It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: So I finally understood why the solution suggested by gogtrial34987 worked. However the GOG logic here is completely crazy. Why should I prevent MYSELF to contact people who aren't my friends? Why do I need a mechabnism for that? I just don't contact them and that's all right - I don't need a setting that prevents me from doing that.
Themken: It is crazy but has one advantage: You will quickly understand that something is wrong.
lol
Absconding Zatwor, Alpha Runner, Ampersand, Bibou, BlackShadows, Blaster Shooter GunGuy!, Calcu-Late, Dead Bits, Deep Fear, Deep Space Dash, The Deer, Idol Hands, Monster Puzzle, The Note, Squeezone, Star Drifter, Star Fields, and Tinboy have been retired.
pferreira1983: Yeah it's weird. It must be since the last update. I have contacted Zeogold before. This time it seemed to be set to friends only as default. I understand the logic behind needing this makes no sense.
GOG changed the default some months back, regardless of what your settings were before then. The idea was to combat spam, although I question how effective it was.
Gerin: May I have The Walking Dead?
Granted.
Post edited October 22, 2017 by zeogold
zeogold: Absconding Zatwor, Alpha Runner, Ampersand, Bibou, BlackShadows, Blaster Shooter GunGuy!, Calcu-Late, Dead Bits, Deep Fear, Deep Space Dash, The Deer, Idol Hands, Monster Puzzle, The Note, Squeezone, Star Drifter, Star Fields, and Tinboy have been retired.
pferreira1983: Yeah it's weird. It must be since the last update. I have contacted Zeogold before. This time it seemed to be set to friends only as default. I understand the logic behind needing this makes no sense.
zeogold: GOG changed the default some months back, regardless of what your settings were before then. The idea was to combat spam, although I question how effective it was.
The crazy thing was not that GOG changed the default setting - no matter how effective it was to combat spam. The strange thing was that your own setting actually can prevent you to contact another user as well.
MarkoH01: The crazy thing was not that GOG changed the default setting - no matter how effective it was to combat spam. The strange thing was that your own setting actually can prevent you to contact another user as well.
I guess I explained badly; as it works now, you realise something is wrong but if you would be able to send messages but not recieve you might not understand why you never ever get any replies.
MarkoH01: The strange thing was that your own setting actually can prevent you to contact another user as well.
How is that a strange thing? If your setting is at "friends only" and they're not on your friends list, let's say you DO contact them somehow:
How are they supposed to contact you back?
You could argue "Well, I only want it to work with this one person!", but in that case, wouldn't you just add them as a friend (if only temporarily)?
zeogold: GOG changed the default some months back, regardless of what your settings were before then. The idea was to combat spam, although I question how effective it was.
+XCI.
MarkoH01: The strange thing was that your own setting actually can prevent you to contact another user as well.
zeogold: How is that a strange thing? If your setting is at "friends only" and they're not on your friends list, let's say you DO contact them somehow:
You could argue "Well, I only want it to work with this one person!", but in that case, wouldn't you just add them as a friend (if only temporarily)?
It's a strange thing because normally I KNOW who I want to contact and who I do not want to contact. So why should I even WANT to contact somebody who is not on my friends list if I want to only have contact with friends (hence the setting?) I don't need no setting to remind me who I do want to contact and who I do not. Normally this setting is meant to prevent that everybody is able to contact YOU not the other way around.
zeogold: How is that a strange thing? If your setting is at "friends only" and they're not on your friends list, let's say you DO contact them somehow:
MarkoH01: It's a strange thing because normally I KNOW who I want to contact and who I do not want to contact. So why should I even WANT to contact somebody who is not on my friends list if I want to only have contact with friends (hence the setting?) I don't need no setting to remind me who I do want to contact and who I do not. Normally this setting is meant to prevent that everybody is able to contact YOU not the other way around.
I feel like I'm missing something here.
If you know who you do and don't want to contact, again, isn't that as simple as adding those you want to talk to on your friendslist and keeping the rest of the riffraff off it?
MarkoH01: It's a strange thing because normally I KNOW who I want to contact and who I do not want to contact. So why should I even WANT to contact somebody who is not on my friends list if I want to only have contact with friends (hence the setting?) I don't need no setting to remind me who I do want to contact and who I do not. Normally this setting is meant to prevent that everybody is able to contact YOU not the other way around.
zeogold: I feel like I'm missing something here.
If you know who you do and don't want to contact, again, isn't that as simple as adding those you want to talk to on your friendslist and keeping the rest of the riffraff off it?
I did not mean that it would be a complicated thing or anything like it I just think that it is completely unnecessary to prevent myself to contact another one with my own settings.
zeogold: I feel like I'm missing something here.
MarkoH01: I did not mean that it would be a complicated thing or anything like it I just think that it is completely unnecessary to prevent myself to contact another one with my own settings.
I think they could just alleviate it if they had an indicator as to whether the chat were disallowed by your own settings or the other person's.
Like, I get what you're saying here, but that's gotta be miserable to code. In theory, you want to be able to set your chat to "friends only" making it so that nobody who isn't a friend can contact you. However, if you want to contact somebody else who doesn't have their chat set to such, wish to be able to do so. So...how do they send a chat back to you if you have it set to restrict all incoming chats to friends-only? It'd have to be rigged in such a way that it gives them some sort of one-time pass that lets them reply since you messaged them first. So what if you want to cut off contact after that (i.e. you were only doing it for a trade deal or something)? You'd have to ban them after you're through. Either that, or the coding would have to have some sort of time limit on it such that they can only chat you for X number of hours. What would be the difference between this and just adding them as a friend, saying whatever you need to say, and removing them after you're done (if you want to)? The current friend-adding method actually seems less complicated than the alternative. Unless you're suggesting it automatically add somebody to your friendslist whenever you send a message to someone.
Okay thanks.
Post edited October 22, 2017 by pferreira1983
Ginormous thanks to zeogold and MarkoH01 for The Walking Dead.
Gerin: Ginormous thanks to zeogold and MarkoH01 for The Walking Dead.
Happy Zombie hunting :)
Gerin: Ginormous thanks to zeogold and MarkoH01 for The Walking Dead.
MarkoH01: Happy Zombie hunting :)
i thught the zombies hunted you
MarkoH01: Happy Zombie hunting :)
Vyraexii: i thught the zombies hunted you
You have to defend yourself as well and this might as well mean shoot first before you are bitten. But of course you are right that the game is mostly about survival and not a Zombie hunting game. Happy surviving does not sound that good, though :)
Post edited October 24, 2017 by MarkoH01