It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Doc0075: Just in case you are wondering why I haven't posted the list of winners yet, I have done twice now and neither time has the post gone through in the thread. I will have to do it again tomorrow and maybe write it out by hand and then add it in smaller posts after.
Very frustrated as it has taken me hours to do.
If the post is too long, the forum won't post it or give an error message. The same is true if an existing post is edited to become too long. It'll just fail and not even give an error message. I suggest typing it out in notepad first, and then attempting to post it. If the forum rejects it, break it down into shorter posts.
I too have some troubles posting. Starting a new thread seems (almost?) impossible!

I still have some popcorn left. Take your time, Doc0075.

Anyway, I would like to thank all our champions and the organization for this most excellent event, show of showmanship and fair play. In particular I extend my hand to our new champion, Mr. Chip for his outstanding display of dogness.
finkleroy: I suggest typing it out in notepad first, and then attempting to post it. If the forum rejects it, break it down into shorter posts.
That is a good advice. I got into the habit of pressing Ctrl-A Ctrl-C to copy the entire post into the clipboard before pressing "Post my message".
Post edited January 10, 2021 by Gede
Doc0075: Just in case you are wondering why I haven't posted the list of winners yet, I have done twice now and neither time has the post gone through in the thread. I will have to do it again tomorrow and maybe write it out by hand and then add it in smaller posts after.
You live and learn, my friend.
Of course it's frustrating, but look at it this way...you won't be making that mistake again. ;)
As some other GOGers said already always "back up" you long post before hitting "post my message".
This is GOG forums, remember...a digital piano may fall on your head at any time. I never read any "terms of use", but I'm pretty sure we are all here at our own risk. xD
Post edited January 10, 2021 by BranjoHello
finkleroy: I suggest typing it out in notepad first,
That's one thing I learned on gog, copy to notepad or at least ctr+c before posting because you never know here what will happen. :(
finkleroy: I suggest typing it out in notepad first,
Trid: That's one thing I learned on gog, copy to notepad or at least ctr+c before posting because you never know here what will happen. :(
To be fair, I've been doing this since I started posting in forums back as a teenager. Any forum can eat your post, so "backing it up" with Ctrl + C is a good idea.
You see ? This is proof that all of this is rigged and censored !! Just like when they had to stop counting during the night for "technical reasons".

I won by A LOT !!
Just as another possibility, in long posts with many tags (links, formatting), some mismatches may well slip, forgetting to close one, or forgetting the / and therefore opening another instead of closing, or the other way around, and that will also cause it to just not post... Though as far as I know in that case it doesn't close the add new post window, so you shouldn't lose the message unless you close it yourself, assuming that it posted.
BranjoHello: This is GOG forums, remember...a digital piano may fall on your head at any time. I never read any "terms of use", but I'm pretty sure we are all here at our own risk. xD
* taking notes now* Piano falling on head. Hope to see this at next year's Royal Rumble. XD
high rated
SPOILER: we ALL won for we had this great tournament!
who said, "giveaway"? get lost! we had fun and nice discussions here. THIS is what counts!
high rated
What a fun thread! Great way to start the New Year, Doc! :D

Congratulations to the winners, with special pats and Congrats to Mr. Chip!

Thank you to: our associate ring-side reporter Punington; TheDudeLebowski, krugos2 and Carradice for their hard work on such great additions adding to the enjoyment; and to all the participants for coming up with such interesting characters for Doc to throw in the ring!

Special thanks to Doc, for such a fun, creative and entertaining thread, not to mention a generous GA. As others have said, I think the smiles, laughter, entertainment, camaraderie and participation your thread encouraged are the real gifts here.

... also, congrats to Og'rialt for his new duds. ;)
Congratulations to all winners.

From the bottom of my heart, I would like to thank, thank, thank Doc for his AMAZING generosity and motivation to make such massively fun giveaway and brighten the lives of many goggers.

I have never before seen such high level of generosity on gog forum before from one person alone.

I will never come across Doc in real life, but I hope and pray that this man lives a great life full of joy, peace and prosperity.
AB2012: That must be frustrating as hell though the forum software is flaky enough that the best thing to do with any long post is write it out in Notepad first then copy it into the GOG forum. That way if it fails / you have to split it up, you won't have to retype everything.
True; excellent advice. During the past years i used to browse & post via my Android smartphone, and you wouln't believe how many problems the website had (maybe still has, not sure). Especially when it comes to posting, copying the post to the clipboard before clicking the "Post my message" button was the only way to make sure the post won't get lost. Way too much frustration, especially when you spend some time writing a bigger post and have it vanish like that.

