It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

One great game, two quite different editions.

<span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous Action Pack</span>, the classic WWII tactical shooter that just arrived on GOG.com, contains the original game plus its expansion - all carefully tweaked and tested to work on modern systems. However, there's another version of that game known as Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe and we've also included that as a free bonus goodie with the original!

This Deluxe edition was released for free as a commercial promotion for the game's sequel back in 2003, the year that <span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous 2</span> first came out. Despite having essentially the same content, the original and the Deluxe edition are quite different from each other, and deciding on which one is the "best" comes down mostly to a matter of preference. Some users appreciated the higher resolution textures and map editor available in Deluxe. Others criticized the questionable changes made in certain maps and the noticeable repetition in your squad mates' faces.

Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe is still available as freeware in certain places but now also included as a free bonus with the Action Pack. More importantly, though, the original <span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous</span> is now available as a digital download for the first time, so if you're looking to experience the game in its most faithful and functional reincarnation yet, this is the time to strike!
Thank you, the magical people at GOG. I hope 2k and GOG will bring next the first Mafia game. It's not found anywhere and it's a classic. Best of all the three Mafia games and it was also made by Illusion Softworks, who made H&D games.
I got me a used copy of Mafia recently. Unfortunately the game was much shorter and, well, less awesome than I had remembered. Not bad by any means, but not that good either..
Post edited February 27, 2017 by clarry
tinyE: Here is the mod netnerd mentioned:

Too bad there is no mod to remove the repetitive faces, but I found a to replace uniforms with real SS uniforms and another [url=http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/deluxe/characters.php]mod for new model characters.
MaxFulvus:
That mod's for the original game though. Will it work with the Deluxe Edition?
A bit late response but awesome that GOG did this. I hope you guys can do this more in the future! :)
GOG.com: One great game, two quite different editions.

<span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous Action Pack</span>, the classic WWII tactical shooter that just arrived on GOG.com, contains the original game plus its expansion - all carefully tweaked and tested to work on modern systems. However, there's another version of that game known as Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe and we've also included that as a free bonus goodie with the original!

This Deluxe edition was released for free as a commercial promotion for the game's sequel back in 2003, the year that <span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous 2</span> first came out. Despite having essentially the same content, the original and the Deluxe edition are quite different from each other, and deciding on which one is the "best" comes down mostly to a matter of preference. Some users appreciated the higher resolution textures and map editor available in Deluxe. Others criticized the questionable changes made in certain maps and the noticeable repetition in your squad mates' faces.

Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe is still available as freeware in certain places but now also included as a free bonus with the Action Pack. More importantly, though, the original <span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous</span> is now available as a digital download for the first time, so if you're looking to experience the game in its most faithful and functional reincarnation yet, this is the time to strike!
Your missing a small detail, in deluxe the "Old" weapons (Sten, ETC) still mostly use the 2D First Person models rather than the 3D ones made for devils bridge