It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DRM-free approach in games has been at the heart of GOG.COM from day one. We strongly believe that if you buy a game, it should be yours, and you can play it the way it’s convenient for you, and not how others want you to use it.

The landscape has changed since 2008, and today many people don’t realize what DRM even means. And still the DRM issue in games remains – you’re never sure when and why you can be blocked from accessing them. And it’s not only games that are affected, but your favourite books, music, movies and apps as well.

To help understand what DRM means, how it influences your games and other digital media, and what benefits come with DRM-free approach, we’re launching the FCK DRM initiative. The goal is to educate people and ignite a discussion about DRM. To learn more visit https://fckdrm.com, and share your opinions and stories about DRM and how it affects you.
Okay, so I did a double take on that title. :P
high rated
Ok, you got me scared for a second. I thought "The landscape has changed since 2008, and today many people don’t realize what DRM even means. " is gonna be followed by "Therefore we don't see the mandatory galaxy as an issue, thank you for understanding".
high rated
I agree, fuck DRM. That is why I buy games released via Gog only. Gave up on buying on Steam some time ago, because of DRM and because of their liberal forum administrators that can ban you for typing anything they don't like.

#FCKDRM
Post edited September 19, 2018 by Wishmaster777
high rated
Cool initiative. Just a suggestion, the quotes change too quickly for me to fully read them. I would humbly suggest doubling the time before they change.
GOG.com: To help understand what DRM means, how it influences your games and other digital media, and what benefits come with DRM-free approach, we’re launching the FCK DRM initiative. The goal is to educate people and ignite a discussion about DRM. To learn more visit https://fckdrm.com, and share your opinions and stories about DRM and how it affects you.
But what does FCK stand for?
"RUN GCC" is still the best parody of this logo, but "FCK DRM" did make me laugh :)
ZFR: But what does FCK stand for?
It stands for "fuck".
low rated
What a juvenile marketting stunt. But it's perfect for GOG's audience who only wants to be pandered to.
Post edited August 21, 2018 by Mr.Caine
high rated
DRM Shops shouldn't use a "buy" word, but instead: "rent", "borrow" or "buy a ticket".
high rated

and you can play it the way it’s convenient for you, and not how others want you to use it.
With increasing online/multiplayer integration in games, DRM's really only a part of the issue in that regard these days. Publisher/devs are creating their games around keeping control, 'classic' DRM not required.
Post edited August 21, 2018 by Pheace
high rated
Celton88: Cool initiative. Just a suggestion, the quotes change too quickly for me to fully read them. I would humbly suggest doubling the time before they change.
Just move your mouse over them and the timer stops.
Well, I didn't win my d*ck on lottery..
Beside that I fully agree with the initiative.
high rated
Nice. Spreading awareness is important. I will keep doing my part as well.

#FCKDRM
high rated
Fck drm is exactly why so many of us appreciate gog in today's gaming climate.

Having any game drm-free makes the product the superior version to buy imo.

I'll look into this. Thanks for sharing.