It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
kohlrak: The rate of asymptomatic cases will drop significantly due to higher initial viral load, due to the gatherings of these holidays. That's what caused all the problems in China: Chinese new year. Naturally our western nations hold christmas to a high regard, so it'll be where you get the least compliance. Halloween was bad, but wasn't the biggest. Thanksgiving is bigger, but imaging talking to an 9 year old that no one's coming for christmas to give them more presents. Most families are likely caving. We'll see the majority of the fallout in about 3 weeks ('cause new years, too, but that's more of a holiday for couples).
GamezRanker: Well if nothing else, hopefully we'll see more herd immunity as a result.
Well,good news is, my girlfriend's gettign better. Her brain fog seems to be receding a bit, as with the fatigue and dsypnea. However, for some reason, she still has trouble staying awake when she does get tired. Fortunately, she's still off with steroids so hopefully that continues to work (or not, 'cause i don't know what the exact cause is). She's also able to eat normally again (save for her celiac's disease) and can smell things somewhat. It was looking pretty hairy, there, but she's recovering surprisingly well. She's been able to play stardew valley, at least, and she started finding cat videos again, so she's mostly returning to normal, finally. She's got a god awful cough, though, still, but that's the least of my worries. Might be able to see her again in time for Valentine's day, because, by then, she'll no longer be contagious and hopefully i'll have a vaccine by then.

The nice thing, too, is that the vaccine has been underpriced by the companies making it. The cost per patient is 40-50 bucks, so it's totally reasonable for someone like me who can't afford insurance. The question is, "how fast can they make it?" I understand that this new mRNA tech would appear to make it faster for manufacturing and testing the vaccines, but at the cost of taking longer to take effect, but the demand is alot higher, and obviously there are people out there who need it more than me.
kohlrak: The rate of asymptomatic cases will drop significantly due to higher initial viral load, due to the gatherings of these holidays. That's what caused all the problems in China: Chinese new year. Naturally our western nations hold christmas to a high regard, so it'll be where you get the least compliance. Halloween was bad, but wasn't the biggest. Thanksgiving is bigger, but imaging talking to an 9 year old that no one's coming for christmas to give them more presents. Most families are likely caving. We'll see the majority of the fallout in about 3 weeks ('cause new years, too, but that's more of a holiday for couples).
GamezRanker: Well if nothing else, hopefully we'll see more herd immunity as a result.
The real source of herd immunity, and the only one that's considered ethical, is vaccines.

By the way, I saw this rather interesting post about how one of the mRNA vaccines works, with some comparisons to computer security:
https://berthub.eu/articles/posts/reverse-engineering-source-code-of-the-biontech-pfizer-vaccine/
low rated
kohlrak: Well,good news is, my girlfriend's getting better.
This is good to hear. :)

kohlrak: She's also able to eat normally again (save for her celiac's disease) and can smell things somewhat.
That's the gluten intolerance/allergy, right?

kohlrak: It was looking pretty hairy, there, but she's recovering surprisingly well. She's been able to play stardew valley, at least, and she started finding cat videos again, so she's mostly returning to normal, finally.
This is also good to hear.....btw I have some cutesy cat videos, which I may send ya later if you want em.

=-=-=-=

dtgreene: The real source of herd immunity, and the only one that's considered ethical, is vaccines.
There is also another source of herd immunity that is real.....and it existed way before vaccines ever did. Vaccines, while helpful and better in some ways, are actually "artificially made" versions of that.

That said, imo the only way herd immunity is unethical is if others stupidly infected people on purpose without the other person's consent. Otherwise it(the thing, the concept, etc) simply is....neither ethical or non-ethical.

Regardless of the above: the people who comingled(whether a good idea or not) will hopefully get herd immunity to varying degrees. Imo, this is a good thing, as that means less people might(key word: might) need a vaccination & will be "immunized" already(at least against some of the current strains).

dtgreene: By the way, I saw this rather interesting post about how one of the mRNA vaccines works, with some comparisons to computer security:
https://berthub.eu/articles/posts/reverse-engineering-source-code-of-the-biontech-pfizer-vaccine/
Thanks for the info link.
Post edited December 27, 2020 by GamezRanker
low rated
dtgreene: The real source of herd immunity, and the only one that's considered ethical, is vaccines.
Only ethical? Requirement of vaccines would be unethical, because it's the state violating an individual's right to self-ownership. I'm behind vaccination, but to imply herd immunity by natural selection is unethical is, in itself, unethical. As said with all other diseases, if a vaccine works, those who choose not to get it (as opposed to it being unavailable) have chosen their fate, while those who have the vaccine gain their immunity and are not affected by those who have not.

Those whom are unable due to allergies are a whole other topic, and, indeed, new technology must be made to support them. Hopefully the success of the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine will get them going.
By the way, I saw this rather interesting post about how one of the mRNA vaccines works, with some comparisons to computer security:
Strange that someone would feel the need to write this. American highschools are among the worst of the first world countries, but even i learned (before graduating in 2009) about DNA, RNA, and mRNA, cell lyceage (due to virus), etc. Specifically, when i was a sophmore.

