It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tarm: Quake WAS realistic way back then. Well sorta. Oh and you haven't played Quake without FOV 120. ;)
Yeah. It's the gameplay that hooks you. The only other games I can think of that have made me feel in control is Unreal Tournament and CS. CS as in the original with the latest "official" patches.
Strangely I don't remember the sounds. I probably didn't think much of them back then.

That Advert is hilarious. It looks fake but I wouldn't put any weirdness beyond German or Japanese odd view of the world.
Floydinizer: FOV 120?! You can change that in the console?
And the sounds do a big part for me. The clunk of the grenades, the gasp of breath when you emerge from water.. creaminess in my ears.
Also, the knitted sweaters in that advert are awesome, would love one of those for christmas :p
Yes you can change FOV and many other things in the console. That's why I said "configurable" in an earlier post as a major thing. The console opened up a whole new world for gamers. Go check the net for commands. :)
Well I had crappy cheap standard speakers way back then so the sound highs for me was the weapon sounds.

I played almost through the whole Quake game before I knew that you could use the mouse. Then it took me almost a new play through before I got the mouse and keyboard to my liking. After that it took me more than another playthrough before I got me an aim cursor.
I tell you playing through Quake with a mouse and keyboard without a crosshair to show you where you're aiming is a really good school for future FPS games. :)

Anyway. Now I've gotten through the last of Buffy season four, that last episode is a bore, so now I'm really getting down with the Buffy season five and the beer. See ya. :)
Tarm: Yes you can change FOV and many other things in the console. That's why I said "configurable" in an earlier post as a major thing. The console opened up a whole new world for gamers. Go check the net for commands. :)
Well I had crappy cheap standard speakers way back then so the sound highs for me was the weapon sounds.

I played almost through the whole Quake game before I knew that you could use the mouse. Then it took me almost a new play through before I got the mouse and keyboard to my liking. After that it took me more than another playthrough before I got me an aim cursor.
I tell you playing through Quake with a mouse and keyboard without a crosshair to show you where you're aiming is a really good school for future FPS games. :)

Anyway. Now I've gotten through the last of Buffy season four, that last episode is a bore, so now I'm really getting down with the Buffy season five and the beer. See ya. :)
Hmm I'll check for fun console options as long as they don't change too much before I've finished my first playthrough. And I think I found the crosshair option in the in-game menu, or it was on by default.
But yeah, have fun. I'm going to have another crack at the Xbox.
I began watching Buffy season 3 again (one of my favourite seasons) and just finished watching "Band Candy", which kind of describes how I'm feeling right now (if I compare myself to the "adults"). Since it's too late to go out and party properly, I'm thinking of playing a rogue-like. I have an ambitious plan (likely not the first), to finish a rogue-like game this weekend whilst drinking unhealthy amounts of beer.

I'm going to start with Dungeons of Dredmor, as that seems the easiest of the bunch (and in my current state, the wisest choice). My ultimate challenge would be to finally "win" TOME or Nethack. Wish the young drunken padawan some much needed luck!
You guys should drink more, it's too quiet here :3
For me... I just picked up a "few" cans of beer and i'm ready to go '86!!
Well drunk at least... Have a fun night everybody drink safe !
It is too quiet. Tonight isbrandy, brandy, If not,

winter
Stargazing + brandy + awesome clear sky = another fantastic night. I'm not drunk though... you don't want to be totally drunk while stargazing.
My tolerance appears to have gone through the roof. I bought an 8-pack of beer tonight, one beer left in the fridge and I'm not even slightly tipsy. Oh well, tomorrow I'll buy a bottle of vodka and go to a theatre premiere party. At least then I *should* be drunk ;).
The size of the queues in my local ill never get drunk cause i have so much time between buying drinks.
To drink Whiskey or not to drink Whiskey that is tonight’s question.
Barnell: To drink Whiskey or not to drink Whiskey that is tonight’s question.
Why is this a question? It's Friday night.
I've found that drinking and gaming (especially shooters) is not a good combination for me. After a couple of beers my brain turns to jello and my reflexes are totally shot. Maybe it just takes practice? :-)
PimPamPet: I've found that drinking and gaming (especially shooters) is not a good combination for me. After a couple of beers my brain turns to jello and my reflexes are totally shot. Maybe it just takes practice? :-)
There's a careful balance, you learn to toe the edge right before your reflexes go, the alcohol tends to mellow me enough that any slowness it induces up until this point is counteracted by more considered and less frenetic play.
I need more peanuts...
Stooner: I need more peanuts...
No need for pm from other thread, see what you've been up to in this one :-)
Stooner: I need more peanuts...
Dischord: No need for pm from other thread, see what you've been up to in this one :-)
It was you then...