It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just got warned by moderator because of my #122 second part.
So my apologies to GameRager.

And I will pray that doctors/nurses don't change their minds seeing how careless we are and how much we know better than them what is dangerous or not.
Since everyone insists this thread belongs on a gaming forum...

Just dropping this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSBgXJpje74
Post edited April 06, 2020 by paladin181
Auto-censorship

Please also erase quote of my posts.
Post edited April 26, 2020 by francksteel
high rated
Auto-censorship

Please also erase quote of my posts.
Post edited April 26, 2020 by francksteel
paladin181: Since everyone insists this thread belongs on a gaming forum...

Just dropping this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSBgXJpje74
There's a super long comment on that video from a self-described hospital worker about how the video is deceptive because some hospitals aren't allowing patients to be out of their rooms right now or visitors to hang around. Not that some random person's comment should be trusted any more than the video, but the allure of comfortable conspiracy theories can become dangerous when they're allowed to supplant facts at important moments.

Some of us actually know doctors and nurses who are overwhelmed and underequipped to deal with an escalating crisis that's unfolding right now. The person I know is a family friend who has my fashion designer sister sewing her special headbands that their masks can be attached to because they're bruising everyone's ears from how long they're being worn every day.

It's human nature to look at something and go, "no, I know what this is really all about," but no. This time, just no. Some random person with a camera and near-complete lack of context/experience doesn't change the reality of a thing. And since that thing becomes exponentially more of a problem every time someone buys in because "it's not that bad, really" is a cozier alternative to live with, let's please very much not.
227: There's a super long comment on that video from a self-described hospital worker about how the video is deceptive because some hospitals aren't allowing patients to be out of their rooms right now or visitors to hang around. Not that some random person's comment should be trusted any more than the video, but the allure of comfortable conspiracy theories can become dangerous when they're allowed to supplant facts at important moments.

Some of us actually know doctors and nurses who are overwhelmed and underequipped to deal with an escalating crisis that's unfolding right now. The person I know is a family friend who has my fashion designer sister sewing her special headbands that their masks can be attached to because they're bruising everyone's ears from how long they're being worn every day.

It's human nature to look at something and go, "no, I know what this is really all about," but no. This time, just no. Some random person with a camera and near-complete lack of context/experience doesn't change the reality of a thing. And since that thing becomes exponentially more of a problem every time someone buys in because "it's not that bad, really" is a cozier alternative to live with, let's please very much not.
I know a few who aren't overwhelmed. I do work in hospitals. It was also more about not trusting the media since they are the ones saying "2 hour lines outside this facility everyday!" and yet those same facilities have no lines. Much like the lady in Hawaii getting defensive when a day before she said they were overwhelmed by volume, and then there we no patients there the next day. Who is being misleading there? The people showing you the media is lying, or the media and care providers who are caught lying?
Post edited April 06, 2020 by paladin181
This might be useful to some people.
In order to win this battle against COVID-19, we must work together and share our experience around the world. The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine has treated 104 patients tested positive for COVID-19 in 50 days; and it has achieved zero deaths in patients diagnosed, zero patients misdiagnosed, and zero infections in medical staff. Their experts wrote real treatment experience when combating the virus night and day, and quickly published this Handbook of COVID-19 Prevention and Treatment, in order to share their invaluable practical advice and references with medical professionals around the world. This handbook compares and analyzes the experience of other experts in China; gives detailed and comprehensive answers to potential questions for diagnosing and treating patients in different types; and provides a good reference to key departments such as hospital infection management, nursing, and outpatient clinics. This handbook provides comprehensive guidelines and best practices by China's top experts for coping with COVID-19.
https://covid-19.alibabacloud.com/

