It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JunglePredator: Ya all my floppy stuff died (I'm unclear if I still hold licenses to those? I would think so... but it's a moot point for some of the stuff cause it was irreplaceable & others... like Doom 2, have been replaced) but I tend to take very good care of my games; the only CD I've lost was the original Myst CD... but it was lost not ruined.
So I keep Strife on my HDD because it's small & an excellent FPS along with various patches to older games & such. Such as the Splinter Cell: Double Agent v1.02 patch... the Steam version doesn't come patched. I used to keep other CD images but as more gets updated on Steam it's become less useful to keep the images around.
Yeah, I've got a massive hierarchy of dirs on my HDD of official game patches for games on CD/DVD. Kind of surprising Double Agent isn't patched on Steam, but that's Ubisoft for you I guess eh? I own that one on DVD but wasn't able to play it on my slow computer back in the day and I have never tried it out since I built the one I'm using now. I'll need to try it out one of these days as I loved the first 3 Splinter Cell games.
Update: The Original St-
JunglePredator: Just sent Zeogold a copy of The Original Strife: Veteran Edition for the giveaway.
....uh...yeah. That.
It's been added to the li-
skeletonbow: Oooo. I'll throw my bow in the hat for a chance for Strife...
Well. Uh. Granted.
Y'all have all the fun without me.
Post edited October 04, 2016 by zeogold
I just finally joined Steam and thought I'd take a look at this giveaway here. Only one title that looks fun to me (no offense intended, I'm just a very picky gamer), so....

I'm requesting Zombie Bowl-O-Rama, if you would be so kind!

I've always liked bowling games (since I suck at the real thing), so this one really appeals to me. :-)
ChaunceyK: I just finally joined Steam and thought I'd take a look at this giveaway here.
Heh.
Heheheheh.
At last.
AT LAST....YOU ARE MINE....BWAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!
http://i.makeagif.com/media/6-18-2015/Ighcn9.gif

*ahem*

ChaunceyK: I'm requesting Zombie Bowl-O-Rama, if you would be so kind!
Granted.
Post edited October 04, 2016 by zeogold
Thanks to you for hosting, and thanks to JunglePredator for the donated key!
zeogold: Update: The Original St-
JunglePredator: Just sent Zeogold a copy of The Original Strife: Veteran Edition for the giveaway.
zeogold: ....uh...yeah. That.
It's been added to the li-
skeletonbow: Oooo. I'll throw my bow in the hat for a chance for Strife...
zeogold: Well. Uh. Granted.
Y'all have all the fun without me.
I'll strive to do my best with the least amount of strife and the most amount of Strife. :)

Thank you JunglePredator for the game! And also thank you to our gilded host for handling the high speed transaction faster than a Goldman Sachs high frequency trading platform computer algorithm! :)
skeletonbow: And also thank you to our gilded host for handling the high speed transaction faster than a Goldman Sachs high frequency trading platform computer algorithm! :)
...I can't tell whether that's good or bad.
zeogold: ...I can't tell whether that's good or bad.
Just attempted the first level on medium difficulty. Wow, is this game ever different from what I remember. They've made some serious improvements to it since the original. Gone is the old id Software 2.75D ray-casting engine, replaced with OpenGL or D3D with full mouse-look capability which is rather pleasant to say the least. Takes some getting used to the high speed of these older games even when just walking, but I guess that's a sign of the time. :) Got my ass whomped twice which was a bit of a surprise, but then I haven't been playing FPS for a while, especially not old-school 90s FPS.

I found that I have been spoiled by auto-save in modern games also. Die, and you load from your last manual save or start at the beginning again. Gotta remember to save! :)

Nightdive did a pretty decent job on this.
zeogold: ...I can't tell whether that's good or bad.
skeletonbow: Gone is the old id Software 2.75D ray-casting engine, replaced with OpenGL or D3D with full mouse-look capability which is rather pleasant to say the least.
Oh. Cool.

...I still can't tell whether that's good or bad.
zeogold: Oh. Cool.

...I still can't tell whether that's good or bad.
LOL, it's good. :) One thing that appears lacking mind you, is high resolution support unless I just didn't figure out how to enable it, but that isn't a big issue at all as it can be made to look 90s authentic via a visual effect option that gives it an analog filter look to smooth off the eye cutting pixel edges. Works quite well. Of course, I always have to try to push all games new or old to 2560x1600 if it is possible. :oP I'm sure there are 500 addons, OSS binaries etc that can be used with it for all kinds of fun stuphs too though. :)
skeletonbow: an analog filter look to smooth off the eye cutting pixel edges. Works quite well. Of course, I always have to try to push all games new or old to 2560x1600 if it is possible. :oP I'm sure there are 500 addons, OSS binaries etc that can be used with it for all kinds of fun stuphs too though. :)
I SURRENDER! TAKE MY CHEEZ-ITS!
zeogold: I SURRENDER! TAKE MY CHEEZ-ITS!
Swap 'em for raw carrots and we'll call it a deal! :)

Speaking of which, I still haven't seen a video game where you can use raw carrots as a violent weapon. It's a damn shame, it really is.

Update: Just in case anyone doesn't understand why. This is why:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZXtx2oRMuU
Post edited October 04, 2016 by skeletonbow
zeogold: I SURRENDER! TAKE MY CHEEZ-ITS!
skeletonbow: Swap 'em for raw carrots and we'll call it a deal! :)

Speaking of which, I still haven't seen a video game where you can use raw carrots as a violent weapon. It's a damn shame, it really is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZXtx2oRMuU
Oh cool that's totally how I'm going to....

Uhh... I'm not going to finish that.
skeletonbow: Speaking of which, I still haven't seen a video game where you can use raw carrots as a violent weapon. It's a damn shame, it really is.

The taste?
ChaunceyK: I just finally joined Steam and thought I'd take a look at this giveaway here.
zeogold: Heh.
Heheheheh.
At last.
AT LAST....YOU ARE MINE....BWAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!
http://i.makeagif.com/media/6-18-2015/Ighcn9.gif

*ahem*

ChaunceyK: I'm requesting Zombie Bowl-O-Rama, if you would be so kind!
zeogold: Granted.
Oh, zeo - have you forgotten to take your pills again? No, you CANNOT take over the world. It is a bad thing and people don't do that. Especially if they want to be counted to the NICE people. So take your pills, get some rest and relax.