Punington: P.S: On a personal note, I hope the creators (Lionel212008, Green_Hilltop, etna87, andysheets1975, Vythonaut, Tallima, RickyAndersen, Aramandur, Melvinica, igorche9, Oddeus, ywzywz, kusumahendra, cardangrille) of the characters I covered didn't mind me writing one of their fights instead of Doc. I tried my best, I promise!
Honestly, you did a great job writing the battle scenario for my character, not to mention the excellent puns! Thank you! :)
high rated
Winners part 1 (I haven't included those who won special prizes or didn't ask for any games in this list):

2. TheBigCore - Tim - DUSK
3. NickZah - Diggy - Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition
4. arsalan12 - Silvyr Erric - Prey: Digital Deluxe Edition
5. AB2012 - McCadbury - DUSK
7. BlackMageJ - Matilda Zendias - Phoenix Point: Year One Edition (please thank Lone_Scout for the game)
8. BranjoHello - Mr. Fiddlesticks - Disco Elysium
9. Enebias - Grndrgnrrgrlbdr (Dr. Stone) - SpellForce 3 + SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest
10. real.geizterfahr - Bug - A Plague Tale: Innocence
11. erbello - Nexophorm - Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Obsidian Edition
12. OHMYGODJCABOMB - Mafon - The Outer Worlds + The Outer Worlds Expansion Pass
13. InSaintMonoxide - Kayla - Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition
14. Vythonaut - 010110101001010101011101 (5A955D) - Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition
15. Melvinica - Belphegor - Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition
16. bluethief - Jafs - GreedFall
17. sanscript - SubSub - Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Obsidian Edition
18. argamasa - Rock - Blacksad: Under the Skin
19. igorche9 - Lupos - Vampyr
20. Ixamyakxim - Blue Lightening - A Plague Tale: Innocence
21. servobeupstry - UG - Disco Elysium
22. Oddeus - Slick Cat - Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Digital Deluxe Edition
23. muddysneakers - Jason "Jennifer" Lee - The Outer Worlds + The Outer Worlds Expansion Pass
24. gogtrial34987 - Og'rialt - Space Haven
25. TheDudeLebowski - Gerald of Red Deer - Batman™: Arkham Origins + Batman™: Arkham Origins - Season Pass
26. andysheets1975 - Mr. Nice Guy - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
27. Catac1ysm - Lillith - Metro Exodus - Gold Edition
28. frost0 - ninja golem - Ghost of a Tale
29. aCyborg - Kyp - Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition
30. Krimzon14 - Wren - Prey: Digital Deluxe Edition
31. Punington - Osen - Spiritfarer
32. sasuke12 - Scott Arnold - LEGO® Batman™ 3: Beyond Gotham + LEGO® Batman™ 3: Beyond Gotham Season Pass
33. Sulibor - Mother of All Mothers in Law - Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Digital Deluxe Edition
34. TT_TT_TT_TT - Uzerumeral - Baldur's Gate 3
36. ywzywz - Will and Smith - ELEX
37. Mister.Wolf - Pneuma - Baldur's Gate 3
38. MysterD - Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition
39. zaMNal - POGO - Dishonored: Complete Collection
40. blastradius - Mechanizer - Monster Train
41. BenKii - Ben Kii Nobi - The Outer Worlds + The Outer Worlds Expansion Pass
42. Dogmaus - Pat Ronizing - Disco Elysium
43. finkleroy - April Ryan - Shenmue III Deluxe Edition
44. Seb369 - no_body - Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition
45. TheGrand547 - Uncle Jimmy - Disco Elysium
46. ZiTheBookishGamer - Lily - Spiritfarer
47. Lionel212008 - Tobi - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
48. Genocide2099 - Fish - Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Digital Deluxe Edition
49. zlaywal - Choopa - Shenmue III Deluxe Edition
51. drxenija - Celeste - Disco Elysium
52. kai2 - Cicada Buzz - Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
53. kusumahendra - Eiden - The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
54. Lazarus_03 - Lazarus the Lion - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
55. Vingry - Bena - Kenshi
56. PMPMGamer - Aris - Metro Exodus - Gold Edition
57. luksmk - Mr. Fluffy Death - Baldur's Gate 3
58. Mortius1 - The Bard - Dishonored: Complete Collection
59. 51nikopol - Henry - The Talos Principle: Gold Edition
60. Green_Hilltop - <character entry 5> - Tyranny - Gold Edition
Thank you DOC and thank you for everyone else to stay strong in gog community
Doc0075: *snip*
Thank you so much for Shenmue III Deluxe Edition! I already own the first two games on Steam, and I plan to play through the series when I finish the Yakuza series when 3-6 are released on Steam.