As you well know, I've been running this outfit for nearly 3 years now (calm down, I'm not quitting). Between this and the GOG edition of the Community Giveaway, I've managed to dole out over 3,000 keys total, which speaks more about the generosity of you guys than it does about me. However, as you've likely noticed, there have been bumps along the road numerous times, prompting a few changes. I've reached a point where I see one of those changes is dreadfully needed, primarily the issue of space on the OP. As such, I would like to-
....ahhh, screw the speech. This operation is nothing if not informal.
So, here's how it's gonna work, y'all. This giveaway's gotten so big that it's clear as day that it's long since outgrown the clothes it's in. The OP can't handle such a huge capacity. I've realized that this is the biggest issue and feel like it's way unfair to you guys, so I've decided to arrange it such that the OP is entirely done away with. In other words, instead of all those piles of links, there's going to instead be one singular link to a Google Sheets document, which should be waaaaay easier to upkeep. I've hired the handy help of the industrious finkleroy to aid me in this transition. To keep your eyes from glazing over in this droning text wall, here's a handy-dandy list of what's going to change.
- This thread will no longer have a pile of links on the OP. Those will be wiped and replaced with a link to a Google Sheets document showing all available keys.
- This new document will offer pretty much the same info the OP already does: games, platform, store link, daggers, notes, etc., just in a better format with far, far more space.
- Retired keys will no longer be a thing. These were only ever put in place due to space considerations, but with this no format, there's no point, they'll just be really long-lasting daggered keys as they were before.
- Donations, requests, and other various rules will remain the same. This entire thing is more or less just moving the list over to a new spot since it's too big for GOG to handle.
- This process will take a little bit, and during that time, I likely won't be able to fulfill requests in order to make sure I don't get things mixed up. For those of you who've made requests, I'll get to you, so don't worry.
- I'll still do periodic updates as before, although I'm currently trying to work out exactly how that'll be done in terms of the behind-the-scenes.
- I'm considering making a new thread and locking this one. I'd like to hear opinions from the community about me doing this (and the Google Sheets idea).
TL;DR: Everybody donated so much that you broke GOG and I had to call GOG's bigger, beefier brother, GOoGle, to handle the volume. Giveaway's on hiatus for a few days, when it emerges from the ashes, the list on the OP will be wiped and replaced with a Google Sheets link. Big thanks to finkleroy for helping me sort out this mess.
Post edited October 28, 2018 by zeogold