What disappointed me, however, was why the teacher was unable to explain what caused DNA to "split" for the mRNA to "fit into place" as well as how the ribosomes made proteins from the mRNA. Fortunately, shortly before the 'Rona hit the US, i was able to look this up (i knew i was going to have to explain to people why initial viral load was deadly, as well as why this disease is deadlier than influenza, because i knew from experience most medical professionals are pretty unsanitary and i'd have to explain to them why watching what you touch after washing your hands should actually be taken seriously).
kohlrak: She's also able to eat normally again (save for her celiac's disease) and can smell things somewhat.
GamezRanker: That's the gluten intolerance/allergy, right?
The two are different. I'm not very sure on gluten intolerance, but i imagine it's similar to lactose intolerance: your body cannot metabolise it, so it tries to flush it as fast as possible. Meanwhile, with celiac's disease, it causes an immuno-response. It's a straight up allergy, but due to how it works, it usually doesn't cause anaphylaxis. Instead it results in your immune system attacking your stomach tissue, followed by the gluten intolerance symptoms. Not only is the damage permanent, but a curious side effect of the "flushing" (and it's from both ends so it's pretty violent) is that it causes certain individuals to pass out. As you can imagine, this can be pretty dangerous depending on what is in the bathroom around the toilet that happens to be available.
kohlrak: It was looking pretty hairy, there, but she's recovering surprisingly well. She's been able to play stardew valley, at least, and she started finding cat videos again, so she's mostly returning to normal, finally.
This is also good to hear.....btw I have some cutesy cat videos, which I may send ya later if you want em.
Sure. I have a good channel, called ひのき猫. It's in japanese, but you don't have to reallly understand what they're saying. The titles can sometimes be important to figure out what's going on, though. Some of it gets lost in translation, unfortunately. Fortunately, for those who don't speak japanese, "mettya kawaii [very cute]" is not a challenge to understand and learn from context.
Post edited December 28, 2020 by kohlrak
low rated
kohlrak: The two are different. I'm not very sure on gluten intolerance, but i imagine it's similar to lactose intolerance: your body cannot metabolise it, so it tries to flush it as fast as possible. Meanwhile, with celiac's disease, it causes an immuno-response. It's a straight up allergy, but due to how it works, it usually doesn't cause anaphylaxis. Instead it results in your immune system attacking your stomach tissue, followed by the gluten intolerance symptoms. Not only is the damage permanent, but a curious side effect of the "flushing" (and it's from both ends so it's pretty violent) is that it causes certain individuals to pass out. As you can imagine, this can be pretty dangerous depending on what is in the bathroom around the toilet that happens to be available.
That sucks to hear...btw thanks for the info.
low rated
kohlrak: The two are different. I'm not very sure on gluten intolerance, but i imagine it's similar to lactose intolerance: your body cannot metabolise it, so it tries to flush it as fast as possible. Meanwhile, with celiac's disease, it causes an immuno-response. It's a straight up allergy, but due to how it works, it usually doesn't cause anaphylaxis. Instead it results in your immune system attacking your stomach tissue, followed by the gluten intolerance symptoms. Not only is the damage permanent, but a curious side effect of the "flushing" (and it's from both ends so it's pretty violent) is that it causes certain individuals to pass out. As you can imagine, this can be pretty dangerous depending on what is in the bathroom around the toilet that happens to be available.
GamezRanker: That sucks to hear...btw thanks for the info.
Don't worry, it gets better. See, now they're trying to blame nurses for "loosing too many patients in a shift" instead of accepting responsibility for understaffing, bringing in patients without screening, etc. In other words, they're trying to reap the covid-related death payouts while also blaming everyone but themselves for their criminal negligence.
low rated
"Germany To Send COVID Quarantine Breakers To Detainment Camps, Hundreds ARRESTED In Lockdown Riots"

hmm, looks like these covid responses are getting ridiculous
do you think this is acceptable ?
what will be the next find someone on the street shot them in the back of the head and use han's flamethrower to burn the body?
low rated
Orkhepaj: do you think this is acceptable ?
Yes.

(Provided, of course, that the conditions in the camp are reasonable, and that there's sufficient isolation, treatment, and (when the time comes) vaccination in said camps.)
Orkhepaj: "Germany To Send COVID Quarantine Breakers To Detainment Camps, Hundreds ARRESTED In Lockdown Riots"
Sources...
infowars and rt

so just complete and utter bs
Dreaganos: Sources...
infowars and rt

https://www.mdr.de/sachsen/dresden/dresden-radebeul/corona-quarantaene-verweigerer-absonderung-zwang-asylunterkunft-100.html

It's a last resort thing if people who are infected repeatedly refuse to keep themselves quarantined. And it has to go through court.

Where the "Hundreds ARRESTED" come from? Thin air probably...
toxicTom: It's a last resort thing if people who are infected repeatedly refuse to keep themselves quarantined. And it has to go through court.

One building 5 people max, and they are just planning on opening it, and they don't even know a single
person who might get send there. But ok i give them that they think about the situation. :)
infowars and rt

toxicTom: https://www.mdr.de/sachsen/dresden/dresden-radebeul/corona-quarantaene-verweigerer-absonderung-zwang-asylunterkunft-100.html

It's a last resort thing if people who are infected repeatedly refuse to keep themselves quarantined. And it has to go through court.

It comes from the terminal end of his digestive apparatus, of course, like all "information" this troll has ever shared.
low rated
Orkhepaj: do you think this is acceptable ?
dtgreene: Yes.

(Provided, of course, that the conditions in the camp are reasonable, and that there's sufficient isolation, treatment, and (when the time comes) vaccination in said camps.)
but that is exactly what a totalitarian fascist regime would do
put everyone into camps who dont obey the tyrannical rules
infowars and rt

toxicTom: https://www.mdr.de/sachsen/dresden/dresden-radebeul/corona-quarantaene-verweigerer-absonderung-zwang-asylunterkunft-100.html

from a different story just was part of the same title of the vid
Post edited January 19, 2021 by Orkhepaj
low rated
Orkhepaj: ...
Could ya please try to not post pure politics here, so the thread doesn't get modded? Thanks.
Post edited January 19, 2021 by GamezRanker
Apparently, there was one case in the US where everyone in a family got COVID-19

...except for one person who was participating in a vaccine trial (and who just learned he got the vaccine rather than the placebo).