It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ColaPoweredGamer: Ok, so if I got this correctly, I should check the FIRST page frequently for available games? I don't want to seem rude, and ask for the games without following the established rules. I don't want to request a game that isn't available, so I wanted to make things clear.
You should check the first page to read the rules if you haven't yet, and I'm saying this because it sounds like you haven't. When you quote, please avoid quoting chunks of text this big as it gets confusing to read.
The first post says "The available games are listed in the second post".
Post edited November 08, 2019 by Dogmaus
I read the rules and the available games, it's just that I wanted to make sure, because I see people requesting games that aren't listed in the second post, so I wanted to make sure I followed the rules and meet the criteria for the giveaway.
So, in summary check the second post often!
Thanks for clearing this stuff up, I really appreciate it.
ColaPoweredGamer: Thanks for clearing this stuff up, I really appreciate it.
Sure, no probs!
argamasa: Hi finkleroy, just a point: Oxenfree shouldn´t go in the daggered zone? it was given for free two years ago. Not for me, I own it. Thank you a lot for your effort and volunteer dedication to this,.. don't take it badly, it was just for helping. Regards!
I'm fairly certain this has happened before back when zeogold maintained the giveaway and with the exact same game, no less. If I remember correctly, the copies of Oxenfree that are listed there outside of the daggered area are ones that someone has purchased, differentiating them from the codes that were floating around from when the game was given away to everyone on the site some time ago.
argamasa: Hi finkleroy, just a point: Oxenfree shouldn´t go in the daggered zone? it was given for free two years ago. Not for me, I own it. Thank you a lot for your effort and volunteer dedication to this,.. don't take it badly, it was just for helping. Regards!
TheMonkofDestiny: I'm fairly certain this has happened before back when zeogold maintained the giveaway and with the exact same game, no less. If I remember correctly, the copies of Oxenfree that are listed there outside of the daggered area are ones that someone has purchased, differentiating them from the codes that were floating around from when the game was given away to everyone on the site some time ago.
Those copies appear to have been won in a TechRaptor giveaway. I didn't notice it's on the list of frequently daggered games, and now I'm torn. Should I dagger them or not? They expire, but in a decade.
finkleroy: Those copies appear to have been won in a TechRaptor giveaway. I didn't notice it's on the list of frequently daggered games, and now I'm torn. Should I dagger them or not? They expire, but in a decade.
Ah, right. I'm also now realizing when I was referencing that past incident with zeogold that I completely botched the word I meant to use ("were", not "are") since I had no way of knowing whether the copies currently up there were purchases or not.

I'd say it's your call - I feel like it's a weird area to traverse, made even weirder by the fact that the expiry is so non-standard compared to other giveaways (whether done by GOG themselves or third parties).

As long as it isn't setting some kind of precedent that any game ever given away suddenly becomes a permanent dagger candidate, it's fine overall.
TheMonkofDestiny: *snip*
I'll leave it for now. If nobody bites, I'll dagger it.
finkleroy: Those copies appear to have been won in a TechRaptor giveaway. I didn't notice it's on the list of frequently daggered games, and now I'm torn. Should I dagger them or not? They expire, but in a decade.
Imho, the point of daggered keys is to find a good home for games that wouldn't be requested if they weren't daggered, and there's little chance of that ever changing. If I remember the timing correctly, zeo instituted the concept before gog freebie keys started to expire (or at least when there was still a lot of supply of non-expiring freebie keys).

With these keys, I'd put them in the general pool for 3-6 months first. If they still haven't been requested by then, you can probably assume that the saturation from the freebie was high enough that there's no demand, but me, I'm predicting they'll be requested long before then.
Since they were given through other site, I don't think they should be daggered. My guess is that most folks here wouldn't register on other sites just to get a free key. I could be wrong, but personally I wouldn't do it.

And there are only 2 keys. If they were more than 5, then maybe.
low rated
BFG2000: Thanks a lot to finkleroy and GameRager for Postal Classic and Uncut!
I hope you have fun with it :)
Hello. Can I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream?
high rated
LootHunter: Hello. Can I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream?
Granted.
LootHunter: Hello. Can I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream?
finkleroy: Granted.
Thank you (and GameRager) for this cult classic (horror)adventure.
low rated
LootHunter: Thank you (and GameRager) for this cult classic (horror)adventure.
Tell AM we said hi. ;)
Hi can I have Killer is Dead: Nightmare Edition please?