasons like controversial posts, negativity, bad attitude etc. or you are being trolled, which is a highly rare case.
Like when you have been down repped today?
HijacK: If your rep goes down, you're either down repped for certain reasons like controversial posts, negativity, bad attitude etc. or you are being trolled, which is a highly rare case.
siulebuo: Like when you have been down repped today?
Pretty much.
toxicTom: Did you mean: string thong
Sachys: NARP! - think the budgie smugglers belong to foxworks
HijacK: or you are being trolled, which is a highly rare case.
Sachys: hmmm... you didnt see what happened before ninja thread closed then?!
I didn't. I took a break from the community back then. Came back when Ninja thread 2.0 was becoming a thing.
Post edited November 02, 2014 by HijacK
siulebuo: Like when you have been down repped today?
HijacK: Pretty much.
Sachys: NARP! - think the budgie smugglers belong to foxworks

hmmm... you didnt see what happened before ninja thread closed then?!
HijacK: I didn't. I took a break from the community back then. Came back when Ninja thread 2.0 was becoming a thing.
its never been anything other than pointless and shit. ;)

well, just so you know, old ninja became a sea of dark orange, low rated hate. thats why we dont need v2.0.

check the first TBBBBOB GA for a little more insight.
HijacK: Pretty much.

I didn't. I took a break from the community back then. Came back when Ninja thread 2.0 was becoming a thing.
Sachys: its never been anything other than pointless and shit. ;)

well, just so you know, old ninja became a sea of dark orange, low rated hate. thats why we dont need v2.0.

I will. I think I came back when TBBBoB 2 was going on. And you excluded me because you didn't like my format. :C
Sachys: its never been anything other than pointless and shit. ;)

HijacK: I will. I think I came back when TBBBoB 2 was going on. And you excluded me because you didn't like my format. :C
could be - but the rules are rules for a reason. knowingly allowing anyone to "slip through" with a breach of them devalues what we're trying to do and opens it up for the kind of scummers we've seen listed (with proof) in the known scammers thread. therefore: its a fairer deal for everyone to do it that way, rather than allow loopholes for any particular individual.

ooh! - that might have come a cross a bit stern / ranty - not the intention.
Sachys: could be - but the rules are rules for a reason. knowingly allowing anyone to "slip through" with a breach of them devalues what we're trying to do and opens it up for the kind of scummers we've seen listed (with proof) in the known scammers thread. therefore: its a fairer deal for everyone to do it that way, rather than allow loopholes for any particular individual.
Can't really seem to get why people are so selfish.. Codes are literally just given out for free, every. single. day..
I guess most scammers are like squirrels, wherein they hoard away their games for a later date. What fun is in
that? You never have the time to play because you are so busy being a heartless jerk!

If people only wait, they will eventually get their game. If they truly can't afford to get it at that moment and
can't wait to play it because it gives them some happiness then go right ahead and be like normal people
who ask here. There are even instances where people will put their wish lists! Chances are more than
likely that someone will respond.
Countless others as well as I am proof of such generosity of people who feel bliss when they know they
can impact someone day at the very least. That, is the right way to be.

Your thread makes a lot of sense in comparison to the ninja thread but I think people will continue to use it
because some don't like going through the hassle of donating codes and just get rid of them and the people
will still keep coming because of that. I think there will probably always be a "ninja" thread.

What has been done and what has been successful so far has been the scammers thread where you can keep
tabs on people who show suspicious behaviors.

Just my thoughts,

- Tim
toxicTom: Don't let my join date fool you. I've been active on the forums only since the beginning of this year, although I've not been lurking too. Came here to buy some oldies I wanted once in a while and have ignored the community (foolish me) for years.

I just noticed that especially when LucasArts came here earlier this week, suddenly a lot of people with ancient register dates, no rep and "New User" tag suddenly became active.
Well, in all honesty, it wasn't just LucasArts that got me stoked. I was pretty darned hyped when I learned that they had a great Sierra game catalog as well as some of the DOS games that I used to play. Being an RPG and Adventure game fan, Darklands, Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, the "Ultima" series, etc. were *awesome* finds!

On the journey however, there were many indie games, kickstarter spin-offs and other treasures that I wouldn't have found had it not been for GOG.

Yes, I could have found some of them and maybe exclusive others on Steam (one of my favorites is Gary's Mod); however, I don't like the idea of using some soul-sucking, tethering and constantly advertising satellite application monitoring my gaming use. I was pretty disappointed in having to use Steam to run Skyrim, one of my favorite games in the Elder Scrolls series.

Cheers!
Anyone feeling generous to gift Lands of Lore, Stonekeep or Legend of Grimrock 1?

Thank you a lot :)
low rated
Are the Icewind Dale games any good?

I would really love to watch this movie if someone is feeling generous http://www.gog.com/movie/pixel_poetry
I love these documentary type movies about games.
Post edited November 05, 2014 by Ki11s0n3