It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

thank you a lot!
this was really fun
Thanks to Doc for this amazing experience. Not only for his overwhelming generosity, but also for all the effort put into making this MAJOR EVENT happen. Also people have chimed in and participated, each adding a little bit of themselves to make the tournament memorable.

Thanks again to Doc for the mention. It has been a pleasure and a honor to help. And yet again for the special prize. Yes, I have been overwhelmed.

I am publishing the results of the survey in about 12 hours, give or take, in this thread. Then I will add them to the characters spreadsheet for easy access. It has been heartwarming to have such a great response. I hope that you enjoy reading the results and finding who achieved what :-)
Thank you very much, Doc0075: you are constantly surpassing yourself and you are making difficult for us to find the right words to thank you.
This time, particularly, you have not only made your greatest giveaway, but you have even created a very enjoyable event, spreading joy and happiness through the forum.

I also want to thank you the other donors (Seb369 and Lone_Scout) and everyone who made this event even more enjoyable with their comments and contributions (Punington, TheDudeLebowski, krugos2 and Carradice).
Doc0075:
And yet another thank you from YET ANOTHER person you were amazingly generous to, giving even more hours of gaming away just because.

SUPER excited to play A Plague Tale - it's very different from my usual types of games. It's funny, I had never heard of Focus Home until they started releasing their games on GoG and I've since played through both Technomancer and Vampyr - both are absolutely exception. Can't wait to try this one (yes I know different developers and whatnot but I do believer a publish can "set a tone" or have a clear idea of the types of game they want to but out and the types of developers that can accomplish that and I've since fallen in love with them because it seems like Focus Home hits it on the head with the type of stuff I love to play)

gogamess: Played the first hours on Shenmue III and OMG it's wonderful, best game ever! ^_^
I've played at 1080p on max settings, and what amazing graphics! ^_^ And the music, the story, the first characters, ahhh I'm enjoying from the credits!
Nice to know - this is one I'm looking forward too as well. I never played the originals but I know exactly what they're about - it always intrigued me (a "life sim" with some of the more mundane aspects of that, mixed in with your traditional video game). So yeah, looking forward to it at some point.
I assume this is way too late to join?
Do we have the results of the voting ballots yet?
Tallima: Do we have the results of the voting ballots yet?
I second this question. :)
<censored> won all of them (by a lot). Anything otherwise means they were rigged, obviously.
high rated
Community awards: Fight club giveaway tournament at GOG!

First of all, thanks to everyone who participated.

Without any further ado, lets us proceed to review the results. The first three stages are given.

1) Most otherworldly or unconventional character.
35. Orkhepaj - Axela the lighthouse
14. Vythonaut - 010110101001010101011101 (5A955D)
33. Sulibor - Mother of All Mothers in Law

2) Most horrible monster or scary character.
57. luksmk - Mr. Fluffy Death
110. Pouyou-pouyou - <censored>

3) Most sweet or charming character
26. andysheets1975 - Mr. Nice Guy
1. SylvanFae - Celia
A big tie in the third place:
8. BranjoHello - Mr. Fiddlesticks
25. TheDudeLebowski - Gerald of Red Deer
43. finkleroy - April Ryan
95. Carradice - Jack the Knack
000. Doc0075 - Ringmaster

4) Most overall amazing character.
A threefold tie in the first position! Following the order in the list:
Next, tied:

5) Best character/background for a magic user.
Tied in the first position:
1. SylvanFae - Celia
96. Gigi444 - Mage Torvas
Next, tied:
42. Dogmaus - Pat Ronizing
76. Cavalary - Calad

6) Best roguish/con person/thief character.
Tied in the first position:
6. Lone_Scout - Skreetch Bonefoot
58. Mortius1 - The Bard
Next, tied:
30. Krimzon14 - Wren
110. Pouyou-pouyou - <censored>

7) Best true fighter: warriors, martial artists, boxers and the like.
Next, tied:
21. servobeupstry - UG
28. frost0 - ninja golem
41. BenKii - Ben Kii Nobi
62. artaion - Borzoi
77. cardangrille - Powerbomb
106. park_84 - Generic Superhero

8) Best character that happens to belong the the animal, vegetal or mineral kingdom.
Threefold tie!
99. XYCat - The Living Vegetable (Veggie)
Next, tied:
18. argamasa - Rock
20. Ixamyakxim - Blue Lightening
43. finkleroy - April Ryan
And, finally, in the third plateau:
68. Nicole28 - Koreskrocton

