It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CervelloYM: It has nothing to do with new people.

You'll see at the end of the month, "old people" will ask for a game because it's already a new month where they live.
Or they post their request a few minutes early, as you said "making an exception."

So it's either they don't read the rules thoroughly or the rules are there to be broken.
I've made the time zone mistake at least a couple of times...it was the first of the month for me but not yet for finkleroi, ooops!
B1tF1ghter: It's sort of getting annoying.
Cavalary: Only sort of? I'm still amazed (and, frankly, a bit disappointed) with finkleroy's patience with them.
Well at least in most of these cases he only uses the same text so it is not that much work for him to "reply" to these requests. However I can understand that some of those who know the rules inside and out can get a bit annoyed or rather angry about those uninformed requests, especially if it is even mentioned that the reason for not knowing the rules is simply being lazy and not wanting to read the rules.

Cavalary: For things like this, I'd take a much sterner approach, firm warning on a first message of the sort, ban if repeated, or if returning with an "am I eligible yet?" one within a month of being told no the first time for example.
Right now such consequences are not even stated in the rules if I am not mistaken so those would have to be changed as well. Anyway, I am pretty sure that finkleroy does not even WANT to be that harsh. This has the downside of more unreasonable requests but it might also have the positive effect of keeping things calm and friendly... maybe?
If I am allowed to participate may I have The Testament of Sherlock Holmes?

Thanks!
high rated
igorche9: If I am allowed to participate may I have The Testament of Sherlock Holmes?

Thanks!
Granted.
Thank you 51nikopol and finkleroy for The Testament of Sherlock Holmes.
May I request System Shock 2?

Thanks in advance!
May I be considered for Wingspan, please?
high rated
BenKii: I'm not sure if he's still active on the forums but I'd like to nominate the first person to run this wonderful Community Giveaway.

Nominating IAmSinistar for Stardew Valley
finkleroy: He's active and eligible for the giveaway, but I can't chat with him due to his privacy settings. Would someone mind getting in touch with him and asking him to either add me as a friend or change his privacy settings so that he can chat with everyone? Thanks.
Thanks kindly to you both, for the game and for continuing the give-away! ^_^
high rated
Krooked_: May I request System Shock 2?

Thanks in advance!
Granted.
Vythonaut: May I be considered for Wingspan, please?
Granted.
Thank you for the gift finkleroy and IAmSinistar!
My *fluffiest* thanks to Doc0075 for donating Wingspan, finkleroy for managing everything in here and everyone else who keep the whole thing alive and kicking; Much appreciated!
Hey Folks,
I am a new person and looked for the forum rules but cannot find them. Can someone direct me to them?

My request would be for any of the Far Cry games except for Far Cry 3, which I bought.

As an aside, it's really cool to see people being generous to people they don't even know.

Thanks
high rated
lincoln.hawks: Hey Folks,
I am a new person and looked for the forum rules but cannot find them. Can someone direct me to them?

My request would be for any of the Far Cry games except for Far Cry 3, which I bought.

As an aside, it's really cool to see people being generous to people they don't even know.

Thanks
Posts #1 and #2 and #3 in this thread. Here is a link to the first page, where you can find all three posts:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_community_giveaway_gog_edition_redux/page1
Post edited January 26, 2021 by mrkgnao
Can I have SHOCK TROOPERS please?
high rated
lincoln.hawks: Hey Folks,

Thanks
That game isn't on the list. Please familiarize yourself with how this giveaway works by reading the first two posts in this thread. You seem to be new here, so you don't really qualify for the giveaway yet. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the forum and make some meaningful posts and/or tell some jokes here and there in threads that aren't specifically for game giveaways, and before you know it you'll be eligible. Please familiarize yourself with the rules of this giveaway, which are located in the first post of this thread. In the meantime, someone in the community gifting thread might be able to help you out. The only way to fast-track the qualification process is to donate some keys. I'm just trying to make sure you're not only on the forum to get free games. Donating isn't mandatory, but it's a good indication that you're not just here for free games.
DesmondOC: Can I have SHOCK TROOPERS please?
Granted.