It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gotta do it - long weekend due to contractors, Two Roads and a few Smutty Nose... here I am ;)
I just had half a bottle of Jack Daniel's Honey Whiskey. I'm a fairly huge guy (so alcohol doesn't get me THAT easily), but half a bottle...

All I can think about now, is "Deine Reime sind Schweine" (Your rhymes are swines) from DJ Koze. Let's see if I can translate this to English (more a question of how long I can translate this).

Your rhymes are swines,
my rhymes are fine rhymes.
Your rhymes are swines,
downright swines,
Ugh! they're smelling.
My rhymes are fine rhymes,
gooood rhymes,
exquisite, strong, beautiful rhymes.
Your rhymes are ugh, urgh,
dowright swines, are your rhymes.
They're really huge swines,
dowright swines, are your rhymes.
Ugh, listen for yourself,
that's a good rhyme what I'm doing.
And what you're doing is moronic swine-rhyme,
ugh, urgh.
My rhymes are beautiful, strong, exquisite rhymes,
your rhymes are no fine rhymes,
your rhymes are swines.

Okay, okay, okay... That's enough. This shit goes on for the whole 7 minutes. I'll just listen to the rest of the video (5 more minutes) and go to bed. Oh... And while we're talking about swines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktky6YAd88s
Post edited May 02, 2014 by real.geizterfahr
real.geizterfahr: Oh... And while we're talking about swines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktky6YAd88s
I do not know what language that was in but just the visual was funny. You being from Spain would suggest Spanish but it did not sound like the Spanish I'm used to ear on American TV and movies which is Mexican Spanish. For those who are not aware, the same language from different nations can sound completely different. Even the different accents in one nation can make the same language sound different.

Two nations with a broad range of accent on the same language are France with French and the United Kingdom with English. Weirdly enough, there is a region of France where the accent is very near the one we have in the south of Quebec, I can't remember which region though.

To get back to the funny video with Nazi pigs, I would guess German or Dutch, am I right?

/On my second 750ml bottle of Maudite beer (8% alc/vol).
justanoldgamer: ...
On my second 750ml bottle of Maudite beer (8% alc/vol).
I'm a big fan of La Terrible... and funny enough on these very forums (maybe in this same thread?) either yesterday or the day before I mentioned Dieu Du Ciel (another Quebec brewery) Odd! Especially as I'm not even from there!

Also taking down two of those 750s in a night... damn!
justanoldgamer: ...
On my second 750ml bottle of Maudite beer (8% alc/vol).
Ixamyakxim: I'm a big fan of La Terrible... and funny enough on these very forums (maybe in this same thread?) either yesterday or the day before I mentioned Dieu Du Ciel (another Quebec brewery) Odd! Especially as I'm not even from there!

Also taking down two of those 750s in a night... damn!
You mentioned it in an answer to a post I did about not being able to PM beer.
LOL and wow, yup I did - and I did it because I saw Canada listed as your location.

This is like the forum equivalent of me doing this:

Me: "You totally remind me of this person I met..."

Response: "That was me, yesterday"

Clearly I am far less able to handle those 750s! (and I was just going with 12 oz New England locals and a growler pour or two!)
justanoldgamer: I do not know what language that was in but just the visual was funny. You being from Spain would suggest Spanish but it did not sound like the Spanish I'm used to ear on American TV
No, that's definitely not Spanish. I know this song from GTA IV (my favorite song there because it just sounds funny) and I think it ws on the russian radio. So... Russian, maybe? I don't know. I only understand the "Eins, zwei, drei, schicki schicki Schweine" part, because that's German. At least I think so, because "schicki" doesn't mean anything in German. Could be a weirdly pronounced "schicke". If it is, it would mean "One, two, three, beautiful beautiful pigs".

justanoldgamer: To get back to the funny video with Nazi pigs, I would guess German or Dutch, am I right?
The pigs? I don't know where they are from :( But I know where they'll go.
Grey Goose.

Enough said.
real.geizterfahr: So... Russian, maybe?
Could be a weirdly pronounced "schicke".
Right and right.

Also thanks for sharing that link. I didn't know this video, only the song.
Post edited May 03, 2014 by F4LL0UT
ima so baked im baked...
Flying elephants can suck my ass
I bought an original Jim Holdaway Modesty Blaise strip for 300 sterling - being unemployed, and all, but what a man, he was, and what an illustrator...
Smile to me from yer cloud! There was not quite enough of your genious in this world, but what remains is much loved.
He he. I just said that I'm "tired" a few times while messaging jefequeso and posting in a few other threads. But the truth is that I'm a little wasted. *giggle* But don't tell anyone!
TStael: I bought an original Jim Holdaway Modesty Blaise strip for 300 sterling - being unemployed, and all, but what a man, he was, and what an illustrator...
Smile to me from yer cloud! There was not quite enough of your genious in this world, but what remains is much loved.
Not the worst drunk purchase in the world and congrats on owning something of his! I can kinda sorta relate, as I bought a TERRIBLE lil' sketch from Matisse - but I couldn't help it because I would never, ever in a million years have a shot at owning a Matisse if I didn't grab this - so I wholeheartedly mean it when I say enjoy you new strip!
Ixamyakxim: Not the worst drunk purchase in the world and congrats on owning something of his! I can kinda sorta relate, as I bought a TERRIBLE lil' sketch from Matisse - but I couldn't help it because I would never, ever in a million years have a shot at owning a Matisse if I didn't grab this - so I wholeheartedly mean it when I say enjoy you new strip!
Matisse is not my favorite really, but... even if I shall have but a day to take in how deeply and beautifully Jim Holdoway could draw, I think he shall smile at me from his cloud.

I hope with ya it is not just about owning one thing, or another - but finding enduring pleasure or admiration. Besides resale value possibly.

With Jim H - I just resist still to this day the idea he would not draw more for us, even if it meant paying five hundred or more. If only we could admire him even more broadly!

But do enjoy your Matisse - if u do not, count on resale value, which is fine too. But less pleasurable I think.
TStael: I hope with ya it is not just about owning one thing, or another - but finding enduring pleasure or admiration. Besides resale value possibly.
It's actually a funny thing - I don't like Matisse either, especially his "drawings" (really just ugly lil' sketches) and even the sculpture work is merely "okay" to me. BUT... when I was younger (high school age - if that doesn't mean much to you, think about 16 or so) I took part in a trivia "competition," whereby "teams" from each school would study for a decent chunk of the year in various subjects, and then in one large festival of a day test that knowledge against others who had been doing the same.

Long story short (too late, I know ;) ) Matisse was one of the men studied in the fine art category, and the first time I seriously and legitimately studied art / art history in more than a rudimentary way. So being able to pick up a small work, no matter how silly or ugly (yes I said it!) meant something to me. My favorites would be Rembrandt and de Goya (boring choices I know, but always been partial) - but I won't ever be able to own a pebble either of them accidentally dropped a brush on - so this was at least something ;)