It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lord_Kane: Yeah that lines up with my own experience because the crazy as fuck thing is the two spear of destiny addon packs are still available with the steam version for the moment too, so I sense Bethseda fuckery here or they intend to do the same to the steam version when no doubt it gets updated before the next god awful Wolfenstein game gets announced/released.

If Doom 2016 ever comes to GOG I will be really REALLY hesitant to purchase it here.
it will be a battle of wills for the ages with me.
M4XXST3IN: I wish Doom 2016 would come here
So do I.
M4XXST3IN: Doom 2016 is the top game missing for my GOG collection, even if it only came with single player mode with no snap map I would purchase it

It seems that Doom 2016 is push towards Xbox
Single Player alone would be enough, that's right. The important thing is that it has no online garbage, like other games.
jadedrakerider: Glad this story had a happy ending for you! This isn't really a GOG issue fundamentally: it is a licensing issue. Licensing law is a gigantic cluster.
I am quite sure GOG was not aware of the problem until it was brought to the forum.

It's not GOG's decision to make how Wolfenstein and Spears get distributed, but Bethesta's. Then I think having a combined version of both was actually a good idea, the problem was that the combined version was missing some content from Spears.
Having an idea how executives think I am pretty sure that not even the guys at Bethesda didn't know that the new version they gave us had some content cut out. I also probably would not have noticed if not for the forum entry. How often do I play Spear of Destiny after all ...

This whole dramatic thing in my eyes was little more than a oversight. After they were made aware of the missing content it didn't take long to get it back. Now we can download both the old and the new installers.
How it is for new buyers, I don't know really.
Post edited May 20, 2023 by neumi5694
Not sure what it will take to have Doom 2016 here, if it does instant buy + Gifting
high rated
M4XXST3IN: Not sure what it will take to have Doom 2016 here, if it does instant buy + Gifting
I'd rather have Prey 2006, Wolfenstein 2009 and Rage.
SargonAelther: Prey 2006, Wolfenstein 2009 and Rage.
Y E S
M4XXST3IN: Not sure what it will take to have Doom 2016 here, if it does instant buy + Gifting
SargonAelther: I'd rather have Prey 2006, Wolfenstein 2009 and Rage.
Why not all 4? lol
Lord_Kane: Why not all 4? lol
exactly why not all 4
Because Bethesda can only do so many nice things...
Agreed but I assume Prey and Wolfenstein have legal issues. I don't know what the hold-up on Rage has been.

If it came down to Rage or Doom 2016, personally I'd rather have Doom 2016 here just because it has a lot more votes.
tfishell: Agreed but I assume Prey and Wolfenstein have legal issues. I don't know what the hold-up on Rage has been.

If it came down to Rage or Doom 2016, personally I'd rather have Doom 2016 here just because it has a lot more votes.
I'd rather have DOOM because it's a better game than RAGE. RAGE is like discount Borderlands or Mad Max. It's ok, but everything it did, has been done better.
tfishell: Agreed but I assume Prey and Wolfenstein have legal issues. I don't know what the hold-up on Rage has been.

paladin181: I'd rather have DOOM because it's a better game than RAGE. RAGE is like discount Borderlands or Mad Max. It's ok, but everything it did, has been done better.
The first half of RAGE was really, really good. Great pacing and gunplay. Even putting cars in worked. The second half it just ran out of steam. I prefer it to Borderlands.
paladin181: I'd rather have DOOM because it's a better game than RAGE. RAGE is like discount Borderlands or Mad Max. It's ok, but everything it did, has been done better.
The only doom I really liked was 3. I'm not a massive fan of arena shooters. Rage 1 was great, and so was Prey 2006 for that matter.
Post edited May 28, 2023 by SargonAelther

Rage is good but limited dated. Doom 2016 would be a better fit but Rage 1 & 2 would also be nice if they came, glad I'm not the only one that wants Doom 2016
MarkoH01: Edit: GOG resolved the issue on 01/25/2023 by readding the old versions of Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny back to the libraries of those who purchased the game before the change and therefore proving that they REALLY do listen to our feedback ... they are just not so big on talking ;) Thank you GOG for showing support for your customers in the end!
Well, something has changed again. Since this morning I am short a game from my library. After checking it out, it seems like Spear of Destiny is completely gone. There doesn't even appear to be a download for it under Wolfenstein 3D in my library either.

Edit: Account refresh does jack shit, still missing Spear of Destiny. So I went a round with the local GOG bot with nothing to show for it. Not even sure it reported the issue. Seems like when I try to report issues the damn thing just loops the same generic crap.
Post edited May 30, 2023 by EnforcerSunWoo
MarkoH01: Edit: GOG resolved the issue on 01/25/2023 by readding the old versions of Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny back to the libraries of those who purchased the game before the change and therefore proving that they REALLY do listen to our feedback ... they are just not so big on talking ;) Thank you GOG for showing support for your customers in the end!
EnforcerSunWoo: Well, something has changed again. Since this morning I am short a game from my library. After checking it out, it seems like Spear of Destiny is completely gone. There doesn't even appear to be a download for it under Wolfenstein 3D in my library either.

Edit: Account refresh does jack shit, still missing Spear of Destiny. So I went a round with the local GOG bot with nothing to show for it. Not even sure it reported the issue. Seems like when I try to report issues the damn thing just loops the same generic crap.
Try to avoit the bot using stylus and this:

div[data-default-form] {
display: block !important;
}

div[data-chat-wrap] {
display: none;
}

For URLs starting with https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

For what it's worth: my SOD is still in my library and I am still able to download it so it is not (yet) a general issue.
Post edited May 30, 2023 by MarkoH01