It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
As someone who has posted quite a cynical view of GOG.com previously in this thread, I also would like to say, in case somebody from GOG staff is reading this, thank you for possibly listening to your dissatisfied customers and restoring our access to the originally purchased version of Spear of Destiny.
Spectrum_Legacy: Awesome news, the pillage has been returned! And it only took 150 posts too, though Gog wouldn't care otherwise, abiding with Bathesda's works. Could have been worse... Unfortunately smaller profile games and publishers might still get away with this.

Anyway, stay vigilant!
I was just going to post about it. GOG thank you for listing!
Well colour me shocked, I really didn't think we'd see these again, but you guys actually did it.

Kudos for doing the right thing GOG, and thank you.
This seems to happened about a dozen hours after I posted about this on r/gog. I have to assume this was a coincidence and that GOG was working on this the whole time, but naturally there is something to be said about making some noise, when appropriate, outside this forum bubble.

And of course, staff talking to us would have been good. If they couldn't say anything while it was being fixed for legal concerns, at least saying "sorry, it's been fixed now" would have been nice.
Post edited January 25, 2023 by tfishell
Yeah, it's back. Thank you GOG.

Now if only we could get back the original PDF art book of Scorn, that would be even better.
Great news! Those are back, the very same games with my old tags on them, marvelous! Thank you GOG, you fixed it, that is the most important thing!
Attachments:
Harzzach: Sry to dissapoint you, but nothing special happened after logging out, closing the browser, restarted the browser and logged into GOG again. Still both entries, no changes.

Also no "new" Wolfenstein 3D entry with a slightly different spelling.

Whatever happened to you and others, it didnt happened to every one with those games in the library.
You are not disappointing me, and I provided fact not fiction. I also said 'might be as simple as you logging off and then back on again', often it isn't. The GOG Refresh option usually does the trick though.

It did happen to everyone, but some like you were yet to have your library refreshed before GOG added (restored) them back, so it never completed for you in time to see it.

There was never a different spelling for Wolfenstein 3D, certainly not for me, and I still have both Wolfenstein 3D entries in my library with identical spelling. They each just have a different GOG game ID. If you don't see two identical entries for Wolfenstein 3D in your library, then maybe try the GOG Refresh option. Be aware though, it might make other changes to your library, some perhaps unwanted, though they will likely occur eventually.

https://www.gog.com/user/refresh

P.S. GOG often leave versions available, so the files are still there, even though we may have lost visual access to them. If you still have the original link, as I do through my GOGcli GUI program, you can still download them, as was the case, and might still be, with a demo GOG removed from our libraries a year or so back. It is a different story when GOG cancel all access, which is what happened for many of us with Wolfenstein 3D, when our libraries got refreshed etc (original link no longer worked).
Post edited January 26, 2023 by Timboli
Spectrum_Legacy: Awesome news, the pillage has been returned! And it only took 150 posts too, though Gog wouldn't care otherwise, abiding with Bathesda's works. Could have been worse... Unfortunately smaller profile games and publishers might still get away with this.

Anyway, stay vigilant!
Well, will ya look at that?
Attachments:
So going forward, people who purchase Wolfenstein 3D on GOG will get Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny, and Spear of Destiny's two additional mission packs "Return to Danger" and "Ultimate Challenge"?
No idea, but it might be new buyers only get the new version of Wolfenstein 3D with Spear of Destiny without the two additional mission packs being included in the one download file. That could likely be the case, because in reality GOG just restored what those who already owned them, paid for, and that would not be the case for new buyers ... depends on Bethesda I guess. Has there been a complete turn-around? I expect not.
TheBigCore: So going forward, people who purchase Wolfenstein 3D on GOG will get Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny, and Spear of Destiny's two additional mission packs "Return to Danger" and "Ultimate Challenge"?
No, the mission packs are no longer available for new buyers. New buyers will only get the combined installer of Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny.
Grargar: No, the mission packs are no longer available for new buyers. New buyers will only get the combined installer of Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny.
Well, the standalone installer is back now.

The following files can be currently downloaded:

(a) setup_wolfenstein_3d_1.4_(28045).exe
from entry "Wolfenstein 3D"
Marked as 'new', they restored the old entry (edit: it also has my "completed" tag which I added a long time ago)

(b) setup_wolfenstein_3d_1.4_(58806).exe
Same name, this is the combined version many people were complaining about. I predict that it will be renamed soon to something like "Wolfenstein + Spear".

(c) setup_spear_of_destiny_1.4_(28045).exe
from entry "Wolfenstein: Spear of Destiny"
The entry was restored. This seems to be the same game version as before the merge, but with cloud savegame support added.

Of course there is no way to say what new buyers get without trying.
Post edited January 26, 2023 by neumi5694
TheBigCore: So going forward, people who purchase Wolfenstein 3D on GOG will get Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny, and Spear of Destiny's two additional mission packs "Return to Danger" and "Ultimate Challenge"?
Grargar: No, the mission packs are no longer available for new buyers. New buyers will only get the combined installer of Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny.
That's quite unfortunate, but since those who bought the original version with the two extra mission packs now have what they paid for back, I'm less concerned about this comparatively.
neumi5694: Well, the standalone installer is back now.

The following files can be currently downloaded:

(a) setup_wolfenstein_3d_1.4_(28045).exe
Marked as 'new', they restored the old entry (edit: it also has my "completed" tag which I added a long time ago)

(b) setup_wolfenstein_3d_1.4_(58806).exe
Same name, this is the combined version many people were complaining about. I predict that it will be renamed soon to something like "Wolfenstein + Spear".

(c) setup_spear_of_destiny_1.4_(28045).exe
from entry "Wolfenstein: Spear of Destiny"
The entry was restored. This seems to be the same game version as before the merge, but with cloud savegame support added.

Of course there is no way to say what new buyers get without trying.
That's for old buyers, because GOG manually re-added those entries to your account (check your recent order history).

According to GOGdb, new buyers will only get the new installer.
high rated
BIG THANKS to MarkH01, who started this thread, and all those who helped encourage GOG to do the right thing or made sure they realized their mistake ... all very encouraging.