It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

pferreira1983: Hi zeogold I wanted to donate some codes but cannot message you as I don't have permission from your end. Please feel free to contact me.
Unless zeo has you actively blocked, it's actually your end where a setting needs to be changed. (I can start a chat with zeo, but not with you.)

From the 1st post:
zeogold: GOG has changed the chat privacy settings to default to "friends only". If you wish to be contacted by anyone here in the thread, make donations, receive nominations, etc., please remember to change your privacy settings accordingly even and especially if it was set to "anyone" before. Go to "orders & settings" and then "privacy" to accomplish this. You can read more information here.
gogtrial34987: Unless zeo has you actively blocked, it's actually your end where a setting needs to be changed. (I can start a chat with zeo, but not with you.)

From the 1st post:
zeogold: GOG has changed the chat privacy settings to default to "friends only". If you wish to be contacted by anyone here in the thread, make donations, receive nominations, etc., please remember to change your privacy settings accordingly even and especially if it was set to "anyone" before. Go to "orders & settings" and then "privacy" to accomplish this. You can read more information here.
gogtrial34987:
I see the problem now. Thanks!
pferreira1983: Hi zeogold I wanted to donate some codes but cannot message you as I don't have permission from your end. Please feel free to contact me.
gogtrial34987: Unless zeo has you actively blocked, it's actually your end where a setting needs to be changed. (I can start a chat with zeo, but not with you.)

From the 1st post:
gogtrial34987:
But I still cannot see why pferreia1983 should have problems contacting zeo if zeo has set his setting to "anyone". Should not be important then what settings pferreira1983 has.
MarkoH01: But I still cannot see why pferreia1983 should have problems contacting zeo if zeo has set his setting to "anyone". Should not be important then what settings pferreira1983 has.
Had the wrong settings, got it fixed.
MarkoH01: But I still cannot see why pferreia1983 should have problems contacting zeo if zeo has set his setting to "anyone". Should not be important then what settings pferreira1983 has.
pferreira1983: Had the wrong settings, got it fixed.
I cannot imagine any settings which could cause you to being unable to contact a user at all. So as long as this user (in this case zeogold) has not set his settings to "friends only" I fail to see the logic here.
MarkoH01: I cannot imagine any settings which could cause you to being unable to contact a user at all. So as long as this user (in this case zeogold) has not set his settings to "friends only" I fail to see the logic here.
Well I had it set to friends only so got that fixed.
MarkoH01: I cannot imagine any settings which could cause you to being unable to contact a user at all. So as long as this user (in this case zeogold) has not set his settings to "friends only" I fail to see the logic here.
pferreira1983: Well I had it set to friends only so got that fixed.
But it still does not make any sense because the "friends only" setting is only preventing OTHERS to contact YOU. You told here that you tried to contact HIM and if HIS settings were set to anyone YOUR settings would be completely irellevant. Of course it still is a good thing that you managed to fix the issue but I still don't understand the logic behind it. Changing your settings would only enable others to contact you but not the other way around.
Post edited October 21, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: But it still does not make any sense because the "friends only" setting is only preventing OTHERS to contact YOU. You told here that you tried to contact HIM and if HIS settings were set to anyone YOUR settings would be completely irellevant. Of course it still is a good thing that you managed to fix the issue but I still don't understand the logic behind it. Changing your settings would only enable others to contact you but not the other way around.
Before I changed my settings I couldn't pm him, now I changed the settings I can. It all depends now on whether he responds.
Post edited October 21, 2017 by pferreira1983
MarkoH01: But it still does not make any sense because the "friends only" setting is only preventing OTHERS to contact YOU. You told here that you tried to contact HIM and if HIS settings were set to anyone YOUR settings would be completely irellevant. Of course it still is a good thing that you managed to fix the issue but I still don't understand the logic behind it. Changing your settings would only enable others to contact you but not the other way around.
pferreira1983: Before I changed my settings I couldn't pm him, now I changed the settings I can. It all depends now on whether he responds.
I understood completely what you did. It just does not make any sense that it worked - that's all.
MarkoH01: I understood completely what you did. It just does not make any sense that it worked - that's all.
I just followed what gogtrial34987 said in his post.
MarkoH01: I understood completely what you did. It just does not make any sense that it worked - that's all.
pferreira1983: I just followed what gogtrial34987 said in his post.
O.K. I just tried it myself :
Having my own privacy settings set to "friends only" is not just preventing others to contact me but also preventing myself from contacting others who aren't my friends.

So I finally understood why the solution suggested by gogtrial34987 worked. However the GOG logic here is completely crazy. Why should I prevent MYSELF to contact people who aren't my friends? Why do I need a mechabnism for that? I just don't contact them and that's all right - I don't need a setting that prevents me from doing that.
MarkoH01: O.K. I just tried it myself :
Having my own privacy settings set to "friends only" is not just preventing others to contact me but also preventing myself from contacting others who aren't my friends.

So I finally understood why the solution suggested by gogtrial34987 worked. However the GOG logic here is completely crazy. Why should I prevent MYSELF to contact people who aren't my friends? Why do I need a mechabnism for that? I just don't contact them and that's all right - I don't need a setting that prevents me from doing that.
Yeah it's weird. It must be since the last update. I have contacted Zeogold before. This time it seemed to be set to friends only as default. I understand the logic behind needing this makes no sense.
MarkoH01: So I finally understood why the solution suggested by gogtrial34987 worked. However the GOG logic here is completely crazy. Why should I prevent MYSELF to contact people who aren't my friends? Why do I need a mechabnism for that? I just don't contact them and that's all right - I don't need a setting that prevents me from doing that.
It is crazy but has one advantage: You will quickly understand that something is wrong.
No, it makes perfect sense - if someone has their privacy settings to "nobody" or "friends only" and then could sent a message via chat to a user who has it set to "anybody", how in the hell this user would be able to respond to this message? O.o
This is great, is nice to see there is still a lot of good folks in here.

Thanks to Zeogold and everyone who actively collaborates not only through this thread but also on their own to making GOG the place it has always been.

Cheers.