227: There's a super long comment on that video from a self-described hospital worker about how the video is deceptive because some hospitals aren't allowing patients to be out of their rooms right now or visitors to hang around. Not that some random person's comment should be trusted any more than the video, but the allure of comfortable conspiracy theories can become dangerous when they're allowed to supplant facts at important moments.
The truth is we don't know how good or bad this situation. Many laws are being passed which put the public at risk if they were misused. It is also a money printing excuse. How can the ordinary person get accurate information on any disease outbreak or cancer clusters when they are hidden behind political medical groups.
And we reached 1021 cases and 30 deaths from corona all together.
Also 102 released from hospitals since healed.
Also 30 people in intensive care.
Post edited April 06, 2020 by Fonzer
GameRager: So he is wrong on everything because he was possibly wrong in the past?
No - he has low credibility. He has burned his capacity to be trusted by being untrustworthy in the past.

This is a useful measure. You won't agree based on a rambling comment about "surely we should trust information, not the people that tell us to trust it" or some other misdirection while ignoring the idea and usefulness of credibility.
Prime Minister of Britain has been moved into hospital from virus symptoms.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved to intensive care in hospital after his coronavirus symptoms "worsened", Downing Street has said.
A spokesman said he was moved on the advice of his medical team and was receiving "excellent care".
Mr Johnson has asked Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab to deputise "where necessary", the spokesman added.
The prime minister, 55, was admitted to hospital in London with "persistent symptoms" on Sunday evening.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52192604

GameRager: So he is wrong on everything because he was possibly wrong in the past?
wpegg: No - he has low credibility. He has burned his capacity to be trusted by being untrustworthy in the past.
What untrustworthyness?
low rated
francksteel: Just got warned by moderator because of my #122 second part.
So my apologies to GameRager.
It happens....with times being stressful we can all(even me on occasion) sometimes say/do things we should think twice about.

(BTW do you mean post 121 or 123? I ask as post 122 is my post)
=====================================================

wpegg: No - he has low credibility. He has burned his capacity to be trusted by being untrustworthy in the past.

This is a useful measure. You won't agree based on a rambling comment about "surely we should trust information, not the people that tell us to trust it" or some other misdirection while ignoring the idea and usefulness of credibility.
That's not how facts work.....facts are facts no matter who says them or why....credibility or little-no credibility.

(i.e. Say you know 2+2=4.....if someone you don't trust or trust much says 2+2=4 that doesn't suddenly mean 2+2=5/3/fish)

(Also that is what I was trying to primarily focus on by posting that link......the things/articles he showed/commented on more than his takes on such)
Post edited April 08, 2020 by GameRager
low rated
Spectre: This might be useful to some people.
Thanks for this....added to the OP post.

Spectre: What untrustworthyness?
He says/has said some un-pc things and because of that he is less credible in the eyes of some.

(Not going to get into it here as this isn't the time/place for such)
Post edited April 08, 2020 by GameRager
Does anyone have a credible source on updated data regarding age difference, chronic issues before being infected or anything else that might be of use to determine risk? WHO released numbers but it's from February 28th. It seems high risk was at the time only 80 years of age or more, usually with chronic issues.
I just want to add the recipe of the WHO for disinefction is not working as intended and should not be used. Better use Isopropanol (sorry do not know the english word for it) 70%.

To the person above me, afaik by my sister who is leading emergency station and intensive care station in a german hospital, risk is 50+ and not 80+. But it can also get younger people as those have died to it as well.
Angm4r: I just want to add the recipe of the WHO for disinefction is not working as intended and should not be used. Better use Isopropanol (sorry do not know the english word for it) 70%.

To the person above me, afaik by my sister who is leading emergency station and intensive care station in a german hospital, risk is 50+ and not 80+. But it can also get younger people as those have died to it as well.
I emphasised high risk but I was curious about current, updated statistics so one can compare between them. I don't think I can do anything practical with it, but it was more about understanding where the concentration of people who will get the issues.

Also, since age is easy to determine quickly and used as statistics, the more important data is obviously health condition before the infection. So far they mention on the news that people who have heart issues, diabetes, reduced immune system or even obesity added risk of infection as well as death rate.