9) Best character that happens to be either an alien or a fantastic creature.
9. Enebias - Grndrgnrrgrlbdr (Dr. Stone)
11. erbello - Nexophorm
And then, tied:
20. Ixamyakxim - Blue Lightening
90. phaolo - Loxyklokyytx

10) What is the character that you would like most to meet in person?
26. andysheets1975 - Mr. Nice Guy
Then, tied:
And finally:
113. letsmaybeLP92 - Wumpus

Summary with graphics in the characters spreadsheet[/url] (soon)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/3/d/e/2PACX-1vRE0oikVpI3QtM48icPQHXR36yay2mUAI5lISWXK1h8bpw3tR-8Vodi1EMX8VV8dRY12g09vVF5d_UO/pubhtml#

Complete data from the survey

The graphics intended to appear on the spreadsheet come attached. Enjoy!
Attachments:
q1_q2.jpg (208 Kb)
q3_q4.jpg (216 Kb)
q5_q6.jpg (134 Kb)
q7_q8.jpg (209 Kb)
q9_q10.jpg (233 Kb)
Post edited January 13, 2021 by Carradice
I wrote this via chat, but your post deserves bump for visibility. Thank you for your work on the survey Carradice.

Edit:
Mother of All Mothers in Law has been critically touched by level of your kindness shown by voting on her. If she wasn’t petrified, she would probably implode.
Post edited January 13, 2021 by Sulibor
Sulibor: I wrote this via chat, but your post deserves bump for visibility. Thank you for your work on the survey Carradice.
Indeed thx Carradice+voters for this nice list :)
I want to make Trump jokes about the voting, but they were fair!

It was great to see the results. I agree with all of them. And thanks to the 1 person who voted for Circuit. 1 person! Can you believe it?! The voting was totally rigged.

Awww nuts. Trump joke came out anyway.
high rated
Now that the giveaway is over, I'd like to give a little behind the scenes on how I came up with my character.

Last year I participated in Doc's giveaway "Enter my Dungeon" which was a DnD based RPG game. In that one, I role-played as a Human Warrior named Captain BenKii who was a Starfleet officer stuck in this DnD dungeon (That's where the Captain comes from in my Epilogue. Trying to tie both giveaways together). After that giveaway, I thought if Doc ever had another one of these, that I would be a Star Wars character and call him Ben Kii Nobi. The name itself is a play off of my username and Ben Kenobi (better known as Obi-Wan Kenobi). The Jedi are one of my favorite character races but I've always had a problem with their whole philosophy of light side good; dark side bad. You see, I also play a lot of Final Fantasy games. In those games you have party members of Black mages and White mages. These particular mages were never defined as being good or evil; they simply had 2 different ways to help the main character defeat the end boss. With this thinking in mind, I didn't understand why Star Wars couldn't implement a character that walked the line between the 2 paths. With the exception of Jolee Bindo from Knights of the Old Republic and Kyle Katarn from the Jedi Knight series, these kinds of Jedi were not very prevalent in the Star Wars series.

The other thing I wanted to change from the typical Jedi was the signature lightsaber. Now don't get me wrong, the lightsaber is the coolest weapon in sci-fi history but it could be made a little better. Once again, Final Fantasy was inspiration on this. In Final Fantasy 8, the main character has a sword that shoots bullets. That was cool on its own but later in the game you get his ultimate weapon, The Lionheart, that basically lights up like a lightsaber.

I guess when you simplify it, I took Kyle Katarn's powers, gave him the Lionheart, and put a Obi-Wan personality to him creating Ben Kii Nobi.

So last year was Star Trek and this year was Star Wars. I think next year will be Stargate.

Colonel Ben K'Neill coming to a Doc giveaway in 2021. :D
Ixamyakxim: And yet another thank you from YET ANOTHER person you were amazingly generous to, giving even more hours of gaming away just because.

SUPER excited to play A Plague Tale - it's very different from my usual types of games..
For me as well, I'm a 2D pixel-head but this game is charming, really. This, Hellblade and Ghost of a Tale were my favourite 3D adventures I've played in 2020.
I join with you in thanking DOC not just for this but for many games that I have loved here on GOG!
Great survey, Rock wants to say thx for the three votes! The tavern is proud to celebrate the delivery of the awarded prizes.