It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

One great game, two quite different editions.

<span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous Action Pack</span>, the classic WWII tactical shooter that just arrived on GOG.com, contains the original game plus its expansion - all carefully tweaked and tested to work on modern systems. However, there's another version of that game known as Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe and we've also included that as a free bonus goodie with the original!

This Deluxe edition was released for free as a commercial promotion for the game's sequel back in 2003, the year that <span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous 2</span> first came out. Despite having essentially the same content, the original and the Deluxe edition are quite different from each other, and deciding on which one is the "best" comes down mostly to a matter of preference. Some users appreciated the higher resolution textures and map editor available in Deluxe. Others criticized the questionable changes made in certain maps and the noticeable repetition in your squad mates' faces.

Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe is still available as freeware in certain places but now also included as a free bonus with the Action Pack. More importantly, though, the original <span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous</span> is now available as a digital download for the first time, so if you're looking to experience the game in its most faithful and functional reincarnation yet, this is the time to strike!
HypersomniacLive: Could someone from GOG shed some light on the reasons this and Hidden & Dangerous 2 are region locked in Brazil, South Africa and South Korea? Is it an age rating issue like with the Army Men games, or something (and what)?
With Brazil and South Korea, video games are required to be rated by their respective ratings board. They are automatically banned until then. It could be those games were never rated.

Don't know why those games would be unavailable for South Africa though.
Rodrigues520: In Brazil you can't even acces the store page.
muntdefems: Yep, regional locking consists of exactly that.
did not know it was region locked
HypersomniacLive: Could someone from GOG shed some light on the reasons this and Hidden & Dangerous 2 are region locked in Brazil, South Africa and South Korea? Is it an age rating issue like with the Army Men games, or something (and what)?
tremere110: With Brazil and South Korea, video games are required to be rated by their respective ratings board. They are automatically banned until then. It could be those games were never rated.

thx for explaining
Post edited February 24, 2017 by Rodrigues520
tfishell: I'm curious: Why the lack of Windows XP support?
CARRiON-XCII: Because that OS is 15 years old now.
Then Why the XP support for H&D2? ;-P
Army men isn't age restricted in South Africa
My recollection is that the original H&D was *notoriously* buggy, and that the Deluxe version was a *major* improvement in that respect.

I can't imagine that GOG would have been in a position to (re-)fix any of the bugs in the original, but either way I'd be curious to hear their comments on the matter.
Nice to see H&D series being added. It would be nicer if Deluxe was available for free and H&D2 sold, but I understand from business point of view why the unneeded "regular" version is offered as primary and Deluxe as a plus goodie.
God bless you GOG. I love this series.
te_lanus: Army men isn't age restricted in South Africa
From the "Regional Locked Games on GOG" thread, they were blocked when they were first released here, awaiting age rating. I assume your post means that they're available for purchase now, yes?
te_lanus: Army men isn't age restricted in South Africa
HypersomniacLive: From the "Regional Locked Games on GOG" thread, they were blocked when they were first released here, awaiting age rating. I assume your post means that they're available for purchase now, yes?
Nope, 2K still won't allow us to buy it
tremere110: With Brazil and South Korea, video games are required to be rated by their respective ratings board. They are automatically banned until then. It could be those games were never rated.

Is there any way to bypass this though... I would like to get army men since my old discs fail and are generally incompatible if i do get them working. Also the two new additions get much praise, it would be nice to check them out.

I wish a gog dev would see this and maybe shed some light on whats with the SA side. I know SK and Brazil have an actual reason which is something, but we got nothing?

ShaunRoberts: Is there any way to bypass this though... I would like to get army men since my old discs fail and are generally incompatible if i do get them working. Also the two new additions get much praise, it would be nice to check them out.

I wish a gog dev would see this and maybe shed some light on whats with the SA side. I know SK and Brazil have an actual reason which is something, but we got nothing?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_hidden_dangerous_and_hidden_dangerous_2_ef6b0/post90

Is the official answer. Think the easiest for south africans is to use a vpn to bypass the restrictions
te_lanus: Nope, 2K still won't allow us to buy it
Ah, so we were not talking about the same thing here then.
tinyE: Don't get it! It has the mark of the devil!
Maxvorstadt: What diabolic things does GoG plan with us?
Something "hinten & delicerous"... ^^
BranjoHello: Nice to see H&D series being added. It would be nicer if Deluxe was available for free and H&D2 sold, but I understand from business point of view why the unneeded "regular" version is offered as primary and Deluxe as a plus goodie.
The original version is better than the Deluxe version in some respects and is definitely Needed :P
You can get deluxe free without buying H&D Action Pack, just not from GOG
te_lanus: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_hidden_dangerous_and_hidden_dangerous_2_ef6b0/post90

Is the official answer. Think the easiest for south africans is to use a vpn to bypass the restrictions
Thank you. This is exactly what I would like to see in these circumstances. much appreciated